32 replies to this topic

#1 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

I can't seem to find em in the mechlab. Have I overlooked something or...?

#2 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

Streak SRM 6 are clan technology, and currently unavailable in game. The closest equivalent currently in game would be using 3 streak srm 2's.

#3 Konril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:58 AM

Probably not.

Standard unguided short-range missiles (SRMs) come with launcher sizes in 2 tube, 4 tube, and 6 tubes. However the guided Streak version only comes in a 2 tube version. So at present, if you want to use guided Streak SRMs, your only option is to just use multiple 2-tube launchers.

I suspect we will see Streak SRM 4 and SRM 6 launchers eventually (the Clans have them). But for now they're still "in development."

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

Clan technology will not be available to the Inner Sphere.

Streak SRM-6s will be available exclusively to the Clans which are coming in July.

It's worth noting that Streak 6 is stated to fire missiles "one or two at a time in series."

Other than weight and heat and only taking one hardpoint instead of 3, it will not be superior to having 3 Streak-SRM 2s in the Inner Sphere.

#5 BillHones

• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 77 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

Exactly those two post above. I refer to the amount of srms on my mech as one number. I may have two srm4 and two srm6 and refer to it as a srm20. Or three ssrm2 and refer to it as a ssrm6. Perhaps in chat or somewhere someone said something similar. That's a some3 btw... lol

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

Note: "is stated" refers to PGI stating it rather than lore, to avoid confusion for anyone who keep up with my posts.

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

Actually a SSRM6 that fires sequentially sounds like fun.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 02 February 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

I agree. I'd really like all missiles to fire like that, but then we'd get some tears.

#9 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 02 February 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Weirdly, yeah, that sounds pretty cool. Like a streak in a NARC tube writ large.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 02 February 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

Weirdly, yeah, that sounds pretty cool. Like a streak in a NARC tube writ large.

My only available vids here.
Trebuchet 7k's twin tube launcher. Trollbuchet and cannon + streaks
The first video LRM 20 single tube launcher vid on youtube. Great only for the first minute but priceless with the bugle.

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostKoniving, on 02 February 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

The first video LRM 20 single tube launcher vid on youtube. Great only for the first minute but priceless with the bugle.

That is...glorious. PLEASE let that be what War Horns do. :)

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 02 February 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

That is...glorious. PLEASE let that be what War Horns do. :)

Truth be told I've been depressed because that person quit MWO a long, long time ago and unfortunately, I haven't heard the great Bugle ever since. Hope someone gets ahold of one that can play over teamspeak soon and joins the Zhizhu Merc Corp. (Btw! There was one more vid with the warhorn. Unrelated though. AC/40 Catapults in the days of slow mechs. Charge sounds between 3:30 and 3:50)

Though for LRMs, maybe a faster firing in series. Just want to avoid that really dull "all at once with no life to them random ball of light' we have going now. But definitely yeah, streaks in a series of 2 would be pretty neat. 2, 2, 2 boom boom boom.

Edited by Koniving, 02 February 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#13 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostKoniving, on 02 February 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Truth be told I've been depressed because that person quit MWO a long, long time ago and unfortunately, I haven't heard the great Bugle ever since. Hope someone gets ahold of one that can play over teamspeak soon and joins the Zhizhu Merc Corp.

Aw. That is too bad, though it makes the video even better. I figured it was you.

#14 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

It's more or less been covered already, but the Inner Sphere SSRM6 won't be available for a while. PGI is introducing older technology first and they'll be introducing newer technology later. For now, only Inner Sphere weapons from 3051 or earlier are available and clan tech will be coming later this year. Once current clan tech is done, I'm guessing that they'll start looking into some of the newer stuff (such as Inner Sphere SSRM6s).

If you're curious about whether or not a particular mech or piece of equipment might be available soon, you can look up the year that it was produced on sarna.net. For example, clan SSRM6s became available in 2826, but Inner Sphere SSRM6s aren't available until 3058 (we're on 3051 right now, though we won't have to wait the full 7 years for 3058 stuff).

Edited by Metafox, 02 February 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#15 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostKoniving, on 02 February 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

Clan technology will not be available to the Inner Sphere.

Streak SRM-6s will be available exclusively to the Clans which are coming in July.

It's worth noting that Streak 6 is stated to fire missiles "one or two at a time in series."

Other than weight and heat and only taking one hardpoint instead of 3, it will not be superior to having 3 Streak-SRM 2s in the Inner Sphere.

Your word is good, but I would love to see the source since I think I missed it.....

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 02 February 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

Your word is good, but I would love to see the source since I think I missed it.....

http://mwomercs.com/...gn-perspective/

e.g. 2 – Streak SRMs
Inner Sphere Tech:
Always hit as long as the target is locked.
Fires 2 missiles dealing 2.5 damage each (total of 5 damage)
Clan Tech:
Always hit as long as the target is locked.
Fires 2, 4 or 6 missiles dealing 2.5 damage each (total of 5, 10, 15 damage respectively)
As you can see, this is a much bigger conundrum than changing some numbers like the previous section. This is where we may step out of the comfort zone that some players might not like to make sure we don’t bring in heavily overpowered missile launchers.

The following will probably be applied to this weapon:

Allow only 2 projectiles to leave the launcher at any given time. SSRM-4 will fire 2 volleys of 2 missiles. SRM-6 will fire 3 volleys of 2 missiles. This will stagger the incoming missiles allowing AMS to take down more if the targeted Mech has AMS.

Increase the cooldown period of refire on the larger launchers and allow the above staggered shots to happen during this time.
So again, the flavor/feel of the weapon is still there, it’s just going to require better trigger timing and the hope that AMS will not deter your volleys too much assuming that the enemy has AMS to begin with. An additional side effect is that people will be more inclined to carry AMS on their BattleMechs and at the same time, these bigger launchers will need more ammunition to counter the AMS effect.

Ze bold.

Edited by Koniving, 02 February 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#17 BaconTWOfourACTUAL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostKoniving, on 02 February 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

My only available vids here.
Trebuchet 7k's twin tube launcher. Trollbuchet and cannon + streaks

**Bacon reaches back over his right shoulder.... flipping on a switch and depressing a button... he reaches down into his leg armor, pulling out an old disc.... sliding it into the scrap reader he found last month.... Pressing the triangle...**

**Depressing the radio**

"BaconTWOfourACTUAL, reports ready for contact. Weapons hot"

Edited by BaconTWOfourACTUAL, 02 February 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#18 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Well thanks for the MWO schooling, all -_-

My only gripe with being limited to SSRM2 is that with only one MSL hardpoint in the mech I pilot, I'd be limited to shooting only 2 of those streaks at a time.
I was hoping for SSRM6 because then when I use em against targets with AMS at least a few will through. I'm under the impression that AMS will take out both of those missiles :blink:

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

A mech with 1 hardpoint for missiles... so few of them exist.

Commando 1B, Raven 2X / 4X, or Dragon? Truth be told I don't even put missiles on Dragons. For the 1B a streak is good. But the 2X and 4X if I use the missile hardpoints at all I usually use an SRM-4.

Oh wait, there's a Quickdraw with only 1. Totally didn't know that; it's the only one I don't have.

Wait. Boar's Head and Atlas K too.

Edited by Koniving, 02 February 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#20 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

it might depending on the range involved. However take heart, fewer and fewer players mount AMS anymore, preferring to use that 1.5 tons on other things.

EDIT and one of the cataphacts have a single missile mount in the head iirc.

Edited by Tyrnea Smurf, 02 February 2014 - 07:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users