Higher Temps With Feb 4 Patch

7 replies to this topic

#1 travelbug

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

i am getting 8-10c higher temps when on the ui and 8-12c higher while in game. is anyone experiencing this? anyone experiencing an increase in temps?

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

The video-settings are bugged at the moment, maybe they are not what you set them to pre-patch ?

#3 Nation Uprise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 05 February 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

We've just been able to confirm that these options are not mapped incorrectly as suspected i.e. Low does equal Low etc. but Custom settings are broken (set everything to 0 which ends up defaulting to 3). A fix for this issue has been submitted for the next patch and the workaround for now is to avoid Custom/Advanced settings.

Basically, if you've touched anything on advanced options, the settings aren't exactly what they claim to be. For me, even with everything set to "low" in adv. options, I still get "very high" graphic quality, which is making my frames drop hard and my computer run hotter.

Edited by Nation Uprise, 06 February 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#4 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

Things seem to be working for me just fine temp wise, even after the patch. I did have issues with the advanced settings change from what I had them set at in the old IU. I had to go in and change a couple settings down to high instead of very high. My frame rates went from around 30-40 avg to 19-30 avg. before I made the changes.

I am running 8gb of g. skill 6400 ram, a Intel Q9550 EO stepping, I had it 3.4 ghz prior to the patch, and a 6870 1 gb card overclocked to 960 ghz, 1455 on ram I thinks? Outdated you say? LOL, I know, but I keep this rig around because It is very hackintosh friendly and running vanilla Mt. Lion on it. I am lucky I have a custom water loop I set up a couple years back with a tripple radiator, so I bumped up my overclock to the cpu to 4.0 ghz and I am back up to very high settings on everything and not seeing temps above 42C on the Q9550 and my 6870 never hits higher then 73C in the game.

Before the extra over clock on the CPU I never saw over 38C on the Q9550 at 3.4ghz. My frame rates are around 40-50 stable even after the patch now. :-)

#5 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

I've noticed a slight increase in GPU temps after the patch, but only 2-3C.

#6 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

My GPU fan seems to be a bit louder now too. Doesn't seem like my FPS has dropped much, maybe a little but it's hard to tell really because it varies a lot during a match.

#7 ThermidorFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 224 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

I've had about a 7-10c increase in GPU temp while in mechlab but in the actual game my temps seem to drop quite a few from the mechlab temps.

Is a little disconcerting that my max mechlab heat has gone from 72c to 82c, the average going from 68c to 77c.

#8 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

I'm actually getting better fps, and lower temps :)
But then I'm using a newer AMD r9-280x with the new Mantle 14.1 drivers.

For me, seems like video settings are running lower than they used to before UI2.0 patch, I got everything maxxed and the game doesn't look quite as nice.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users