- - - - -

Mech Bay - What Weapons Are Equipped

20 replies to this topic

#1 SnowdogJJJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth East PA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

When I am in the Mech bay , picking what mech to pilot how do I see (know) what weapons are equipped (my load out) so I knwo what I am taking into battle?

Load game> Mech bay> click Mech> ???

What does he have in the way of weapons?
Where is the info?

#2 Sychodemus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

When you are in the Mechlab main screen, if you hover over the mech it brings up a data sheet. Your weapons loadout will be listed there. However, modules and engines are not listed at this time.

#3 SnowdogJJJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth East PA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

I give up..

Edited by SnowdogJJJ, 04 February 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#4 marepinta

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSpokane Valley, WA, USA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

It is just a new interface. go slow and you will see everything is still there, but different. and because of that, frustrating!!!!@@##!!!

lolol

in the mech bay, when you are looking at one mech, on the left side are the locations (center torso/left/right/etc)
on the right side of the picture of the mech, you go down about half way and it shows what is in each slot.

hope this helps

#5 SnowdogJJJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth East PA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

If I hover over a mech in the Mech lab it shows my weapons load out.. change is hard. The interface is pretty.. I'll say that much and I am sure I will grow to love it in time.. but for now. we are not friends :(

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

If I was paid for the videos I do (through monetizing or whatever), I'd probably make millions after making a tutorial on how to do the most basic things on here.

....if I can ever figure out how to do the most basic things on here.

After some effort I was able to figure this much out. Loadout on the right.
Posted Image

#7 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostKoniving, on 04 February 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

I had to have it specifically pointed out to me, so to add to the above, upper right of the popup, where it says hardpoints, then right under that.

As I said - I had to have it pointed out to me - I kept overlooking that little bit :(

#8 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

While I like the overall new look, they do need to do something to make things pop more. Everything seems to be written in the same font, at the same size, and it's really easy to miss.

It took me forever to realize that they bundle the Champion mechs at the top of the list, so I sat there trying to find my Phoenix variant Wolverine so I could drop in it.

#9 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:13 AM

Wow, That was well hidden. I never saw that (and I knew about the hover over)

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostBuckminster, on 05 February 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

While I like the overall new look, they do need to do something to make things pop more. Everything seems to be written in the same font, at the same size, and it's really easy to miss.

It took me forever to realize that they bundle the Champion mechs at the top of the list, so I sat there trying to find my Phoenix variant Wolverine so I could drop in it.

I agree. Larger font for specific things. Honestly the mech/object display window takes up too much of the screen, and at higher resolutions that small text displaying what's important gets even SMALLER! O_O Instead of scaling up to be bigger. It's my hope that they make the information stand out a bit more. Larger text. The little pictures of the weapons aren't anything like the weapons we have anyway so they're as important as the source material often seems to PGI; expendable. I'd much rather have bigger, clearer text. On my TV I can't read half of those letters and it's only two feet in front of me.

#11 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostSnowdogJJJ, on 04 February 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

When I am in the Mech bay , picking what mech to pilot how do I see (know) what weapons are equipped (my load out) so I knwo what I am taking into battle?

Load game> Mech bay> click Mech> ???

What does he have in the way of weapons?
Where is the info?

View PostKoniving, on 04 February 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

If I was paid for the videos I do (through monetizing or whatever), I'd probably make millions after making a tutorial on how to do the most basic things on here.

....if I can ever figure out how to do the most basic things on here.

Posted Image

Did you see the tutorial?

#12 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

I did watch the tutorial, and it bothers me in a couple ways:
  • The guy says "obviously" and "of course" way too much. It's a pet peeve of mine, but that kind of language doesn't belong in a tutorial. If it was that "obvious", we wouldn't be watching a how to video.
  • If you need a 12 minute tutorial video to show you the UI, it isn't intuitive enough. I could figure out how to operate Smurfy's in less than 12 minutes.
  • If anything, the tutorial emphasizes how bad the font problem is. I couldn't read the buttons he was clicking on, and I couldn't read any of the pop-up text boxes either.

#13 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostBuckminster, on 05 February 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

I did watch the tutorial, and it bothers me in a couple ways:
  • The guy says "obviously" and "of course" way too much. It's a pet peeve of mine, but that kind of language doesn't belong in a tutorial. If it was that "obvious", we wouldn't be watching a how to video.
  • If you need a 12 minute tutorial video to show you the UI, it isn't intuitive enough. I could figure out how to operate Smurfy's in less than 12 minutes.
  • If anything, the tutorial emphasizes how bad the font problem is. I couldn't read the buttons he was clicking on, and I couldn't read any of the pop-up text boxes either.

Oh wait, It's an information overview and not a tutorial, my mistake.
Now if you have problems with someone using "obviously" and "of course" way too much, thats your opinion.
For me it sounded not like "ofc click here, because its so easy to understand...", but like "ofc, as we showed 1 minute before, we need to click here...". Thats a difference.

#14 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 05 February 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

Now if you have problems with someone using "obviously" and "of course" way too much, thats your opinion.
For me it sounded not like "ofc click here, because its so easy to understand...", but like "ofc, as we showed 1 minute before, we need to click here...". Thats a difference.

Oh, I know this is just me being picky. Too many public speaking classes. ;)

#15 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

View Postmarepinta, on 04 February 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

go slow and you will see everything is still there

that's simply wrong.
the "overview" lacks important informations like what engine is equipped. that was in the old UI, but is not in the new one.
i searched my XL295 yesterday for 5 effing minutes...

#16 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostVIPER2207, on 05 February 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

that's simply wrong.
the "overview" lacks important informations like what engine is equipped. that was in the old UI, but is not in the new one.
i searched my XL295 yesterday for 5 effing minutes...

Same here, unfortunately it only shows the Max engine rating which is useless to me, I need to know which engine is equipped!

#17 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

UI 2.0 is slick. Def needs some touch ups in the user friendly category. All in all I like it.

#18 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

I like the look and the design, but everything else... meh =(

the obviously took design over usability, and that's one of the worst mistakes someone can do when designing an UI.

#19 marepinta

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSpokane Valley, WA, USA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

have you guys seen the detail view offered here?

Home > Inventory > then you can click by mech, by weapon system, by equipment, or modules. and sort each view at the top ... alpha a-z or z-a or by price.

I think this is going to be the best way to "find" equipment when you can't remember which mech has what engine you want to swap with another ;)

Posted Image

lolol ... except I thought I could click on it and be on the mech, but it only talks about selling it. hmmmm ... maybe some day :D

#20 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Unfortunately, inventory is only the stuff you have off-mech. So if you can't remember which mech had your 300XL, you still have to find it the old fashioned way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users