_-* Most Disappointing Games *-_

160 replies to this topic

#61 mecheze

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

Command and Conquer : Red Alert 3 disappointed me a little bit. Also Dragon Age 2 fits the description.

#62 Technocide Rex

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWherever the battle is

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

Easy. Mechassault. Poor copy of MW with lousy customization, online play, and controls.

#63 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Gears of War, for more than one reason, plus the reason of "just because." The gamer in me just didn't click with it.

Red Alert 3 was also a disappointment to me, as was Tiberian Sun. Command & Conquer 3 was awesome, though.

#64 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationStrike Cruiser: "Fury of Descent"

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

View PostTechnocide Rex, on 15 December 2011 - 02:24 PM, said:

Easy. Mechassault. Poor copy of MW with lousy customization, online play, and controls.

It sounds like you didn't understand Mechassault if you thought it was trying to copy MW.

Mechassault was just a different game, just like mechwarrior is a different game from the Battletech table top.

#65 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

Alien versus Predator (2010)
Front Mission Evolved
Warhammer 40.000: Space Marine
Sword of the Stars II (not the game itself, the status it was released...)
Fallout 3

List can be enlarged with many more "premium" titles which turn out to be crap (yeah I look at you call of duties)

#66 Trogusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 314 posts
  • LocationKrogan homeworld of Tuchanka. Wait, different universe.

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

Sonic the Hedgehog. This game was supposed to be the reboot of one of the more entertaining franchises in gaming history. Instead, Sonic Team gives us a horrendous amount of glitchy terrain, another repetitive storyline that makes little effort at clarification, and strange human-animal love.

Halo: Reach. Mind you, the game itself was masterfully made. The graphics and ingame engine received a nice tuneup, the characters and storyline were well polished, and the experience of "fight to the bitter end" was surprisingly fun. Matchmaking and online play didn't stray much from the nest, aside from the return of Firefight. Everything was great, until you realize 90% of the online maps were DLC not included in the 60 bucks you put into the game. What's more, your so-called "upgrades" from the armory were purely cosmetic. Good to know you can at least play dress up with your armored Ken doll. Although a great game, I found the prequel to be more of a moneymaking ploy with some cute add-ons.

And finally, the Madden/NCAA football games, as a whole. What happened to the seemingly endless customization? I remember in NCAA 06 when you could create your own team, give em a stadium fit to your specifications, even make your own super fan to humor you from the sidelines! Now, the best you get is a game that offers a couple of "new" minigames that were featured in the edition from three years ago, no customization aside from editing player attributes, and a Dynasty mode that caters only Ohio State, Oklahoma, and the Southern Conference teams, regardless of how crappy a season (or how great teams like Stanford, Boise State, or Oregon) may have had in real life. The graphics haven't changed in five years either. Overall, the EA sports games seem to have become nothing more than a way to make some annual money off sports enthusiasts.

I did not really mind the MA games. The intent of the series wasn't meant to continue the BT franchise, or even the Mechwarrior franchise at that. MA was all about grabbing a new audience and making a fun, arcade-style game centering the giant war machines we all know and love. Diehard Mech fans are understandably upset with these games, but what they don't realize is that it wasn't really meant for them. Mechwarrior almost entirely lacks a 20- age group, and I thought Mechassault was a great way to bring new fans into the seemingly cryptic, rulesy world of Battletech.

Although the stated games not entirely relevant to present company, I felt the need to troll regardless. After all, that is what this thread is about :)

Edited by Lord Trogus, 16 December 2011 - 12:43 AM.

#67 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

Didn't like any of the halo games, and dont understand the hype it caused Oo

#68 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

View PostLord Trogus, on 15 December 2011 - 08:49 PM, said:

Sonic the Hedgehog. This game was supposed to be the reboot of one of the more entertaining franchises in gaming history. Instead, Sonic Team gives us a horrendous amount of glitchy terrain, another repetitive storyline that makes little effort at clarification, and ***********.

Sonic the Hedgehog(2006) or just Sonic '06 as it's called colloquially on the SEGA forum, marks the beginning of the "Sonic Cycle" which SEGA has yet to break free from. It also marks the beginning of the end of the "Sonic Adventure" style gameplay, and thus ending the "Adventure era."

For most Sonic fans, it is something of an antichrist. It represented everyone's hopes and dreams, but fell short by several miles.

Edited by Miles Tails Prower, 15 December 2011 - 09:22 PM.

#69 Trogusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 314 posts
  • LocationKrogan homeworld of Tuchanka. Wait, different universe.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

View PostMiles Tails Prower, on 15 December 2011 - 09:20 PM, said:

For most Sonic fans, it is something of an antichrist. It represented everyone's hopes and dreams, but fell short by several miles.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Edited by Lord Trogus, 16 December 2011 - 12:43 AM.

#70 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

-Dragon Age 2
I played and tweaked Dragon Age 1 a lot. Loved it realy realy hard. Have all DLCs
Was absolutely excited when DA 2 was announced. Then it came out........
You know one time a girl accidently kicked me in the nu*** when we were dancing.
When DA2 came out i wished she would do it again.
Repeatedly.
With steel caps.
I never saw a fan comunity beeing dumped this hard by a developer before.
*shivers*

-StarCraft 2
Its not the game itselve. Nice Graphics. Gameplay is ok. But seriously, NO LAN ?!?!!!
And the singleplayer campain.....First i thought somehow i got a game where some part is missing.

Edited by The Basilisk, 16 December 2011 - 01:31 AM.

#71 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:22 AM

most disappointing games:
Descent4
Starcraft: Ghost
Portal 3
Mechwarrior 5
etc.

#72 Schnuffs

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCarver V

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:48 AM

View PostBasch, on 11 December 2011 - 09:59 PM, said:

Skyrim, was hopeing for "amazing" but what i got made me feel like a second rate gamer, like im less important because i have a nice PC. when the mod community did try to fix it bhesda stomped their teeth in by undoing their fixes with their own "FIX"....now my dragons fly backwards smash in to invisable walls and fly though mountins...and i still get 1 shot by every thing.

C&C4 no explination needed.
also i found out this morning that EA gave biowear the go ahead on Generals 2...im adding that to my let down list.
Dragon age 2, COD-all of them(P2P? realy?)theirs more but im leaving it at that for now.

^This, I had such high hopes for Skyrim only to be blown back not by awesomeness but by aggravation. It's nothing but a dumbed down version of Oblivion. The only thing that is going to save this game is the creation kit which is supposed to come out in january.

View PostAndar89, on 15 December 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Alien versus Predator (2010)
Front Mission Evolved
Warhammer 40.000: Space Marine
Sword of the Stars II (not the game itself, the status it was released...)
Fallout 3

List can be enlarged with many more "premium" titles which turn out to be crap (yeah I look at you call of duties)

Did they finally fix SoTS2?

#73 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:57 AM

View PostSchnuffs, on 16 December 2011 - 03:48 AM, said:

^This, I had such high hopes for Skyrim only to be blown back not by awesomeness but by aggravation. It's nothing but a dumbed down version of Oblivion. The only thing that is going to save this game is the creation kit which is supposed to come out in january.

Did they finally fix SoTS2?

nope... so sad

#74 Draelren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 191 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBeaverton, OR

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:26 PM

View Postbuckyballs, on 20 November 2011 - 12:53 PM, said:

Starcraft 2, biggest letdown ever.
Also the reason Blizzard is now dead to me and Diablo 3 can go **** itself for all I care.

Aside from SC2 not having LAN, which really doesn't matter too much as long as you have internet...

What's wrong with it? Seriously.

Great gameplay, great graphics, fun community. Aside from Protoss having to fight hard as hell early game vs Terran... the game is great.

#75 EmyLightsaber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationValhalla, Outworlds Alliance

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:25 AM

Planetside 1. It was both disappointing before and after they shut down the "Free Trial" accounts. Despite the rampant hackers, SONY taking it and flushing it down the tubes after they acquired the rights to it, and the Nearly non-existent or idiotic Customer Service, i.e. waiting 30 minutes or more for a CSR or GM to get on and either ban the person, or say "We did not detect any hacks being used by this person" after the person was clearly using a single shot Bolt Driver to kill 30 people through walls inside a tower.

While I did and still have a lot of fun, Planetside was only fun for me when they released a new patch for it, thereby removing all the players that used the hacks, up to the point that the hacker programs got updated a few days to a week later.

Inner Sphere Wars, yes... that ISW. Not to be hating on those that truly enjoyed it for what it was, such as myself. I luckily was mostly clueless as to what had been going on behind the scenes.

Asheron's Call 2 and it's expansion. I remember getting it, then spending an hour or 2 just running across the terrain (killing monsters), and seeing between 2 or 3 other players that whole time.

Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game. In my opinion, when they bilked you out of more real money to get in game stuff, (and it worked on me,) it was a let down to not get a lot of the stuff that you were expecting.

#76 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

Diakatana! Yeah I'm still holding a grudge. Lately though it's been all these games made for the consols and ported to the PC. Not a single one of them works out of the box!!!

Star Wars: Force Unleashed / Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Not optimized for the PC at all. I spent hours tinkering in the .INI file to get it to play. This is not something the consumer should need to do.

#77 Prince Ian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

Alien Vs Predator, the latest one..

I loved AvP2, so when I heard about the new one coming out, I, of course, pre-ordered it for $90.

I played the marine campaign once, tried the joke of a co-op mode with a mate.

Still have not touched it since.

#78 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

Mega Man X7. Does it even need to be explained?

Fine. You asked for it.

#79 Zanga

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationRefresher training camp on some backwoods planet

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostMiles Tails Prower, on 20 December 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

Mega Man X7. Does it even need to be explained?

Fine. You asked for it.

What the F is that? It seems like you could force people to play against flame hyenard repeatedly as a highly effective form of torture. It would have lasting psycological affects though.

#80 illuminaughty

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Locationvancouver BC

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

star trek online... probably the worst mmo ive ever played.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users