Weapon Positioning In Exact Hardpoint Of Choice

6 replies to this topic

#1 Tschekal

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

There is an issue with exact weapon positioning in hardpoints of one Mech section.

I read the workaround before in some other posts scattered somewhere. Sorry i didnt found it again so please request for quote.

I post it again cause my opinion is it´s worth sticky, maybe im wrong. :(

If you want your weapon in an hardpoint of your choice placed, you have to know that the oldest weapon bought is placed on top hardpoint in one section and so on.

Example:

3 Missile Hardpoints at Right Torso

Choosen placement:
LRM 20 topmost
LRM 5 second top
LRM 5 third top

Result:
LRM 5 topmost
LRM 20 second top
LRM 5 third top

Thats because of your LRM 5 is older than your LRM 20.

Workaround:
- Unequip your topmost LRM 5. Your LRM 20 should now be topmost.
- Save (checkout^^) your Mech.
- Sell it or equip it in an other Mech.
- Equip an new LRM 5 and save.

New result:
LRM 20 topmost
LRM 5
LRM 5

I tried this with different Mechs and Weapons but i could be wrong. If anyone can confirm please vote for sticky.

thx

#2 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

i tried it with Hunchi and 3ballistics, u can place 2mg on top and an ac5/uac5/ac2 in the lowest slot, looks weird anyway, but it doesnt work with the ac10/20 and gauss, they are always placed into the upper bal slot.

#3 Cylian

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

Doesn't work anymore, sadly.

#4 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

Hi,

weapons or equipment moving around on it's own has bothered me for some time. i do believe pgi is working on it but it will take time for them to come back and rework previous chassis.

for example, in a Shadow hawk, the one w/ 3 ballistics, you can indeed choose the exact location you want the exact cannon. you can test for yourselves, if possible, in the mech lab with an AC2 and dual Machine Guns. You can position the AC and MG wherever you'd like.

this is a feature we'd like to see across all mechs, and pgi, my raven really really wants that narc tube to turn into a 6 tube.

:)

#5 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:07 AM

This can be further complicated by mechs trying to equip stuff where they "think" it should go (it does this a lot with missiles in the side torso of an Atlas DDC).

I know it *did* used to work, I would not be hugely surprised if they broke it with UI2.

#6 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostBattlestar3k, on 14 February 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

i tried it with Hunchi and 3ballistics, u can place 2mg on top and an ac5/uac5/ac2 in the lowest slot, looks weird anyway, but it doesnt work with the ac10/20 and gauss, they are always placed into the upper bal slot.

after re outfitting my chassis i can no longer equip the AC on the lowest part of the shadowhawk w/ dual MGs on top, thought I'd say so. now it acts like it did previously, like i can't choose a location it just picks it for me :D

#7 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:48 AM

it looks like there are no real rules currently, tried some builts,some smaller ac work, the big boys are always on top. i really hope the clan weaponpods work better ^^

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users