• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostKyle Wright, on 07 February 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

But is it a package deal?

Just for one second think about what past sales where about? They were usually the same mechs for %30 off, why now the switch to %50?.

Second this isnt a package sale. If you think in terms of retail its like going to a store where certain items are markets down. To be coined as a package deal then it should be Buy 1 get 1 Free, or Buy any 3 Hero's for $25 and get 7 days premium time.

This isn't a package sale. But my guess is that they will be coming. My guess is that for Valentine's day, Pretty Baby will be available for sale with a set of pink colors. Just a guess though. :P

#63 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

I think these generous sales is PGI's way of keeping people playing the game through the mess that is UI.2. If they give people something new and shiny to grind people will play and get more used to the new interface. A lot of people have probably stopped playing since UI.2 came out and this is their way of keeping people interested in MWO. I for one am going to buy a Firebrand this weekend and keep it safe in sound in my Mechlab while I play WoT until they at least fix the graphics options bug.

#64 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostHeffay, on 07 February 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

This isn't a package sale. But my guess is that they will be coming. My guess is that for Valentine's day, Pretty Baby will be available for sale with a set of pink colors. Just a guess though. :P

Lol now that would be package deal. Stuff like that would open up peoples wallets. These days lets face it as consumers in the MWO Universe we want bargains right, you know the best bang for the buck. When it comes to mechs there are some we are willing to spend the extra $ for, but others it usually comes down to well I can spend 7mil C-bills on this mech yet I can get mech B for 1.5mil C-bills less and it does the same job.

I like the direction though where they are going. Guess I shouldnt have started off with a negative statement and shouldve elaborated a bit more.

#65 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Firebrand is very tempting

#66 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

I'm very surprised they haven't put together bundles where you get a better deal if you order more. Say 50% 1, 45% for 2, 40% for 3 etc.

Something like that, not necessarily those numbers but you get the deal..

The Dragonslayer somewhat interests me, but as a Combine player, I feel obligated to not buy a stinking Sun's production.

The 65 ton Rifleman...er I mean "Firebrand" is also interesting.

Edited by verybad, 07 February 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#67 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

View Postverybad, on 07 February 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

I'm very surprised they haven't put together bundles where you get a better deal if you order more. Say 50% 1, 45% for 2, 40% for 3 etc.

Something like that, not necessarily those numbers but you get the deal..

The Dragonslayer somewhat interests me, but as a Combine player, I feel obligated to not buy a stinking Sun's production.

The 65 ton Rifleman...er I mean "Firebrand" is also interesting.

Lol I like your allegiance to your House. If youre part of a unit you should look up HhoD and maybe we can get some scrimmage matches going between the Battalion im in (5th) and your unit. Even make it fun by using house specific mechs?

#68 Shadowrrr01

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Looks like I will be buying 3 new mechs tonight. Been waiting on the Dragonslayer and Firebrand. I have been tossing the idea back and forth for the Fang but for 50% off seems reasonable.

#69 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

One of these things is not like the others.

#70 Felbombling

• 2,972 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

I'm all excited to buy a Dragon Slayer when I realize I'll have to go to Smurphy's to figure out if it can handle an AC/20 in the right arm... or, for that matter, what equipment it has to begin with. Beyond that, I'd also need the website or Smurphy's to determine what/where the hard points are. Then the realization kicks in that I'll have to reconfigure it in the new UI 2.0 environment, which has proven such a pain in the @ss that I gave up on my Cataphract tinkering and stuck with my original load out. Geez... I don't think I can even minimize MW:O while I check out the page and Smurphy's... I'll need to log out... what to do... what to do?

I poke fun at PGI, tongue firmly planted within cheek, but I still must take advantage of that 50% off discount. Thanks PGI... but could you please prioritize some of those points I made in my kidding-rant? :P

#71 Euphoric1RW

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostNapes339, on 07 February 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Generally, the Flame is considered better than the Fang though I have heard a few people say otherwise.

Get them both!

#72 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

Family Day on Monday is going to be a Me Day with these sales!

#73 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 07 February 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

I'm all excited to buy a Dragon Slayer when I realize I'll have to go to Smurphy's to figure out if it can handle an AC/20 in the right arm... or, for that matter, what equipment it has to begin with. Beyond that, I'd also need the website or Smurphy's to determine what/where the hard points are. Then the realization kicks in that I'll have to reconfigure it in the new UI 2.0 environment, which has proven such a pain in the @ss that I gave up on my Cataphract tinkering and stuck with my original load out. Geez... I don't think I can even minimize MW:O while I check out the page and Smurphy's... I'll need to log out... what to do... what to do?

THIS!!!! ^^^^^^^

#74 Dnarvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, B.C.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 07 February 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Family Day on Monday is going to be a Me Day with these sales!

Must be on the Left side, as I will also be grinding a new mech out on Monday.

Was talking with people about wishing the Ilya or Firebrand would go on sale.... now it is time to pick.

#75 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 07 February 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

I poke fun at PGI, tongue firmly planted within cheek, but I still must take advantage of that 50% off discount. Thanks PGI... but could you please prioritize some of those points I made in my kidding-rant? :P

I think the first patch of March brings us a Smurfy clone mechlab.

#76 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

50% off makes them reasonable. Nice sale, keep it up PGI.

#77 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 February 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

Dern I just bought a Firebrand

I know. I own almost all of them. Now I think I'll wait on getting hero mechs until they start going perpetually on sale like many of these. That way I can get more out of them and not feel so bad.

#78 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

Awesome, love these 50% off sales. Bought my first hero mech yesterday.

I was posting up previously hoping for the Ilya and sure enough here it is!!! I will be buying one.

Tempted to take a look at the Firebrand and the Dragon Slayer in smurfys to see what I can come up with on those platforms.

#79 ColdHeat

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCity of Brass

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

I would much really hope for a massive skins and colors sale. Never bought one of those till this day as to me they are ridicolously overpriced

#80 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostVoivode, on 07 February 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

I think the first patch of March brings us a Smurfy clone mechlab.

hope it gets rid of the annoying mouse over beeps and increases the font size too

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users