On1-P 50% Off 24 Hours Only

63 replies to this topic

#21 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

Thx for a secound server connection lost right now. You guys know how to treat their customers ..

#22 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

next is Pretty Baby/Heavy Metal/Boars Head/ Misery by the looks of it ;)

oh or the Dragon Slayer

:(

Edited by Nehkrosis, 06 February 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#23 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Apparently 50% off is my weak spot. Two MC purchases in two days.

#24 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostXtrekker, on 06 February 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Apparently 50% off is my weak spot. Two MC purchases in two days.

I think this is one of the huge reasons they've been working on UI2.0 so hard. Even though it's not functionally better for us as players, it lets them monetize the game.

I'd imagine these 50% off sales are big hits.

It's too bad I'm pretty stingey about buying MC and only buy at Christmas.

#25 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostNgamok, on 06 February 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Protector is a great mech. The K and M kinda do what this does but hey, it's Kerensky's ride.

The K really is a great mech and thats why I'm hesitant to buy this one, I don't wanna get too redundant and have a bunch of mechs that I don't use lying around.

#26 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Okay despite how I feel about the game I forked over $16.54 and got the 3k MC pack for this, I hope your happy PGI.

But know this.....

Posted Image

#27 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

The Protector is a good Orion. It's the only one with a (relatively) high torso energy hard point, so you can do a little ridge sniping if you want.

These frequent 50% off sales might adversely affect sales of new Heros though. 50% off is a huge discount, so I'd guess most people will just wait it out.

#28 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostWieland, on 06 February 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Hmm, why does the game disconnect me when a sale is introduced?
Thought that doesnt happen with UI 2.0.

Nope. It was their position at the time™

#29 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Thats one of the reasons I would like to see something else rather then just raw hero sales. (but the week is young, they might have their traditional weekend sales still around.)

As much as I like it having so many mechs at that 50% off rate if they keep this up will de-value the mechs in general because everyone will just wait for the 50% off sale.

I was perfectly content waiting for 30% off sales for all my hero mechs, and ultimately bought the whole lot when the Heavy metal, Moromets, Firebrand, and yen-low where all 30% off.

I was perfectly content then at 30, but if 50% off ends up as a regular thing, then most people including myself will just wait for the 50% sale.

#30 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 06 February 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

Okay despite how I feel about the game I forked over $16.54 and got the 3k MC pack for this, I hope your happy PGI.

Yeah, when you make the translation from space bucks to $, it still sucks. I think I'm just a sucker for seemingly good deals even if the product probably isn't worth it. In this case at least I think it sends a tiny message that their normal pricing structure is just WAAAAY off.

Edited by Xtrekker, 06 February 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#31 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostNRP, on 06 February 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

The Protector is a good Orion. It's the only one with a (relatively) high torso energy hard point, so you can do a little ridge sniping if you want.

These frequent 50% off sales might adversely affect sales of new Heros though. 50% off is a huge discount, so I'd guess most people will just wait it out.

Yea, I am gonna wait on a Dragon Slayer now. But there will always be people who will want it now and not wait.

#32 John Archer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 402 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

Think about the sheer increase of purchases they achieve during a 24 hour, 50% off sale. I imagine it is very effective at bringing in money for PGI.

I like the sales. I also hope that they put more paint schemes, premium time, and whatnot on sale as well.

Keep up the sales PGI!

#33 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostSpiralFace, on 06 February 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Thats one of the reasons I would like to see something else rather then just raw hero sales. (but the week is young, they might have their traditional weekend sales still around.)

As much as I like it having so many mechs at that 50% off rate if they keep this up will de-value the mechs in general because everyone will just wait for the 50% off sale.

I was perfectly content waiting for 30% off sales for all my hero mechs, and ultimately bought the whole lot when the Heavy metal, Moromets, Firebrand, and yen-low where all 30% off.

I was perfectly content then at 30, but if 50% off ends up as a regular thing, then most people including myself will just wait for the 50% sale.

I bought the Grid Iron LE, The X-5, Heavy Metal, and Protector and full price, pretty much day they came out. The Ilya Muromets, Misery, and Flame on sale. I probably could have waited on The X-5 for a sale, but it was a pure impulse buy at the time as the Ilya and Flame were my first two hero mechs.

Edited by Ngamok, 06 February 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#34 AlbertoT16

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPanama

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

Make Firebrand available for 50% off too! Oh wait, did I read your mind PGI? ;) :(

#35 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostBident, on 06 February 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

full hero for half price is great!
I hope CTF-IM wont be on 50% sale ;) ,bcs my one day salary will gone :(

THIS!!!

Although I think I am going to cave and get a Protector... on smurfys already, plotting.

#36 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

Now prevented from ever buying a Hero unless it has a 50% discount...

And of course I bought both the Misery and the Boar's Head when they were at only a 30% discount. ;)

#37 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostDarthPeanut, on 06 February 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

THIS!!!

Although I think I am going to cave and get a Protector... on smurfys already, plotting.

Try with 2 LBX10's... nomnomnom

#38 AlbertoT16

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPanama

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostcSand, on 06 February 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Try with 2 LBX10's... nomnomnom

Perhaps, you may want to add a third one! and 2 med lasers for back up if you run dry on ammo.

#39 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostSpiralFace, on 06 February 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

I honestly think they are just trying out the new system to see how well it works. They are obviously still working out the kinks, as can be seen by the disconnects.

Also, you may be right if they make this a consistent thing, but hopefully they are smart and make them random enough that you never know when the next sale will. That will make the sales special still, but impulsive people (like me unfortunately) will still pay full price for mechs when they first come out or get the urge to play it. I know I personally was on the fence about getting the Misery this last sale, and almost bought it this week at full price just because I have really started to like the Stalker while leveling up the variants - then the Ember came out and my purchase for this month got ninja'd...

Edited by Cimarb, 06 February 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#40 Sir T

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

If anyone is on the fence, this mech has the second most awesome into movie of any of the Hero mechs (The most awesome is the Misery's movie)

So support your MWO filmmakers!

Yeah I bought it today and trying to justify it. I'M WEAK!!!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users