Something to keep in mind

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

Just my 2 cents having been in a position that had to deal with issues before :)

You should keep in mind that there are Terms of Service for these boards.
Violating them may well get you banned from the boards.
Violating them may well get you banned from the game.

Both would suck seeing as how the game hasn't launched yet.

Choosing to disregard the TOS and or Rules of Conduct can lead to your being ignored or worse looked at as nothing better than a Troll. That means if you do have something useful to say there will be no one willing to listen to you.

This is the BT community NOT WoW or any of those other places that aren't near as close as some of us have become. This community is known for supporting each other. When we argue we tend to have civil and intelligent debates. Calling people names doesn't serve to add anything to your point. It does serve to turn most of us against anything you have to say.

That doesn't mean there shouldn't be arguments or disagreements or even the occassional flame war. It doesmean you should remember that there's another person on the other side of the screen (for that matter thousands of others) and you really should think before you post.

Again just my 2 cents but keep in mind actions and posts DO have consequences.

Note: There is a difference between IC Roleplaying and trying to be nasty IRL.

Edited by Kyll Long, 15 November 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#2 xMarshallx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

And more importantly, if you **** people off, they may come hunting you down once the game goes live. So think long and hard before you say something to me that you might regret.

#3 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

LOL You tell em THE :)

#4 xMarshallx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

View PostKyll Long, on 15 November 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

LOL You tell em THE :)

This is a perfect example of what not to say to me and should be noted and adhered to by the rest of the community, otherwise, the consequences may be too much for you to handle.

#5 jezebel

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

Is "You're killin' me, Smalls!" acceptable?

#6 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, ahhh-ahhh-ahh-ahhhhh-ahh-ah-al-righty then.

It should probably be noted that it's also a good idea to actually read what's been said since the last time you posted, and to ask for clarification before just going off at someone who might actually have a good idea you failed to read. This means don't read just the first sentence and go ballistic; it also means giving a poster the benefit of the doubt and trying to NOT blast them before actually intelligently considering what they're saying.

This goes both ways, Kyll. Good evening.

#7 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

View PostThe Sniper, on 15 November 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

And more importantly, if you **** people off, they may come hunting you down once the game goes live. So think long and hard before you say something to me that you might regret.

I'm pretty sure it's my sworn duty as a Jenner/Hussar pilot to **** people off...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users