How To Find Which Mech You Left Your Modules In With Ui2.0

15 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan Longwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

Go to your Home screen and then hit the Inventory tab. Under the section titled Battlemechs, if you click on the name of the mech there is a pop-up box telling you what modules that mech has mounted. It's easy enough to click through the list to locate lost modules.

Note: There does seem to currently be a bug that doesn't allow you to select the top two mechs in your list. You can change the sort order of your list as a workaround. (default is Alphabetical(ASC))

Edit Note: This method does not seem to work on mechs that you cannot sell, such as Sarah's Jenner, the Phoenix Variants, and I believe the Founder's Mechs.

Edited by Duncan Longwood, 07 February 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#2 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:26 AM

Good info. Took me a while to figure it out.
There seems to be more work involved than the old UI but I have a feeling it will be all tied together to be more intuitive.

#3 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

View PostDuncan Longwood, on 07 February 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

Go to your Home screen and then hit the Inventory tab. Under the section titled Battlemechs, if you click on the name of the mech there is a pop-up box telling you what modules that mech has mounted. It's easy enough to click through the list to locate lost modules.

Note: There does seem to currently be a bug that doesn't allow you to select the top two mechs in your list. You can change the sort order of your list as a workaround. (default is Alphabetical(ASC))

Configure Mech>Modules ... Should be on the right

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,664 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, but you'd have to do that for each mech to find modules.

The best advice is to remember to remove them whenever you switch to another mech.

#5 Duncan Longwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

I had been using the ready-mech 4-square to keep track of modules and cockpit items. With the ready list removed with UI2, I found that I only remembered 3 of the 4 mechs that were ready... I currently have 90 mechs and over 80 million cbills in modules and it took over 15 minutes of clicking through menus with the "Configure Mech>Modules" method to locate my misplaced mountain of modules. I am just hoping to save someone else from that particular pain because it was the biggest headache I initially experienced with UI2.

#6 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

Now if only engines would be as user friendly as this ....
Good tip though

#7 Bodger1234

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

What is ready mech 4 square?

#8 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

View PostBodger1234, on 08 February 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

What is ready mech 4 square?

Lost with the old UI - you could select 4 mechs as 'ready' and the would be available to grab from a small box in one corner.

#9 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

I was trying to find my 360 target retention module through the inventory list and could not find it.
After individually going through Configure, Modules, I realized my Locust V(P) does not appear in the Inventory list.

#10 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

View PostCygnusX7, on 09 February 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

I was trying to find my 360 target retention module through the inventory list and could not find it.
After individually going through Configure, Modules, I realized my Locust V(P) does not appear in the Inventory list.

Technically, that's a coffin, not a mech, so I can see the confusion.

#11 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

What I`ve been doing is just religiously removing my modules as soon as I log out or switch mechs, thanks for the tip ;)

#12 RLBell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

View PostZerberus, on 09 February 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

What I`ve been doing is just religiously removing my modules as soon as I log out or switch mechs, thanks for the tip ;)

Wandering off topic, If you borrow weapons and equipment from one mech to configure another mech, pull the engine from the donor mech, first. That way, you cannot drop in a mech missing useful stuff. I once dropped in a 67t Stalker with only two ERPPC's and an SRM4,

#13 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

Posted Image

#14 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Good advice! I wish engines showed up there!

#15 Frank Olson

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:52 PM

Was there any change? I thought that I remembered the NGNG guys saying thatt here would be a possibility to find your modules very fast with UI 2.0 ... Is that wrong? :/

#16 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:46 PM

Mech Lab / Select Mech / I prefer to select Light/Med/Heavy/Assault. Then click on the > to expand each class (or select EXPAND ALL) and hover mouse over each variant, no need to actual click on each mech.This will pop up a window showing what that mech has. Module listing are in the second colum. If no modules it will said Modules then below that No Modules equipped.

The above about the EXPAND ALL, that top part has different ways to show mechs, Class or Chassis. I currently have mine selected as Chassis but so you do not need to hit the > for each chassis, select Class. You can then select All/Light/Med/heavy/assault. If lots of mechs do it by weight class and just hover the mouse over each mech. If you find your module click on it then select Loadout.

As a reminder, Select Both instead of IS/Clan and Owned instead of Both/Trial while searching.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users