Remove Rewards When Dc'd

14 replies to this topic

#1 Sembrin

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

Pretty simply really. MWO seems to be plagued by these bots who join a match and DC instantly, so they can get easy cash. I wouldn't really care except it actually affects teams' ability to win matches.

I know the first retort will be "but I DC'd and I'm not a bot!" Yeah, no doubt this happens. And it sucks. But if you don't contribute, then... hey, sorry. Not to be a negative nancy, but if you legitmately DC enough to actually care about how this will effect you, perhaps you need another game more friendly to your connection.

Of course another feature I'd love to see is DC'd players being replaced by another person, but hey, why get greedy.

#2 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:52 AM

I am pretty sure this is already the case.

#3 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

If a player disconect ingame then no, I would not like new players to replace him. If a player disconect while in the "lobby", then yes.

When you disconect from a game, you are still revarded, this has not yet been fixed.

Posting this might be against regulations, if so, admins feel free to edit my post. But this is a issue of some importance, so I would rather have you fix the exploit, rather than deleting this post.

I just did a test to gather acurate data for this post, and deplyed my raven to a game quiting instantly. Before the game I had 2.962.699CB, and when the game ended I had 2.987.699. For those not good at match, I just earned 25.000 CB without doing anything.

If you play an avarage round doing 476dmg, killing 2 enemies and dies after 6 minutes, you earn 95.000. (yes I did a test) I think this is an representative round, and in my experience most players does less that this on average, but correct me If I'm wrong. I see no point in posting earnings for 900+dmg 5+ kill rounds as most players will not manage to do this.

Now, let's say I use about 30 sec to connect to and disconnect from a game. I have 23 mechs available to me, that's 11.5 minutes to deploy all of them. That's 575.000 CB. This equals about 300.000CB in 6 minutes.

So, by CB-harvesting rather than playing the game, I earn 205.000CB "per round" (6 minutes in this case).

This is not exact science, and many things comes to play, and no two rounds are the same. But still this is not how it should be.

I'm not sure where to draw the line on this one, but I agrea that CB-harvest by disconect should not be possible. How ever, If I leave ingame for some unexpected reason, I would like some revard for what I've done. A 1 minute limit after game starts might be a little more discuraging for the CB harvesters.

Also, if a player disconect, he should be able to reconect as long as the mech is not destroyed.

And yeah, I'm not english, dont have word to help me write correct, and I'm tired...

Edit:
Did a new test to see how well you must play to better the CB-Harvesting. A win on scirmish, 786dmg, 3 kills and 8 assist, survived, and got about 150.000CB. Now, to get another 50.000CB I guess I'd have to deal a lot more damage. 791dmg, 1 kill 4 assist, death and loosing the match only gives just below 95.000.

I've done almost 1200dmg earlier, but I dont know how much CB it earned me, and I was unable to reproduce tonight. Anyone done about the same and remember the pay off?

Is it even possible to earn more than by CB-Harvesting?

Edited by Serpentbane, 25 January 2014 - 01:41 AM.

#4 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:39 AM

Dusted my stalker for a quick high damage test, and noticed upping the damage from 786 til 904, making 2 kills and 8 assists, with a win, only gave 150.000 also.

200.000dmg = 1 kill in C-Bill payoff? Is there a list of what we get for each kill, dmg, component destruction etc?

#5 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

Are the majority of Disco's actually farmers? I'm all for 0 rewards for disco's during the countdown but not a fan of punishing the masses for the sake of a few.

Being that disco'ing only drops you from a match and not the game itself it stands to reason that PGI can probably trace who is a disco farmer and who is not. If PGI has not taken action and implemented 0 rewards I would have to assume that disco farmers do not make up the grand majority of disco's overall.

Of course it's just speculation but still.

#6 SilverStarDragon

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn your mech's blind spot

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

Something we could try/suggest would be the 0 reward idea but only effective for first 2 min of the game. This way the game has a chance to get stared and if you die in under 2 minutes, either you rushed into battle (a bit carelessly) or disconnected. But it also allows contributors to the team who died early to leave/move on with a fair reward.
Perhaps that would discourage the c-bill "farming" as it would limit how many drops you could make/c-bills earned?

#7 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostSerpentbane, on 23 January 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

I've done almost 1200dmg earlier, but I dont know how much CB it earned me, and I was unable to reproduce tonight. Anyone done about the same and remember the pay off?

You get 21 cbills for each point of damage. So 25,200 cbills.

#8 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

@Tangelis
None of us would know, but I see the same ppl disconect a lot.

Even so, if the problem is small or big, a 1 to 2 minute no salvage limit does not harm anyone, but prevents this problem. And I can notimagine it being a huge effort to implement.

@Sug
Ah, thnx for the info...

EDIT: For some reason quotes did not work.

Edited by Serpentbane, 05 February 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#9 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostSerpentbane, on 05 February 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

@Tangelis
None of us would know, but I see the same ppl disconect a lot.

Even so, if the problem is small or big, a 1 to 2 minute no salvage limit does not harm anyone, but prevents this problem. And I can notimagine it being a huge effort to implement.

@Sug
Ah, thnx for the info...

EDIT: For some reason quotes did not work.

Click the light switch on the top left corner of the of the reply box, and you should be able to quote again.

#10 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostBilbo, on 05 February 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Click the light switch on the top left corner of the of the reply box, and you should be able to quote again.

Trying...

Ah, thnx :P

Edited by Serpentbane, 07 February 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#11 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Depends on when they DC. There are players who get legitimately DC'd because of tech difficulties. (I've gotten to where I keep a list and at the end of teh day will turn in the list of all who DC'd at the beginning of the match. PGI can look at it and see if they just "magically" DC on certain maps, repeatedly, etc. and dole out punishment as they see fit)

#12 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostSerpentbane, on 23 January 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

When you disconect from a game, you are still revarded, this has not yet been fixed.
My understanding was that if you dc'd before you died and before the game ended, you are still rewarded but only with what you have earned (kills, damage, component desctruction) and any further assists, or the end-game bonuses, you do not earn.

People who "DC" at the start of the match haven't even done anything and thus they shouldn't be rewarded any c-bils, win or lose. Can you confirm that is not the case?

#13 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 07 February 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

My understanding was that if you dc'd before you died and before the game ended, you are still rewarded but only with what you have earned (kills, damage, component desctruction) and any further assists, or the end-game bonuses, you do not earn.

People who "DC" at the start of the match haven't even done anything and thus they shouldn't be rewarded any c-bils, win or lose. Can you confirm that is not the case?

This is my understanding as well. If you DC or quit the match you do not earn anything more from that point forward for assists and such.

#14 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

The last I heard, a disconnect gets whatever rewards he earned up to the point when he disconnected. That means he will never get resource rewards, salvage, win bonus, etc. I don't know if he would get assist credit for a post-disconnect kill that happened on a target he was shooting before he dropped.

#15 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 07 February 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

View PostSandpit, on 07 February 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

This is my understanding as well. If you DC or quit the match you do not earn anything more from that point forward for assists and such.

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 07 February 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

The last I heard, a disconnect gets whatever rewards he earned up to the point when he disconnected. That means he will never get resource rewards, salvage, win bonus, etc. I don't know if he would get assist credit for a post-disconnect kill that happened on a target he was shooting before he dropped.

As you can read at the top of this thread I did some test at the start of january, and I did earn enough CB for it to be more lucurative for me to deploy all my mechs and quit rather than to play the game. In that case it does not matter what I'm getting payed for, as long as I'm getting payed. This is, unless things have been altered since january.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users