Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#341 Diligent Gravy

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

I have two confirmed payments, (one more than I need for legendary) with no response. I am assuming a heavy server load but what should I do about the second payment I do not need? Id rather not be out a second $120. I can wait to get the legendary thing as I have a payment authorized to PGI but rather not pay for two.

Any ideas on what I should do here sirs?

Thanks!
DG

#342 MiniChiken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 107 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

I'm getting an error stating "[color=#80001C][#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.[/color]" while trying to click on my forum profile page. Are you aware of this?

#343 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostDeathshade8, on 19 June 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

I see that a few folks are asking about the "Mech Tree" I didn't see you respond to that. I am assuming it is some type of progression to better mechs or more choices on mechs maybe.

It is nothing directly ltied to the Founder's and was already answered.

The tree is separate for each class and you can choose one at the start, then advance in the class to get more mechs meaning more customsation, but no better mechs. :D

EDIT: Ninja'd by a dev... wish I was a Clanner to challenge him to a Trial. :lol:

Edited by Adridos, 19 June 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#344 Paladinred

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostMiniChiken, on 19 June 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

I'm getting an error stating "[color=#80001C][#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.[/color]" while trying to click on my forum profile page. Are you aware of this?

Ditto to this!

#345 L Eliminateur

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Russ,
Will there be a wipe from clsed to open beta or from beta to release?
i ask this because of the XP and C-bills, will we lose them?

Edited by L Eliminateur, 19 June 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#346 Chrysagon

Rookie

• 1 posts

This may have already been answered; but, how long will the Founder's package be offered?

#347 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostMiniChiken, on 19 June 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

I think they are because there are already some topics because of that...even if I'm only a single person without any insight of program codes and so on I would say that will change as soon as the big run for the founder packages is getting less... :D

#348 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Typical Chiken, try to be patient as I think the forum servers head was cut off and it's panicking.

#349 Sharkath

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

Russ, thank you for answering these questions and taking time out to do this.

Here's mine:

I notice you said you were going to be pulling more keys out for those who bought Founders. What can we expect to see or experience/hope for in this upcoming week? What could you say our chances for Founders going to look like?

#350 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hi Russ,
Will I be able to change faction in the game, say from a Lone Wolf, to a Merc Unit, to a House Unit, and/or Clan? and will there be a cost/penalty for doing so? This question has a direct bearing on the number of Founders packages I will be purchasing (although not on the ammount I will be spending).
Thanks

#351 MiniChiken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 107 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 19 June 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

Typical Chiken, try to be patient as I think the forum servers head was cut off and it's panicking.

Just asking if they're aware, i'm sitting here at work trying to leave the office so this isn't my top concern right now.

#352 Valatar

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Since we're rebooting the Q&A from page 16, gonna repost this one as it still hasn't been asked by anybody:

The $80 in-game currency, is that C-Bills, or a magical real-money-only currency that isn't possible to earn from shooting things? I'm curious about whether it can buy things that can't be bought with C-Bills, or if the $80 is just to start out with a giant pile of C-Bill cash in the bank.

You gave the example of buying mechs with it, are mechs all that are going to be in that store, or are there other toys like paint jobs, garage slots, XP boosters, etc. also in there?

#353 AsakuraZero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

russ what are your impression on the turn out of the founders and more importantly

Latin america its allowed to pay for the founders pack ? or its just like EU?

#354 BlindProphet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 228 posts

*For in-game currency, Founders’ accounts will be credited beginning August 7th with a non-refundable amount of in-game currency equivalent to the retail cost set out in each package above ($40 value for VETERAN Founders, $80 value for LEGENDARY and ELITE Founders), and those credits may be used for in-game purchases of virtual items only.

So does this mean there will be no wipe between closed beta and open and open and release? Will their be a wipe? Will we get credited back anything we spend between the 7th and the wipe? Are we just screwed if there is a wipe and we've spent some?

#355 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Ok I'm putting more info into my question.

I bought veteran twice and it upgraded into elite founder. On the Email that was sent to me said, "Selected Mech: NONE" does this mean I don't get a c-bill boosted mech? Where do I go to cancel this if this is bugged?

#356 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

View PostRazor 1, on 19 June 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

Outstanding ! I'm all set.

One question in regards to the confirmed email with all data based on purchase, Will this be completed internally on the system
or will you need to input data at the time of the launch to activate purchase.

Thanks.

Should be all automatic

#357 ODD JOB

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

I would like to know what will the monthly charge be to keep playing the game..or once we buy the founders pack can we play the free to play side..as I am on a limited income and if I drop $120 to then have to pay $19.95 a month to continue play..that will make me buy a smaller package..please answer this so I know what to buy

Thanks Russ for a great game

ODD JOB

#358 XTRMNTR2K

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Just want to say a big thank you to you, Russ, for taking the time to answer our questions. Since it's been made clear that people from outside NA won't have any disadvantages (well, except for lag maybe) I couldn't hit that "BUY ELITE" button fast enough. :D

I'm glad it seems this is such a huge success (given all the Legendaries around here!) and I'm really looking forward to play the game on August, 7th (or earlier should the Gods of Closed Beta decide to make me a chosen one).

#359 Shoki

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Anyone who buys a Founders Package whether Elite or legendary will still have 4 empty mech bay slots on top of the Mech's they get with Founders.

SOLD!

#360 Brinxter

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

Since the Founders mechs are just prime variants with a c-bill bonus, can i deduce from that that i could give any mech a c-bill bonus with an in store purchase?

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users