Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#421 Drgnman

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Will all founder pack buyer be given the same chance to get a beta key for the closed beta invites you're planing to release prior to Aug 7th or are you putting preffrence to Legendary members first

#422 firefox117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Ive tried 3 different credit cards and my pay pal account, and everything keeps getting declined, what gives?

#423 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostWoodstock, on 19 June 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

You still have not given us any information about he founders mechs.

What hardpoints will they have in each location?

What jump jet options will they have?

What is their default configuation?

View PostNikoliy, on 19 June 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

already answered earlier in this post
and it is answered in the Email announcement
Atlas AS7-D
Hunchback HBK-4G
Catapult CPLT-C1
Jenner JR7-D

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Jenner
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hunchback
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Catapult
http://www.sarna.net...las_(BattleMech

Those are the Prime (aka default) varients of the founder mechs. The weapons they come with are shown in the yellow on the right..

And no, you can't change the varient from a cata C1 to a K2

Only founder mechs that have Jump jets are the jenner and catapult..and the hardpoints are determined by the default weapon setup...

Edited by Shadowscythe, 19 June 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#424 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostTelpher, on 19 June 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

ok .1 question.
what if im from EU ..all mechs from Legendary pack goes with me to UE server or stay on US??....
or i should wait for ..EU server???

yes ...they confirmed a one time only server move with all your possessions

#425 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostDreager96, on 19 June 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Will those people who Bought founder's pack's be placed on the Beta earlier, we are supporting the game besides reading the forum's and posting. I read about the closed beta 2 dates but for 120.00 we should get the beta right away?

My hope is to invite some of the founders into CB1 right away but I do have a bandwidth limitation until we get onto the full production hardware on July 10th when we go CB2

Okay guys I have to cut this off....help each other out as best you can

#426 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Did anyone in the office giggle in delight when the servers almost got DoS'd from all the user activity?

Edited by trycksh0t, 19 June 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#427 Countdownboy

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

why isnt it possible to try the beta first and then buy a founder pack ?

#428 Springer Prime

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMetroplex, Wa

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostJadePanther, on 19 June 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

having to choose your founders mech on a pre-order is a kind of gamble at best isnt it.. without the battle experience in the current gameplay model the decision is somewhat of a blind one, with only drawing on past games experience. this is a new step in the model of gameplay and the game engine, whos to say we decide we dont like our choice..

1. will you guys allow us to be able to make a change in our choice later?

2 . Couldn't have u guys given us an in-game redeemable option to choose our founders mech later after we had some battle time in?

Seems to me that this whole pre-order thing is a huge gamble period. I mean spending $120 for a game when you dont even have a taste for how it plays? For those of us that Arent in the beta test... Even if I had the extra expendible income... I cant imagine playing an extra $120 when I have no idea how the game will play or even if I will like it. Trust me, no one loves anything Battletech related more than I do. Im just being a schrewd steward of my money. I considered the $60. But wow $120. For mechs that are the same as normal in game mechs (except for extra C-bill bonus). Im glad you are getting the support for the project you need.

Springer Prime

#429 Alfred VonGunn

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

View Postfluffycommunist, on 19 June 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

I don't mean to steal a question away but somehow my name didn't capitalize correctly. Will there be any way in the future to modify this name since it makes me look dumb?

Do you really think Capital Letters will make that look less silly?

#430 Kenshar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for making the separate post for charging issues. Only 1 question now....

It has been stated that after founders is open to the public they will have the first chances when new beta keys come out. Will Legendary members have an even higher standing in this group?

#431 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

View Posttrycksh0t, on 19 June 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

Did anyone in the office giggle in delight when the servers almost got DoS'd from all the user activity?

almost? i´ve been kicked off right after i purchased the pack, and then couldn´t get back in for about 30 minutes :)

#432 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostCountdownboy, on 19 June 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Its call FOUNDERs for a reason..

We ALL want this game because we love MW and BT..

If I had been offered to pay this to ENSURE the game existed after seeing the 3015 video in 2009 I would have.

Right now is when I am sure money is probably critical, they have a LOT of servers to buy.. so think of it as buying your place in the server farm :)

#433 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

because it´s a beta (google "beta test") and not a free trial...

View PostChuckie, on 19 June 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

so think of it as buying your place in the server farm :)

i want a server to be named "Adrienne" :D

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 19 June 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#434 ShadowMech84

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRiverside, CA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

My hope is to invite some of the founders into CB1 right away but I do have a bandwidth limitation until we get onto the full production hardware on July 10th when we go CB2

Okay guys I have to cut this off....help each other out as best you can

Hey Russ,

When I filled out the beta registration form I was on my old PC and hadn't yet ordered the parts for my new rig. I have since built a whole new rig specifically for this game. I also have bought "Founder Legendary." My question is: Is there any way I can update my beta signup form with my new system specs to possibly have a better shot at getting into beta testing? I figure that my posted specs are keeping me from being considered, being that my old rig was over 10 years old. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, and congrats on the, seemingly, successful launch of "Operation Inception."

#435 firefox117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hey, having an issue. I cant buy the game. The stupid pay system has rejected 3 credit cards (says declined on all of them) and my paypal account. Yes, all my info is right and plenty of money in all those accounts.

Im stationed in Japan with the US Military, and using all my stateside billing addresses. Are you guys blocking this in Japan or what?

#436 Fear Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostBroddr, on 19 June 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

I'm a little confused on your pricing? $10 a month = $30 since we only get three months / $15 per 'Mech*4 = 60, that's $90...where did we get $170 from? Not complaining im glad to be a Legendary member. just curious...

You forgot the $80 worth on in-game money.

#437 Giverous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

View PostDreager96, on 19 June 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Will those people who Bought founder's pack's be placed on the Beta earlier, we are supporting the game besides reading the forum's and posting. I read about the closed beta 2 dates but for 120.00 we should get the beta right away?

no, no you shouldn't. Is it listed on the purchase page?

#438 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

As they have said in
http://mwomercs.com/...eveloper-update
They are limited to 10k for the first closed beta. On July 10th they will start the second closed beta the numbers invited will probably be limited by hardware(drawn from those early purchasers of the Founder’s Program). Then on Aug 7th they will have all the hardware necessary to allow all the Founders to be injected into beta. They have said that their will be no wipes after Aug 7th.

#439 Fear Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

View Postfirefox117, on 19 June 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Hey, having an issue. I cant buy the game. The stupid pay system has rejected 3 credit cards (says declined on all of them) and my paypal account. Yes, all my info is right and plenty of money in all those accounts.

Im stationed in Japan with the US Military, and using all my stateside billing addresses. Are you guys blocking this in Japan or what?

I think it's the server load. Don't think they were quite ready for it. I had this problem too, just wait awhile and try again.

#440 Accuso

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationDresden, Germany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

hi everyone...

my mainconcerns are...

1. will the founders pack will be avaible for european servers anytime or just for the us servers...
2. in case i buy a founders pack for the us servers... will i be able to us it on european servers as soon as they are avaible...
3. how long will the founders packs be on sale... will i be able to buy one once question 1 and 2 are answered... even if that means it will be after the 7th august

thx u for you answers... have a nice day

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users