2 replies to this topic

#1 SideSt3p

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 484 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

While I'm still largely in love with the Cataphract, I've recently found that I also like the Dragon.

I'm not entirely sure why seeing as the Mech appears to be vastly under-armed and armored. Most of it probably has to do with the re-design and how gorgeous it is.

With that, has there been any confirmation of the DRG-1G varient? I'm pretty sure I'm going to suck at this game when I first start playing and I'm thinking ammo just isn't going to be a big bonus for me :blink:

The DRG-1G would give me the hardpoints (I think...I can't wait to see the MechLab) to mount a pretty awesome mix of energy weapons and heat sinks. I'm thinking:

Endo-Steel Chassis
12 Double Heat Sinks
LRM 10 (2 tons Ammo + CASE)
ER PPC
Medium Laser x3
12.5 Tons of Standard Armor

Happy Founders Day to everybody! May your day be full of:

Posted Image
***EDIT*** 300th post!!

Edited by SideSt3p, 19 June 2012 - 06:32 AM.

#2 Blackfire1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

D.R.T

#3 pesco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

Incidentally, I just spent this morning's train ride reading and musing over the Dragon's description at sarna. I'm guessing you have to be very carefull to keep your range to avoid direct confrontations with it. Alas, I know I'd be pissed if those LRMs and AC/5 shells kept flying at me while I try to brawl with a Hunchie or something.

In this light, knowing that I enjoy fire support roles, I do find the Dragon an appealing Mech. Also, come on, LRM nostrils. :blink:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users