I Only Have One Hand

28 replies to this topic

#21 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostShadelen, on 28 January 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

I seriously despise I cant play many games.I really would like some possible solutions to playing with my right hand.I have tried my joystick and I cant get it sensitive enough for turning.

I'd recommend:

- Rudder pedals. Saitek Rudder pedals, or Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, depending on how you like your feet positioned. CH Products pedals also have a good reputation, if you don't mind the pedals being spaced closer together.
- A good gaming mouse that has as many buttons as you think you can manage and reliably operate under stress. The Logitech G600 has a lot of buttons, but they may not meet your preference on button size or placement.
- A voice command program. There is more than one out there aimed at use with gaming.
- Also consider using some decent scripting capabilities. You could roll your own with AutoHotkey, or save yourself a lot of work by checking out evilC's stuff:

http://mwomercs.com/...dhd-22-5th-jan/

http://mwomercs.com/...-10th-dec-2013/

http://mwomercs.com/...ks/page__st__40

#22 Crushus

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHeidelberg, Germany

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

Maybe this mouse is an option, as it has a small analog joystick for your thumb on its side:

http://www.legitrevi...use-review_2109

#23 Hexcaliber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

I too can recommend the trackir, owning one myself I find it indispensable in many games and after reading the suggestion earlier in the thread set it up for mouse emulation. I mapped functions to a nostromo controller and hooked up my Saitek pedals. Within 10 minutes in a traning room tweaking settings I was able to control all movement with the trackir and pedals, leaving one hand free for the additional controls on the nostromo like weapons groups, view modes etc.

It did feel a little awkward, but nothing I could not get used to.

#24 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

im using a thrustmaster hall effect joystick http://www.thrustmas...roducts/t16000m i just saw it on sale today at microcenter around $30 its more accurate then the plug and play tflight hotas x,im using the t16000 with just the throttle of the tflight.

#25 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

Cool story bro

#26 K1Com

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

manticrap u think because u have premium u are better than other ppl get a life poor guy

Edited by K1Com, 01 February 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#27 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

View Postrolly, on 29 January 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

I would NOT recommend buying this mouse. Its the same manufacturer as my RAT3. This new mouse was bought as a gift and within 3 months of standard mmorpg use the optics died. I tried every trick in the book to get it work and there are forums of users having the same problem. Finally the manufacturer consented to replace it. Ironically my $5.00 Logitech mouse is lasting longer than the fancy mouse.

Yeah I can't think of a logitech mouse that totally died on me, Just kept getting replaced by newer models I bought. Worst I ever had happen to one was the scroll wheel skipping on one indent after about 3 years of use.

My R.A.T. on the other hand, has all sorts of issues with the buttons double clicking on a single click. First the left button, then one of the thumb buttons. EDIT (the issues started when it was only a couple of months old)

....I'm going back to Logitech. One mouse with a minor issue after three years and at least several others without issue....its a pretty great track record.

Edited by TB Freelancer, 01 February 2014 - 05:04 PM.

#28 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

Just to add to this:
I would say that the best solution (ie the one that hinders you least compared to people with two hands) would be to use your feet to control the legs (steering) and regular (mouse) controls otherwise.

The mouse wheel or one of the side buttons would probably work OK for throttle control.

If you need any help setting these up, drop me a line. I have a G700 too, and a huge amount of experience of writing macros to customize controls.

Edited by evilC, 04 February 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#29 Shadelen

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

Sorry on the never replying.But I have been actively playing.Granted also taking a lot of time to do therapy with my hand right now.My mouse has effectively been doing everything I need.But right now been taking other small breaks because in general im really losing any confidence in pgi for this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users