Ch Pro Pedals And A Bunny Hopping Victor

4 replies to this topic

#1 JarheadEd

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

I have been tinkering around with my X-52 in MWO, My goal was to use the throttle, as a throttle, with the mouse and have my CH pedals as turn left and right. I assigned the appropriate axis's and it worked as well as could be expected. I then assigned the toe brake axis to my jump jets, but this is what I get. As long as the mech is in a walk animation, nothing happens, but if I am standing still,..it bunny hops.

http://youtu.be/KIKKaf9iLSo

#2 DaddyP1G

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

it has to register the toe brake as a press and hold for it to work. No idea why its not, but that is why you are getting the hopping effect. Good news is you can use it to climb hills easy :D

#3 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

You need to get CMS to generate a sustained keypress and not just pulse the spacebar. If it is sustaining a keypress already and it behaves like this then it's not doing it long enough for each keystroke event for MWO to recognize it as a sustained keypress.

Make sure the keypresses are at least 50ms long and don't have more than 50ms delay between them...

#4 JarheadEd

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Sweet. I will have to take that for action this weekend, once I get back to my gaming system.

#5 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

For a giggle, try out my Analog Jumpjets script.
Would allow you to vary the rate at which jumpjets fire by using the toe pedals.
Strobing the jumpjets is useful for climbing hills or getting a longer, flatter jump...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users