Cockpit Glass: Problems.

7 replies to this topic

#1 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

Last night I noticed some thing with cockpit glass that rather than adding immersion took it away.

First is that it seemed as though even when my back was to the light source I had significant glare on my glass.

Secondly when I was underground in the tunnel on forest colony, I still couldn't see anything because of the glare on my glass.

If immersion was the goal then cockpit glass isn't ready for prime time.

Minor gripes.

I'm standing on Caustic Valley and I can see that it's raining. but as I run at 100KPH no rain hits my windows.

Playing on Frozen City my mech cockpit seems to have a pretty good defroster because the glass shows no frost whatsoever. Seems like cockpits would be absolutely lit up in heat vision if this were the case.

I'll work on collecting screenshots tonight but what have you noticed about glass, and what screenshots do you have showing how it doesn't meet your expectations?

#2 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

From what I have seen it is a start and of coarse is not the final product. I like it so far and cannot wait for more features to come.

#3 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

From what I understand, dynamic cockpit glass effects are in the "coming soon" queue

#4 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

A real problem with Cockpit glass is that it is triggering Motion Sickness and Headaches the same way that an improper FoV angle can. Some people are more sensitive to it than others and there is plenty of documentation on the internet of this being a very real issue that affects very real people with reasoning as to why it happens.

Having it is nice but there needs to be an option to turn it off just like there is always a need for the FoV to be able to be changed and Motion Blur turned off on PC games. Otherwise the game is physically painful to play for some people.

#5 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostHammerSwarm, on 22 January 2014 - 01:39 PM, said:

Playing on Frozen City my mech cockpit seems to have a pretty good defroster because the glass shows no frost whatsoever. Seems like cockpits would be absolutely lit up in heat vision if this were the case.

Regarding this bit, considering how hot a mech cockpit tends to be even just when operating normally (without intensive weapons fire), I imagine that frost on the cockpit glass would happen only if a mech were shut down for quite a while, and would be effectively impossible if the reactor were even in idle mode.

#6 Bigg Robb

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

LOL new puke in the cockpit effect.

#7 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

I find the effect particularly distracting when moving from shadowed areas to lighted areas. I'd rather not have to turn my graphics settings to low to get rid of this unwanted effect.

#8 Bigg Robb

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

For more immersion, how bout my computer bursts into flames when my Mech explodes?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users