Bring Back The Cn9-Ah!

320 replies to this topic

#101 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

My new -A is lonely, and would love to have an - AH to get drunk with.

#102 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

If they put the AH back in, I'd buy mechbays and buy all the cents so they could have a party with all my hunchies....

#103 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

Bump for justice!

CN9-AH FOREVER!

#104 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

Medium vs. The World without the -AH.

It's enough to give me a sad.

#105 Voidsinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostBagheera, on 28 February 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Medium vs. The World without the -AH.

It's enough to give me a sad.

Actually, all this medium mech activity is about weight balancing.

With a free Centurion out there, a medium challenge, and PGI usually trying to lift interest before an event related to the mech mass, maybe they'll announce the return of the AH with the DX11 patch!

I can dream.

#freeCN9-AH

#106 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus asking PGI to swallow their pride, introduce a new variant for an existing mech for the first time since Closed Beta (remember when new Jenners, Atlai, and I think Raven variants were introduced in patches? I do...so does peppridge farm probably...) and give us the Cent -AH. Heck, make a champion variant first, sell it for MC for a fortnight, and double down on the real monies!

#107 Gryphorim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

+1 for -AH Cent. My suggestion, although it has been shot down by Voidsinger (as it does mess with lore timeline, apparently), is to announce the return of the -AH with the upgrading of the Yen-Lo to the mk2 model (with a gauss in the arm, lower arm actuator back in, and an additional 2 MLAS in the off-hand. Then gift the owners of the YLW a free -AH (with unique pattern) when the YLW is upgraded on their account. All new purchases of YLW will be for the YLW2.

#108 Malu23

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:31 AM

Hi, I'm a MWO noob (around 100 matches I think) and I also got that free Cn9-A©.
Now that I begin to know what I'm doing, I very much enjoy that Mech.
I also would very much like to play the AH variant, it sounds very interesting.
With the finite ammo you really have to make your shots count.
I wasn't there when the Mech was taken out of the game, but I'm all for bringing it back.
So PGI, why don't you do us Centurion fans a good one and bring back this actually quite
unique variant (for it's ammo dependency).

On another note, I like the spirit of this threat, in other forums this request/discussion threat would have been so much more angry and unreasonable, actually hurting the cause. Not here.

#109 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostMonky, on 25 January 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

There was no reason to remove it in the first place, it's a legit variant, it was fully functional, they just wanted to sell Wangs.

Well, that ship has sailed, so let's have it back please?

Admit it, you'd sell your Wang for money if people were interested.

Thing about this thread is its self defeating.

I own a Yen-lo so a AH is going to get PGI another MC sale so I could purchase it.

The yen-lo still sells in sales

Clearly there is a fair number of people that don't own a Yen that want an ac20 build cent, by the amount of support, the idea is getting. Which from a pure business sense suggest people might still cave and buy a Yen-lo so there is zero incentive to make it available as a c-bill option.

Now if you try suggesting a Champion MC AH , the 'dragons' eye might open at the thought of more gold.

Sure I know my idea isn't going to be the most popular, idea, but I'd probably go with this option as an Ac20 srm build would be a nice option.

#110 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

in the early years of MWO would you believe there was hardly any hero mechs, the YLW flame fang and ila were the only ones for a while.

you could understand pgi being protective but now when we have heros and champs a plenty what's the harm with bringing back this old gem.

ahhhhhhhhhh we need you back!

#111 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostGryphorim, on 02 March 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

+1 for -AH Cent. My suggestion, although it has been shot down by Voidsinger (as it does mess with lore timeline, apparently), is to announce the return of the -AH with the upgrading of the Yen-Lo to the mk2 model (with a gauss in the arm, lower arm actuator back in, and an additional 2 MLAS in the off-hand. Then gift the owners of the YLW a free -AH (with unique pattern) when the YLW is upgraded on their account. All new purchases of YLW will be for the YLW2.

Every bank manager just had a feeling of pure fear travel up their spine at the thought of 'FREE'

You said the word all economist must not hear, Heretic !

#112 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

View PostCathy, on 02 March 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

Admit it, you'd sell your Wang for money if people were interested.

I own a Yen-lo so a AH is going to get PGI another MC sale so I could purchase it.

The yen-lo still sells in sales

Clearly there is a fair number of people that don't own a Yen that want an ac20 build cent, by the amount of support, the idea is getting. Which from a pure business sense suggest people might still cave and buy a Yen-lo so there is zero incentive to make it available as a c-bill option.

Now if you try suggesting a Champion MC AH , the 'dragons' eye might open at the thought of more gold.

Sure I know my idea isn't going to be the most popular, idea, but I'd probably go with this option as an Ac20 srm build would be a nice option.

I Was suggesting a Champion variant be released a fortnight or a month in advance of the c-bill one. That would surely net some monies.

#113 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

View PostCathy, on 02 March 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

Already stated earlier the money I am willing to spend upon the -AH's return. None of that money will ever go to buying a YLW.

#114 Voidsinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:00 AM

View PostAym, on 05 March 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

I Was suggesting a Champion variant be released a fortnight or a month in advance of the c-bill one. That would surely net some monies.

Wouldn't work, since there is a Centurion champion already. Lots of other medium chassis lined up for champions first.

Perhaps releasing the for MC a week or two early might be a better alternative.

#115 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

How many topics do we need - till the AH find its way back - to us, to ME.... the magic of the "first blood" will ever bound me to that Mech

#116 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:06 AM

Have the Devs mentioned anything about this in that twitter thing i don't use or the NGNG that i don't listen to?

#117 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 06 March 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

Have the Devs mentioned anything about this in that twitter thing i don't use or the NGNG that i don't listen to?

they will never listen to a vocal minority on an island -

#118 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

Posted Image

#119 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

While I never particularly liked it compared to the other Cents, the AH was an interesting challenge to pilot. Being completely ammo dependent and relatively slow it force a more measured approach to combat. Taught its pilots to make every shot count.

#120 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 06 March 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

While I never particularly liked it compared to the other Cents, the AH was an interesting challenge to pilot. Being completely ammo dependent and relatively slow it force a more measured approach to combat. Taught its pilots to make every shot count.

I actually had great success using a SHD-2D2 along much the same lines as the -AH (of course, the Shaq can jump, unlike white boy Cent). Ballistic + missile is a powerful combination, powerful enough that you can run out of opponents before you run out of ammo.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users