Founder Mechs Earn more credits.

27 replies to this topic

#21 Cid Slayer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

I believe in world of tanks premium accounts give you a 20% increase in credits and xp.

I think premium tanks are similar but I know they like to "tweak" income values of some premium tanks. Recently they said that some premium tanks would be relabelled as "gift" tanks and that these would lose the premium income bonus, even though people paid real money for them.

I think the "gift" tanks are mainly the pre-order ones.

Premium tanks tend to earn about 10-20% more than non premium tanks I think. Although the Lowe earns more than the KV5 for example due to performance in battle. Wargaming's response to this was just to charge more for the Lowe...

#22 Gromkey Blackwind

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Should founder mechs earn more than gold? sure..encourage front end sales.

Edited by Gromkey Blackwind, 19 June 2012 - 06:11 AM.

#23 Lysimachos

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

At the risk of repeating myself, the only thing I wanted to know before buying the Elite pack is where "custom" fits in custom 'mechs! If they just have a "founder's" cosmetic and earn more C-bills, they are not custom(izable) at all!

#24 RTWAP

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:18 AM

View PostCid Slayer, on 19 June 2012 - 06:08 AM, said:

I believe in world of tanks premium accounts give you a 20% increase in credits and xp.

I think premium tanks are similar but I know they like to "tweak" income values of some premium tanks. Recently they said that some premium tanks would be relabelled as "gift" tanks and that these would lose the premium income bonus, even though people paid real money for them.

Premium tanks tend to earn about 10-20% more than non premium tanks I think. Although the Lowe earns more than the KV5 for example due to performance in battle. Wargaming's response to this was just to charge more for the Lowe...

WoT premium accounts give 50% more credits and XP. But it works out to more than 50% credit profit because of repair costs. Non-premium you might have 10K repairs/ammo and 12K income, leaving you with 2K profit. With a premium accounts that goes to 18K income, 8K profit, so 4 times as much.

Premium tanks can each be different but I know some seem to have a credit multiplier somewhere close to 100%.

#25 Lomack

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:25 AM

Imho, 50% is fine. But it all depends on how cbills are structured in the game.
if it takes 10million cbills to buy an engine and you get 50k on average per match, getting 75k certainly dosen't feel like much. Sure it adds up over time but its not like your going to get 500k while everyone else is getting 50k. You could probably even give 100% more credits so the if the average is 50k and Founders mechs get 100k mer patch.
Now if a new engine costs 100k and on average per match you get 50k, getting 50% 100% more would probably feel a lot more damaging to the economy. 50% more would probably be too much at this point also. We just don't know how the cbills are structured in game yet, and until PGI tells us or until the NDA is lifted from Beta its all just speculation as to the effect a cbill boost will have.

As with most FTP games I am sure PGI will be putting in other "special" mechs for real money purchase as the game progresses. These mechs won't offer any physically competitive advantage, except maybe a type of hard point in a location you can't normally put that type of weapon. But will offer, unique styling, graphics etc...

There is only so much people will be willing to pay for styling. If they want to sell more of them, or have a larger price point they will need some additional feature. 10%-20% extra cbills wouldn't get my hand even moving toward my wallet. Most likely that would entail just needing to play an extra couple of games to be able to afford something I wanted. If a premium mech isn't going to make a "noticable difference" why buy it?

#26 FlakAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostCid Slayer, on 19 June 2012 - 06:08 AM, said:

I'm going to sum up the WoT Premium topic as well as possible.

Premium tanks cost less to repair than their equal tier counter-parts. They also earn more credits per battle. That percentage changes depending on the tank. For example: T14 (tier 5) is around 13-14% while Churchill is closer to 20%. I don't have the exact numbers... but I can tell you a tier 8 might normally make 15-25k in a battle? Premium tier 8s can expect 40k-60k without a premium account. Keep in mind I am quite a bit above average but no pro. Still, that's about a 40-50% bonus, and considering you're paying $30-50 for a tank, I'd hope so.

That doesn't mean 40-50% is going to work in MWO of course, just that that's what it is in WoT.

Edited by FlakAttack, 19 June 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#27 Ressev

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

Perhaps there will be an error in the coding so that the people blowing up Founders Mechs earn more credits?

:blink:

I speak as one who plans on buying the Founders Pack.

#28 Battalia

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

keep in mind, the founders mech earns a bonus, AND your premium account will give a bonus, so it would be a little silly you have 100% for the mech and 100% for the account... Expect it to be an underwhelming %age BUT A BALANCED %AGE.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users