- - - - -

Mech Information Prior To Purchase

8 replies to this topic

#1 Madcat4262

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Hi,
I'm a new player and I was wondering if there was a way to figure out what exactly I'm buying when I buy a mech. I see the stats are available, but what I'm more concerned in seeing is the number of weapon slots that can be used. I can't dig up that information anywhere it seems. Any advice?

#2 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

Smurfy loads up a mech in its default state as it is when you first purchase it. It also shows all the slots and what they can be used for. You can also if so inclined build your mech there first to see what you can fit as well as the cbills it would require to make the adjustments.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

***edited for addition.

Edited by xMEPHISTOx, 04 February 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#3 Itsalrightwithme

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 391 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA, USA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

The standard loadouts are mirrored (albeit unofficially) on this website:
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

Which, by the way, is a great way to try out different configs.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

The old user interface would tell you this information in great detail and even allow you to highlight details to "demonstrate" where they are on the mech.

When buying an Ember, I could find no such thing nor even see the 3D model of the mech. I wasn't pleased.

For now, all I can say is to use the Smurfy site until PGI fixes this.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

The guys beat me to the punch, but I want to add my two cents as an excuse to mention my sig, which contains some tips for collecting some free Premium Time, which wil make it even easier to buy that first mech you need :( No Rookie should go without!

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

View PostKoniving, on 04 February 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

The old user interface would tell you this information in great detail and even allow you to highlight details to "demonstrate" where they are on the mech.

When buying an Ember, I could find no such thing nor even see the 3D model of the mech. I wasn't pleased.

For now, all I can say is to use the Smurfy site until PGI fixes this.

If you click on a mech it will bring up the 3D render, this goes equally for mechs you own and mech you don't.

Mouse-over the mech (in the menu, not the display model) and it gives you a big fancy display of hardpoints, pitch/yaw angles, etc etc. It gives you a lit of number of hardpoints but not their location, unfortunately.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 04 February 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

Helpful instructions.

Depends on where. In the Mechlab owned mechs dropdown switched to purchasable, yes. Tried that later. But I went to the store. In the Store, no. Clicking, hovering, etc., got me nothing.

Most people won't know they can even do the purchasable option.

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostKoniving, on 04 February 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

Depends on where. In the Mechlab owned mechs dropdown switched to purchasable, yes. Tried that later. But I went to the store. In the Store, no. Clicking, hovering, etc., got me nothing.

Most people won't know they can even do the purchasable option.

Yeah I looked at it again, I was so used to using the 'Puchaseable' option in mechlab I didn't realize the Store was so featureless. :/

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:29 AM

Yeah, those public tests kept us going there. I checked out the store because I wanted to know if they put the equipment in the mechlab and the mechs under purchasable in the mechlab...then what...if anything... would they have in the store?

I confess, I expected this guy to greet me.
Posted Image
Of course, he's the guy with rumors about factions that could have jobs for you. Someone else sold you stuff.

Battletech (Mechwarrior) 1989 for the Dos PC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users