#1 Aparter

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Novgorod, Russia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

May someone answer some my questions?:
How many mechs are devs going to create?
Will be there "Unusual mechs"?(I mean tripodal mechs for example)
Do mechs have life time? (I mean every gadget is getting worse after using)
Is it gameover if i sell my only mech and i don't have enough money to buy another one? Will devs help me?

#2 Stormeris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

Tripodal Ares is not coming for 80 or so years

But quads are in this timezone, and in my opinion would be a great addition,

Life time for mechs would be a stupid idea...really

Im pretty sure you wont be able to sell your ONLY mech

Edited by Stormeris, 19 June 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#3 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

Some mechs in the lore are hundreds of years old and were passed down from generation to generation, so aging isn't really a issue for a mech.

#4 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

I think this game is going to be making it's money on Mech's so I imagine that the Devs will make as many as they can.

And word is that they're going to do 1 update every 2 weeks so that could mean 26 mechs and 104 variants a year.

#5 Baines

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

I just hope they do a good job of the release schedule and don't pull a leage of legends.

#6 Woodstock

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

They have hinted at a one mech per 2-4 week schedule

And 10 mechs for open beta ... released in the order they were announced. Plus variants (so 40 ish on open beta)

#7 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

View PostKanatta Jing, on 19 June 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

I think this game is going to be making it's money on Mech's so I imagine that the Devs will make as many as they can.

And word is that they're going to do 1 update every 2 weeks so that could mean 26 mechs and 104 variants a year.

I agree it will make money on mechs. But I highly doubt new mechs will come per update. An update could be very small and add nothing new to the game. It could just fix issues or change an interface.

If they release mechs too quick, they risk losing profit by not giving people the chance to buy the latest.

I would be happy with a mech a month. After 3-5 years that is more than enough variants and they will have got their profit by then.

#8 Woodstock

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

you are assuming that all mechs will be bought

They have said that 'SPECIAL' mechs might be in the store.

This does not suggest that all mechs will be paid for.

#9 Heldar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:09 AM

View PostGHQCommander, on 19 June 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

I agree it will make money on mechs. But I highly doubt new mechs will come per update. An update could be very small and add nothing new to the game. It could just fix issues or change an interface.

If they release mechs too quick, they risk losing profit by not giving people the chance to buy the latest.

I would be happy with a mech a month. After 3-5 years that is more than enough variants and they will have got their profit by then.

I would say 1 or 2 mechs a month. Don't want the game to get stale, but you don't want to flood the game with too many new things too fast. You also would want to keep the balance of light>med>heavy>assault mechs available as close as possible IMO. Would suck to have lets say 6 lights, 5 meds, 3 heavies and only 2 assaults available, for example.

#10 Blackfire1

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

quad mechs generally are firesupport mechs. They have tons of extra weapons. But are not very mobile at all. Needs other to protect its flanks and rear.

That being said, I want one.

Edited by Blackfire1, 19 June 2012 - 05:13 AM.

#11 Woodstock

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

If they implemented a mech a week it would still take them YEARS to exhaust all the canon mechs!

#12 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

View PostStormeris, on 19 June 2012 - 02:39 AM, said:

Tripodal Ares is not coming for 80 or so years

But quads are in this timezone, and in my opinion would be a great addition,

Life time for mechs would be a stupid idea...really

Im pretty sure you wont be able to sell your ONLY mech

Yeah the Ares aren't going to happen anytime soon unless they bump the story line forward by a lot at some point.

Man I'd love to get a quad. I love those things! Sadly one of my favorite quads is another Dark Age 'mech. I won't be seeing a Thunder Fox any time soon. :blink:

Guess I will have to stick with a Barghest or a Stalking Spider if they actually make it into the game.

#13 Aparter

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

We have to repair our mechs after battle, aren't we? If Yes, what if i don't have enough money to repair my only mech?

#14 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostWoodstock, on 19 June 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

you are assuming that all mechs will be bought

They have said that 'SPECIAL' mechs might be in the store.

This does not suggest that all mechs will be paid for.

Are you meaning free Mechs, when you quote special?

I would think all mechs need to be bought. When someone says "bought" or "buy", it does not always mean money. C-bills buy items and c-bills can be gained in the game. Just clearing that up, not sure what exactly it is you meant.

My own point about buying mechs stands either way. For them to make money from people who put money into the game to get what they want quickly and get the latest thing. They must avoid too many mechs at once.

All that does is delivers mechs players REALLY want, before delivering and encourage sales of mechs they want but not more than other mechs. Deliver the best ones too soon and loads of them quickly. Then they will loose the chance to make profit over the rest.

#15 Aparter

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

Besides, explain someone: when we only start playing, Do we have money to buy Atlas or we are supposed to start with Light Mechs?

#16 Frollet

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSydney - Australia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

View PostBaines, on 19 June 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:

I just hope they do a good job of the release schedule and don't pull a leage of legends.

i would be more wworried if they pulled a blizzard

#17 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostWoodstock, on 19 June 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

If they implemented a mech a week it would still take them YEARS to exhaust all the canon mechs!

Who knows. This game is different from any other in that it does have endless variations in the canon.

My guesses are on every other games model and based on how consumers minds work. When the many avatars are not released in short time and close together. It allows them to create a bigger hype around new releases and that hype leads to people buying.

I could be wrong I know.

#18 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

Posted Image

#19 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostAparter, on 19 June 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

Besides, explain someone: when we only start playing, Do we have money to buy Atlas or we are supposed to start with Light Mechs?

Founders get their founders mech straight away. Considering we have roles also. I'm guessing the initial 12 is there straight away, we get to select one of them free, any one mech.

The YouTube video on this seemed to suggest it but then the interface may have offered up Atlas for the devs sake.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users