Stingy Stingy Stingy

50 replies to this topic

#1 Pestilens

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

The amount of c-bills that are awarded from mission to mission are massively too low, and if you sell a mech you're pretty much getting massively ripped off. It seems like rewards in game for assists and other activities has been dropped dramatically as well. This is really obnoxious PGI. I know you're trying to frustrate the players to the point that we buy MC and premium time to get everything done and it's pretty blatant, and extremely off-putting. If players were getting more c-bills in they would be tinkering with more things and experiencing more of the game while all the things that can't be bought with c-bills, like those nice hero mechs, would be that much more alluring. What's sad is that I'd happily pay 15 bucks a month not to be nickled and dimed every time I turn around and to have reasonable c-bill rewards and returns on equipment sold.

#2 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

been like this since 12v12, PGI in its infinite wisdom, thought that with more mehcs on the field you would be making more money. However damage numbers have been the same as 8v8, even with 4 more mechs on both sides.

Numbers need to be reverted back to 8v8 values, people would be happy.

#3 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:29 AM

I would play the game more with a different reward system

#4 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

Yea OP tell that to the people that want R&R back.

As long as both threads are up - I think income is balanced.

#5 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

*logs in, looks at his bank account* 114,840,258. Tendency: Rising.

yepyepyepyep.

#6 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

It makes one very careful how they spend. For most of us that is what we have to do in real life. Why make it so in what we call having fun? I rarely change builds or buy now so it has reduced my enjoyment in the game a lot.

#7 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 February 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

It makes one very careful how they spend. For most of us that is what we have to do in real life. Why make it so in what we call having fun? I rarely change builds or buy now so it has reduced my enjoyment in the game a lot.

I don't understand this. Not that you are wrong Mud. I played my D-DC with basically the same set up for 6-7 months. I sold it to get my Battlemaster-1G But I build my (F)Atlas to replicate the D-DC closely. I enjoy fighting in "MY" build, and I keep it till the DEVs change how damage is working. Then I adapt to that DEV made meta and stay that way till they make another tweak.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 February 2014 - 05:15 AM.

#8 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

I think they need to put money back where it was and they would make more money.

This is due to people actually experimenting with builds, which is fun, and then buying more mech bays, so they can own more mechs. I have bought a few Hero mechs, but Ive bought all my others with Cbills. I did have to buy all those mech bays, and thats where they made their money on me.

#9 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:32 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 06 February 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

I don't understand this. Not that you are wrong Mud. I played my D-DC with basically the same set up for 6-7 months. I sold it to get my Battlemaster-1G But I build my (F)Atlas to replicate the D-DC closely. I enjoy fighting in "MY" build, and I keep it till the DEVs change how damage is working. Then I adapt to that DEV made meta and stay that way till they make another tweak.

I like to experiment a lot with different layouts and tactics. Pugging that means probaly 50 to 100 matches per build to understand unless its a dismal obvious failure. Because of the meta now its pretty difficult. Pugging its very hard to earn unless you bring max DPS every match. With the nerf in earnings it is too great a hill to climb and I have been playing a long time. For new players (under 500 matches) it is even worse. I don't think it effects me nearly as bad and the guys just starting out. One mistake in the mech lab and your grinding a lot to overcome it.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

I'm an AlphaWarrior. I prefer knowing I will hit you with 30-60 damage right now! It does not have to be convergent damage either. Rather than doing 40 damage to you over 5 seconds. I like quick and decisive fighting.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 February 2014 - 05:52 AM.

#11 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 06 February 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

I'm an AlphaWarrior. I prefer knowing I will hit you with 30-60 damage right now! It does not have to be convergent damage either. Rather than doing 40 damage to you over 5 seconds. I like quick and decisive fighting.

Your a killer not a fighter then. I like the fight more than the killing aspect of it. Killing the target is a side benefit. Not to say I don't have some high alpha builds. I have to bring them when I need to earn. Truthfully my favorite builds are the unusual ones. I had a lot of fun with a treb that was low alpha and built as a harasser instead. It was just pointless in todays meta.

#12 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 February 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

Your a killer not a fighter then. I like the fight more than the killing aspect of it. Killing the target is a side benefit. Not to say I don't have some high alpha builds. I have to bring them when I need to earn. Truthfully my favorite builds are the unusual ones. I had a lot of fun with a treb that was low alpha and built as a harasser instead. It was just pointless in todays meta.
Finally someone that understands me! :) B)

#13 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostPestilens, on 06 February 2014 - 12:55 AM, said:

The amount of c-bills that are awarded from mission to mission are massively too low, and if you sell a mech you're pretty much getting massively ripped off. It seems like rewards in game for assists and other activities has been dropped dramatically as well. This is really obnoxious PGI. I know you're trying to frustrate the players to the point that we buy MC and premium time to get everything done and it's pretty blatant, and extremely off-putting. If players were getting more c-bills in they would be tinkering with more things and experiencing more of the game while all the things that can't be bought with c-bills, like those nice hero mechs, would be that much more alluring. What's sad is that I'd happily pay 15 bucks a month not to be nickled and dimed every time I turn around and to have reasonable c-bill rewards and returns on equipment sold.

Yea those sorry ************* trying to make some money!!1 They should just give this game away and live on welfare!!!!

#14 Navy Sixes

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

I can never fully get my head around complaints about "the grind." It's like people are complaining about not making enough money after X amount of missions; complaining that they have to run Y missions more to make enough C-Bills for... something.

But the fact is that they were going to run X+Y missions anyway, whether or not they were making more money. So the real issue is that they have to run those missions without whatever toy they want right now, but can't afford. Then they'll spend all their C-Bills on said toy, then decide they need another toy, but -surprise!- they're broke, now. So they have to run too many missions, again that they would have run anyway, before they can afford the toy they want right now.

It's these "Pokemon" players, the one's trying to "catch them all," that are PGI's bread n butter. I've spent money on MWO; but only after careful consideration (both of what I want and how I want to show my appreciation for PGI and support the game). If you can't stand to play another mission without your new toy, even though you were going to play those missions anyway, just buy some MC.

Problem solved.

#15 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 06 February 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

Yea those sorry ************* trying to make some money!!1 They should just give this game away and live on welfare!!!!

Far from it. I have spent money here but stopped due to the reasons of mistrust or lack of faith. Was on the verge of buying some mechs and figured i would see how this latest patch goes. Even though I had a hell of a time getting everything working again I still was going forward until I read two things.

1. They are now going to let 12mans against pugs still with no voip to counter.

2. Pauls nerfwarrior post about Highlanders. I own one but don't poptart if rarely under circumstance. Its really just more these guys think nerfing solves everything never mind the vague post meant to incite rather than inform.

None of that might be important to you but were not all the same. This game has gone one track only and it the track with the bridge out. Starting to think its too late for brakes.

#16 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 February 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Words...

2. Pauls nerfwarrior post about Highlanders. I own one but don't poptart if rarely under circumstance. Its really just more these guys think nerfing solves everything never mind the vague post meant to incite rather than inform.

None of that might be important to you but were not all the same. This game has gone one track only and it the track with the bridge out. Starting to think its too late for brakes.

2. If you had read further, you would have seen that it's really JJs not the HGN, so it doesn't effect you. But as we know, reading comprehension and you are on different islands.

Underlined section translation:
We have different opinions, but I'm going to state that the game is on a track to failure as fact.

#17 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 February 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Far from it. I have spent money here but stopped due to the reasons of mistrust or lack of faith. Was on the verge of buying some mechs and figured i would see how this latest patch goes. Even though I had a hell of a time getting everything working again I still was going forward until I read two things.

1. They are now going to let 12mans against pugs still with no voip to counter.

What does that have to do with the economy?

#18 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

Ya ya sisterhood. ;)

#19 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 February 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Ya ya sisterhood. ;)

or this?

The economy is tight but it's not unreasonable. I think it's set up for a long-term investment. With CW coming you're looking at a persistent world with dynamically changing borders and such. That means there's no real end game. There's not going to be a "final mission" (until they close the doors anyhow) so I really think it's set up for THAT game play. It's not that hard to earn enough as a new player to start off in a decently customized mech to run around in while you start earning more money to buy another.
The champion mechs are actually decent builds that give you variety (and let you earn experience in) as well as the recent flash sales offer PLENTY of ways for players to get some great value and not be locked into stock mechs.

#20 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostViges, on 06 February 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

As long as both threads are up - I think income is balanced.

Agreed. But I guess it depends on your perspective to be honost. I came here after having played WoT for a very long time, and in that time I got used to extremely low earnings even with premium account. Played for a short while w/out premium and it is possible to actually lose credits if do poorly so makes MWo's economy to seem pretty good in comparison. In no match in MWo have I ever lost credits after having a poor match.
Again, ones view point on this matter depends entirely on perspective that is dependent on what games were played prior to MWo.

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users