Skye Rangers: Tamar Cavaliers Are Recruiting (Oceanic)

6 replies to this topic

#1 meridros

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

Are you in the Oceanic region and looking for a home? Are you looking for a friendly lance/brigade/regiment to drop with? Are you looking for somewhere with a no drama atmosphere?

Join the Skye Rangers!: Tamar Cavaliers Regiment. The Tamar Cavaliers are building towards becoming a power within the inner sphere. Overall the Skye Rangers offers you the opportunity to drop with people from all over the world any time you are online and the Tamar Cavaliers offers you a home. We have a range of Casual to hardcore players always willing to lend a hand for support or advice. The Cavaliers is hoping to build to be one of the premier and strongest regiments under the banner of the Skye Rangers. Tamar Cavaliers are primarily looking For players within the Oceanic region But the Skye Rangers as a whole are always looking to increase their strength.

Skye Rangers offer a full suite of tools and services via our website to fully support our 'mechwarriors as they drop into battle:

- A friendly, helpful, honorable and active community of ~800 fellow 'mechwarriors
- Regularly updated website news, events and archive system
- Standardized (but not too restrictive) set of Bylaws and Code of Conduct (rules/regs)
- Events calendar & unit match/tracking system for tourneys within the SR or vs. outside units
- Dedicated 100-slot TS3 server (with a 50-slot backup Mumble server)
- Robust Chat/PM/Messaging system
- Active User Forums
- Member-supported Gallery for art, posters & tactical maps, etc.
- Loads of MW/BT based fiction
- Fiction/canon lore based "Marketplace" which uses credits earned on the website which can be 'spent' in our own Skye Rangers store for canon/lore items to flesh out your "character"
- Fully user-editable profiles, can also add 'characters' under main display name for MWO
- Canon Lyran rank system
- Canon Lyran medal/award system based on contributions and merit
- Canon Patents of Nobility system for RP'ing & forum activity
- Extensive Brigade piloting tactics & suggested 'mech builds info
- Several Line and Support Regiments to participate in, catering to all styles of play (from fiction/art support to hardcore MWO play)
- MWO 'teams' for when the game launches, setup parallel with the regiments
- Robust Enjin CMS, everything is linked and cross-linked...simple website to navigate and it's tough to get too 'lost'

Happy Hunting, See you on the Battlefield.

Edited by meridros, 11 February 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#2 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:50 PM

Great Luck guys! Greetings from beautiful Tamar :ph34r:

#3 Alexander Carlile

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSetúbal

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

Well I've dropped with some of the guys (mainly Zeoll and Streak) several times and had a lot of fun together. I would love to do it again if our TZ are in sync again, because i'm in EU.
So if you are in the same TZ of these guys don't hesitate to join them, there is no greater bunch!

Posted Image

Edited by Alexander Carlile, 26 February 2014 - 02:02 AM.

#4 Ferrous Idaho

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image
The Tamar Cavaliers in the Skye Rangers Brigade are a great group of people. They have players from West Coast USA to Hong Kong and beyond so there is going to be someone to get a drop with. Other Regiments mechwarriors are always happy to help out too, so even if you cannot sleep at 2am, chances are you can get some drops in with these guys.

#5 dru666

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:50 AM

Greetings

Im a very new player as in the last tow days based on the east coast of Australia. i am still learning the ropes i own two mechs so far a commando and a hunchback which i must admit i have not had much luck with though im slowly getting the hang of things.

are you guys still recruiting for your lances as im looking a joining house steiner
regards
Dru

#6 Ferrous Idaho

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Yes dru666, we are still recruiting and would be happy to help new players getting into MWO.

#7 Cptn Goodvibes Pig of Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

G-day,

My tag name is Draughluin (after a big wolf from JRR Tolkien's Silmarillion) and I reside in Brisbane. I've been playing MWO since March this year and usually PUG alone, though occasionally with others over Teamspeak.

Currently I have nineteen mech bays which are occupied by seventeen mechs. My progress thus far is:

Light.
COM-TDK Commando - 25t - Master
COM-2D Commando (Stock) - 25t - Elite
FS9-E Firestarter - 35t - Elite
FS9-A Firestarter - 35t - Basic - will sell shortly
FS9-H Firestarter - 35t - Basic - will sell shortly

Medium.
CDA-X5 Cicada - 40t - Master
CDA-3M Cicada - 40t - Master
CN9-A Centurion - 50t - Master
HBK-GI Hunchback - 50t - Master
HBK-4SP Hunchback - 50t - Master
HBK-4P Hunchback (Stock) - 50t - Elite

Heavy.
TDR-9S Thunderbolt -65t - Master
TDR-5S Thunderbolt (Stock) - 65t - Elite
CTF-IM Cataphract - 70t - Master

Assault.
AS7-BH Atlas - 100t - Master
AS7-D-DC Atlas - 100t - Master
AS7-RS Atlas (Stock) - 100t - Elite

Plus four modules

The "stock" mechs are for participation in Tier 1 activities. These don't require the use of module slots and mastering them are not essential. I intend to master the Firestarter Ember before selling the remaining two Firestarter chasis. I'm not into the clan mechs (seen them in Mechwarrior 2) and am at a stage where I'm more concerned about new maps and community warfare.

I guess the first questions are why joining a unit is desirable and why the inner sphere, particulary that of House Steiner or the Lyran Commonwealth?

As to the first part, I forsee an increasing challenge to sucessful lone pugging with the introduction of clan mechs and that closer cooperation with regular lance members would be benificial in addressing this. Additionally, there seems to be activities such as "inner sphere wars" or the like, which probably requires membership to an established unit. On the second part, I was prompted to research where exactly Australia rated in this particular future and what were the likey origins of my own mech inventory. I came to the conclusion that it is predominantly House Steiner or the Lyran Commonwealth.

Some points of non interest to explain my rationale for this choice:

There is actually a planet called "Australia" in some backwater of the Lyran Commonwealth. A boring banking / finance world sometimes garrisoned by the 11th Lyran Regulars. A thoroughly mediocre unit, which is perhaps in tune with my own sub-par mechwarrior abilities. Further investigation to the sources of my inventory of mechs could disclose the following tidbits of information.

COM-Commando - produced locally, Conventry Metal Works.
FS9-Firestarter - produced locally, Conventry Metal Works.
CDA-Cicada - later models supplied by the Free Worlds league to fight the Clans.
HBK-Hunchback - produced locally, Coventry Metal Works, Norse-Storm Technologies Inc.
CN9-Centurion - sourced through Federated Suns alliance.
TDR-Thunderbolt - produced locally, Blackstone Battlemechs Ltd.
CTF-Cataphract - sourced through Federated Suns alliance.
AS7-Atlas - produced locally, Defiance Industries.

As it seems that the Lyran Commonwealth predominantly fields assault or heavy mechs and having no mechs within the eighty to eighty five ton bracket, I think this dictates that the Stalker series, built by Defiance Industries & Trellshire Heavy Industries will be filling my remaining empty mech bays.

From previous posts, I gather that the Skye Rangers are fairly easy going and assume that members of the Tamar Cavaliers branch get together at convenient Australian times on a particular TS chat channel. I'll await further posts in regard to this and possible enrolement to the unit.

Regards,
Draughluin

Edited by Draughluin, 28 June 2014 - 09:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users