Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#201 Fluffy Kitten

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationplanetside

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

thanks for all the answers, it's refreshing to see this sort of attitude from the company!

#202 Deconstructor

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

How to buy a "Founder's BattleMech" separately?
What if I'm not interested: "tag, credits, premium, value & early access"?

#203 Teageltron

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

It has been stated that the founders mechs are "Elite". Does this mean that the get the benefits of an Elite mech in the leveling tree, or will it only be classified as a "Prime" variant as you stated earlier and have to be leveled up as such?

Edited by Teageltron, 19 June 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#204 Gaigebacca

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostGaigebacca, on 19 June 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Will the ingame currency system work similar to Blacklight: Retribution? Where you can rent equipment for a certain time frame, or pay a much higher cost to own it permanently? How far will the real cash currency take us as far as permanently owned equipment/mechs in game? Also, will real cash be the only way to buy items permanently, and earned c-bills can only be used to rent items?

Would still like an answer regarding this... Have a hard time spending hard money on something that may just end up being temporary...

#205 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Ok, this question may have been asked, I tried searching but everytime I try the sight times out and boots me! So here goes..

I'm honestly not interested in any of these mechs. I am however very interested in supporting PGI. The milisecond I am allowed to, I am defecting to the Clans, getting into my Hellbringer and never looking back. Have you guys considered a Clan founders package in the future? Or maybe considered a a transfer of the founders mech to a clan mech for players like me? Thanks! :angry:

#206 DCM Mandark

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLuthien

i got 1 questions about this post from the devs update PLEASE CLARIFY !! (that is no longer part of the update)

I should say that it is logical that this next round of beta testers will likely be drawn from those early purchasers of the founders program; it only makes sense since they have shown such dedication and are quite likely to be excellent beta testers.

any more info on this
PLEASE EXPLAIN !!
what are my odds now of getting into beta

Edited by DCM Mandark, 19 June 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#207 ChargerIIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 490 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

I really just have one question - If I buy one of the lower tiers now will I be able to upgrade to a higher tier later?

I know I want at least elite, but would hate to spend another $120 to get legendary if I changed my mind later.

#208 Fred Sampson

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts

Will the founder's mech 25% c-bill boost stack with the 50% premium account boost? IE, will someone piloting a founder's mech while using an active premium account get 175% of the c-bills received by someone piloting a normal mech with a standard account?

Thanks.

#209 Natedog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington

If you bought the legendary package and have all 4 mechs do you still get one other free mech at start, as a starter mech?

(sorry if this has been asked already, there are 11 pages of posts and it's slow going trying to wade through them).

#210 00dlez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

Yes the hard point are the same. Less unique but this also means that they will take the place of the prime variant in the Mech trees so you will already be on your way with that path.

Also for clarity it is a C-Bill booster not XP

Premium account gives a boost to both but the Mech gives a boost to C-Bills.

Trust me over a lifetime of the product this is a really powerfull thing.

No doubt, but just not for my money. Especially as more and more variants are released, I suspect that I will want to use those variants less and less. Things I do want are faster XP and more mech slots, both of which will be getting the $60 I "saved" by not buying Legendary.

#211 ChargerIIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 490 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I really just have one question - If I buy one of the lower tiers now will I be able to upgrade to a higher tier later?

I know I want at least elite, but would hate to spend another $120 to get legendary if I changed my mind later.

#212 Gleep

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts
  • Locationengland

When will you be releasing more specific information on when the Final Game will be released.

i am happy to wait but a date for Full game release would be nice

Gleep

#213 Icebag

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Is it possible to change mechs after ordering short of cancelling?

#214 Fidget Arkanian

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts
  • LocationThe Frozen Wastes....

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Russ, do the bonuses stack for Founder's Mech + Prem account? As in you get your premium account C-Bill amount then your Mech bonus takes all that and gives its bonus or are we just seeing both bonuses based on the baseline C-Bill amount?

Thanks!

#215 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Russ, thanks for taking the time!

Two questions:

1) Does the Founders Mech from the Elite Tier replace your starting Mech, or is it in addition to?

2) Can you change the skin on the Founder's Mechs? I notice they use slightly different models.

#216 3Nt1tY

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Euro players - for hopefully all the clarity needed

You can spend your MC and in short get all of your founders rewards etc. If you stay on the NA server...great. If you leave you take all your stuff with you...no downside at all here.

Sorry if this is obvious but, does this mean we eu players have to spend all the MC BEFORE transferring to an eu server?

#217 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostJalen, on 19 June 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Is there a possibility to upgrade your Founders purchase during the Founders period? Say from Veteran to Elite/Legendary or Elite to Legendary?

Yes

#218 Mirage

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hello, thanks for answering the communities questions. Listening and answering to the community is becoming a rare practice with developers. Not PGI though!

My question was asked earlier in this thread, and not answered. It is a small detail in comparison to some of the other questions; will there be the ability to change your name? I know I'd just like to capitalize mine properly :angry:

Thanks a lot, and goodluck!

Edited by mirage, 19 June 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#219 daniel castelo

• PipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 59 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

I just wanted to know what kinds of stuff I can buy with the $80 bucks

#220 Slystone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

View Postlogicaltightrope, on 19 June 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

If I buy an elite package and wish to upgrade to Lenendary, can I do that? Will I have to pay the full $120 or the $60 difference?

I just did for $60 more.

Edited by Slystone, 19 June 2012 - 11:05 AM.

54 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 54 guests, 0 anonymous users