Why Didn't The Mech Bay Mechanic Clean The Cockpit Window Before The Battle?!

17 replies to this topic

#1 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

When you drop the mech cockpit window covered with dirt! You think going into battle someone would want to clean it first.

I don't like it because it's making the third person view which shouldn't really exist (unless there is a camera mounted on a stick) more useful than the standard cockpit view.

#2 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

I dropped into the testing grounds, and yeah, the glass was pretty bad. But when I dropped into an actual game, the effect was no where near as prevalent. In fact, I barely noticed it.

#3 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:10 AM

I just played a game on the map canyon network and it looked like no had cleaned it for a long time.

I mean all the repairs that are done after each game and no one can wipe the window?

Can we at least have a window clean service for cbills as part of the repair.

There is no dirt effect on the third person view, which seems like they want to go more towards 3rd person view.

Edited by Mekwarrior, 22 January 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#4 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostMekwarrior, on 22 January 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

Why Didn't The Mech Bay Mechanic Clean The Cockpit Window Before The Battle?!

I'd like to know also who's the UAC5 loader engineer, since it happens many times that those things jam even before actually shooting the first time. Time to skin the mechanic and hire another one.

Seriously, cockpit glass is a nice feature, but the effect, along with film grain, makes senseless to have uber videocards to play this game aiming at good image quality.

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostMekwarrior, on 22 January 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

When you drop the mech cockpit window covered with dirt! You think going into battle someone would want to clean it first.

I don't like it because it's making the third person view which shouldn't really exist (unless there is a camera mounted on a stick) more useful than the standard cockpit view.

because you have been cheap and haven't been tipping your Astech well?

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 22 January 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

I'd like to know also who's the UAC5 loader engineer, since it happens many times that those things jam even before actually shooting the first time. Time to skin the mechanic and hire another one.

Seriously, cockpit glass is a nice feature, but the effect, along with film grain, makes senseless to have uber videocards to play this game aiming at good image quality.

Nonsense John!

Without a good quality video card how could one possibly enjoy all the nicks and scratches on their cockpit canopy!?!?!!? :D

#6 Iskareot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 433 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNW,IN

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

Mine is fired for this {Scrap} I tell you that... :D :lol: :ph34r: :unsure: :blink: :unsure: :wacko:

#7 Oinkage

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Perhaps there will be a windex consumable/module you can purchase each match for MC. Then you can put your l33t decals on your windows for more MC. Personally, I'm looking forward to the little mech decals so I can put my little mech family on my window for all to see. Everyone should know I have a little mech family. They care right?...

#8 Reitrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 January 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Without a good quality video card how could one possibly enjoy all the nicks and scratches on their cockpit canopy!?!?!!? :D

I'm running an R9 290X ... FPS still dips to 30 randomly... Maybe MWO just hates GPUs that are not nVidia ._.

#9 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:38 AM

It seems more like deep scratches than actual dirt to me. It would be pretty hard to buff scratches out of glass that is tough enough to take AC20 hits also.

#10 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:40 AM

I might have to fire my mech mechanic but after I have some flamers installed first, and maybe a tank.
Piranha games sell piranhas also don't they?

#11 KnowBuddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostOinkage, on 22 January 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Perhaps there will be a windex consumable/module you can purchase each match for MC. Then you can put your l33t decals on your windows for more MC. Personally, I'm looking forward to the little mech decals so I can put my little mech family on my window for all to see. Everyone should know I have a little mech family. They care right?...

Your local Stalker pilot supports little-mech-family decals. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

#12 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

What can you really expect from a Mechlab Technician? He won't take the time to calibrate the monitors in the cockpit ("No Signal"), so we can't expect him to take the time and wipe down the cockpit glass? Hell, we're lucky the mech even gets reloaded and repaired. He must belong to the best union in the galaxy, I'm a bit jealous.

#13 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

Posted Image

your in a fish tank not a cockpit

#14 Effectz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 349 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

Posted Image

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 January 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

because you have been cheap and haven't been tipping your Astech well?

Nonsense John!

That is a good spin to make one laugh!

#16 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

I kept asking my mechanic to just replace the glass with armour and cameras, but for some reason he refused and said that if he did so, my Mech would have no obvious weak points which would be unfair. What a jerk!

#17 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

Coming soon: Advanced Windscreen Wiper/Washers. A steal at only 6 million CBills per module.

#18 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Lol yes I could imagine after the battle the windscreen might get stuff on it, but before the battle starts?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users