- - - - -

New Comer From Hawken

5 replies to this topic

#1 REGROUP

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

I have Joined mech warrior do to Hawken's resent Call of duty theme patch, hawken does not feel like a mech games anymore. (

I have come here in the hopes of a drastically better mech feel.

see you on the field.

#2 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Welcome aboard!! Highly recommend doing the tutorial if you haven't already. The Short Question, Short Answer thread is a great resource as well.

Other than that, I hope you like a steep learning curve, because once you get around that bend, it's even more fun!! :P

#3 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

Also, come to (all of) us if you need clarification or pointers. Always happy to help!

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

It's going to be a hugely different feel outside of light mechs (which can get you a similar-ish feel so long as you remember you only live once), and even then it'll feel more mech-like than Hawken.

For something wild to do next time you step into your mech press and hold the left CTRL key and move the mouse. Can't do that in Hawken.

#5 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Welcome :ph34r:

#6 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Welcome to MW:O. I hope you enjoy it.

The community can be rough sometimes, but it's still one of the friendliest I've seen in a while. Your first 25 matches you will get a cadet bonus, and you will also get a day of free premium time as well, if you use both simultaneously you can rake in about 12M C-bills, which will help you purchase and somewhat upgrade a mech (depending on cost you could fully pimp out a medium or heavy mech, and partially kit out an assault, lights are fairly cheap and with it you could probably get 3-4 of them).

save your C-Bills until you've experimented with the trial mechs, unless of course you already have found your sweet spot or your favorite mech.

More importantly, don't judge mechs by their performance when you first get them, they can be upgraded to be faster, cooler (heat-wise), turn and twist more and better....etc.

If you ever want a drop partner I would love to help. The game's dynamics change a lot when you drop with friends, or a coordinated group.

Get Teamspeak to play with groups, and this thread should have a directory of most TS public servers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users