Fans Running On New Ui

6 replies to this topic

#1 condor1X1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

hey guys

When i am navigating or anytime i am in the new user interface UI2.0 my video card fans turn on....i assume they turn on when they are under a load/stress/doing some processing work.

this did not happen with the old user interface; though they would spin up when i played the game.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same thing happen with their video cards.

my system...

windows 7 64 bit
Intel core I3-3225
16 gig Ram
AMD Radeon HD 7800 series 2 gig memory

thx in adavance :D

#2 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

I don't understand all the paranoia about PC components heating up when they are being utilized. If your PC is properly designed and constructed, then heat will never be an issue. The problem is that with PCs, or PC components, you get what you pay for (unless you are ignorant and get ripped off).

#3 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

in the new ui their is more graphic load, if your worried about your temps download MSI afterburner and check the temps. I would be more worried about the fan's not turning on at all even at low load they should be running. on my 7870's they are always at a minimum of 40% of max speed with no load.

Edited by Shamous13, 12 February 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#4 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

Its because the new UI is running full screen, so higher res (one assumes) therefore more demanding of your hardware. You can manualy set the game to run in window, at any res, which is fine for the mechlab and will kep your gfx card quiet. Why the ability to run the mechlab windowed and the game fullscreen was removed is beyond me.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostBP Raven, on 12 February 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Why the ability to run the mechlab windowed and the game fullscreen was removed is beyond me.

It's because players were screaming for a full-screen Mech Lab. It was their #1 request for UI2.0 by far.

I couldn't care less one way or the other. Windowed was fine before, and full-screen is fine now.

OP: Your GPU fans are spinning faster because there is more load due to the Mech Lab being higher resolution now. They were probably spinning before, but now they are spinning faster, causing more air noise.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 12 February 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#6 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 12 February 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

It's because players were screaming for a full-screen Mech Lab. It was their #1 request for UI2.0 by far.

I couldn't care less one way or the other. Windowed was fine before, and full-screen is fine now.

OP: Your GPU fans are spinning faster because there is more load due to the Mech Lab being higher resolution now. They were probably spinning before, but now they are spinning faster, causing more air noise.

That's fine, but i don't get why they removed the *option* of running the mechlab in a window, it's much more convienient when you're doing other things at the same time.

#7 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Also, settings were defaulted to full-screen windowed, which takes a little more horsepower than just fullscreen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users