#21 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

View PostNRP, on 27 January 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

No one gets "dumber" by playing the game a while. To suggest otherwise is simply condescending arrogance.

If the OP is doing better now than when he started, he clearly got better. Why would he assume he is any different than any other player?

You should watch Fox news for reference to how watching something can make you dumber. Im just happy that we dont have that particular "news" station here... although we are definitely not lacking in low IQ stations :( .

@OP:
As for the reason why you may be getting easier games is because the Elo of your opponents back then has changed and you stayed in a low Elo bracket with new and less experienced players starting to play. As ones Elo is not known, this is however just a guess though.

#22 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostKhobai, on 27 January 2014 - 05:05 AM, said:

Player field has gotten dumber.

PGI changing the spawn locations to split teams up proves just how dumb players really are.

Its amazing how often you see lances that refuse to reform the deathball with the rest of their team and just go off on their own and die.

Indeed... so true.
I'm asking myself how many times must this "rambo lances" die until they learn and understand the meaning of teamwork....

#23 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

I have no idea. I played for PGI beta testing as my priority up until a few months ago. It didn't fix the Awesome. I told them DHS 1.4 makes MWO GunWarrior, and it's even more so now with Heat Scale, which I also told them not to do. Told them the Gauss desync was a "BFG 6000" 1st-person-Shooter styled nerf and didn't belong on a mech. They did it anyway. So my stats from this time were pretty abysmal, since I was trying to test what didn't work.

Since I started playing to win matches with best configs I can think of, I have been winning 70-80% with a 4 to 1 K/D ratio, top player sometimes. I think ELO is looking at my Beta Test stats though and placing me at lower skill level. (which I don't mind!) :)

Edited by Lightfoot, 29 January 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#24 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostSnowhawk, on 28 January 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

Indeed... so true.
I'm asking myself how many times must this "rambo lances" die until they learn and understand the meaning of teamwork....

That or the "ranbo lance" is on teamspeak and sick of pugs clumped up at some obvious choke point then trapping them so they can't maneuver out of arty spam.

Just like pimpin, flankin aint easy.

Edited by lockwoodx, 29 January 2014 - 01:35 PM.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users