Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#441 Crisis Averted

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGalway, Ireland

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

View Postfirefox117, on 19 June 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Hey, having an issue. I cant buy the game. The stupid pay system has rejected 3 credit cards (says declined on all of them) and my paypal account. Yes, all my info is right and plenty of money in all those accounts.

Im stationed in Japan with the US Military, and using all my stateside billing addresses. Are you guys blocking this in Japan or what?

Nowhere is blocked but there is issues with cards/paypal being rejected. They're taking a hammering so I'd say just try again later and it should go through.

#442 HedgeHog1

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSt Peters, MO

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

View Postfirefox117, on 19 June 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Hey, having an issue. I cant buy the game. The stupid pay system has rejected 3 credit cards (says declined on all of them) and my paypal account. Yes, all my info is right and plenty of money in all those accounts.

Im stationed in Japan with the US Military, and using all my stateside billing addresses. Are you guys blocking this in Japan or what?

I had the same thing. First you might be getting server disconnects if a lot of ppl are trying to get it at the same time. That happened when it opened up. Also, Paypal called me they think its a possible fraud and once you ok it then you can try to purchase it again and it will go through. I a had 3 cancelled charges before I got the phone call.

#443 Cobweb

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

I noticed a number of people saying they might switch their accounts around, how long is the package available for?

#444 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

I've been looking for an answer but haven't found any (search function looks disabled)

Is it possible to buy a founders pack as a gift? It's my brother's birthday and it'd be one of his gifts.

#445 takashi

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Locationhttp://www.nilaya112.com/tracking.html

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostMiG77, on 19 June 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

What is the speed of unladen sparrow? On serious note are founder mechs exactly same as normal starter mech (except that bonus you get)

...and a unique skin :)

#446 HedgeHog1

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSt Peters, MO

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostAccuso, on 19 June 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

hi everyone...

my mainconcerns are...

1. will the founders pack will be avaible for european servers anytime or just for the us servers...
2. in case i buy a founders pack for the us servers... will i be able to us it on european servers as soon as they are avaible...
3. how long will the founders packs be on sale... will i be able to buy one once question 1 and 2 are answered... even if that means it will be after the 7th august

thx u for you answers... have a nice day

2. and 3. were already answered.
2. it can be transfered to the EU servers after they go live and you wont lose anything.
3. nothing definate on howlong it will be availale but Russ side atleast 4 weeks.

#447 tweeder

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts

Thanks for the Q&A Russ. I fall in the boat of waiting for teh monies, but I'll be getting the legendary pack ASAP.

Congrats to everyone else!!

#448 Crisis Averted

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGalway, Ireland

View PostCobweb, on 19 June 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

I noticed a number of people saying they might switch their accounts around, how long is the package available for?

Russ guesstimated around 4 weeks

#449 Gromkey Blackwind

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Founder Mechs.. same as other mechs correct? just having premium account gets you more exp and cbills correct?

#450 HedgeHog1

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSt Peters, MO

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostSybreed, on 19 June 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

I've been looking for an answer but haven't found any (search function looks disabled)

Is it possible to buy a founders pack as a gift? It's my brother's birthday and it'd be one of his gifts.

Gift option isn't available yet and they didn't have a date.

#451 Gromkey Blackwind

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

sorry we are getting pounded.

ohhhh yeaaaaa! :) TWSS

#452 RedHairDave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! what a great game. i hope it lasts forever, or till you make mw:o 2, where i will buy the legand....wait for it......dary package again.

#453 Ishtar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationVirginia/DC

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

Okay everyone let's start a live chat here.

Give me all your founders questions but I can't promise I will have all of your answers here my hope is that this thread will give those people still deciding some more information they feel they need.

Okay someone start us off!

Will there be a secret release of new keys for founds ppl ? =)

#454 Kadix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 169 posts
  • LocationIronhold

View PostKadix, on 19 June 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

I was hoping to pilot a Centurion. Will "founder" quality mechs (with the bonus to C-Bills) be available for purchase later, or will players forever be limited to these four "founder" mechs if they want the bonus?

Do the bonuses for a premium account and a founder mech stack? 50% premium + 25% mech = 75% bonus?

Can I please get an answer to this question from back on page four?

#455 ScientificMethod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 263 posts

View PostAccuso, on 19 June 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

hi everyone...

my mainconcerns are...

1. will the founders pack will be avaible for european servers anytime or just for the us servers...
2. in case i buy a founders pack for the us servers... will i be able to us it on european servers as soon as they are avaible...
3. how long will the founders packs be on sale... will i be able to buy one once question 1 and 2 are answered... even if that means it will be after the 7th august

thx u for you answers... have a nice day

1. I read in the past somewhere that you can buy right now and play as well, they aren't going to do any blocking. Just be prepared for some lag.
2. Once European servers are online you will have an option to permanently move your account to the European servers.
3. I don't think Founder's will be on sale all that long. (Can't remember the specific date)

I guess I was a bit slow in responding to this though, oops

Edited by ScientificMethod, 19 June 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#456 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Okay to help sumarize here's the Google+ post from Mechwarrior Online.

Okay so Russ was clarifying stuff relating to the founders packs and here's the skinny I pulled out of the conversation:

1. All founder packs that have mechs will still leave you with 4 extra garage slots. That means if you buy the Legendary pack you will have 8 slots, 4 of which will be filled.

2. All founder mechs are the PRIME Variants, i.e. the sarna.net defaults in the sidebar mechs. This also means they overwrite the "first tier" defaults for each of these mechs. As such they are fully customizable and have the exact same hard-points as the non-founder variants. The only bonus is the paint and a lifetime 25% C-bill bonus.

3. You MAY upgrade packages up to August 7th. So buy early and upgrade if you can' t pay for it all now. Also sales should be open to at least July 15th. (he's not confirming past that point)

4. The "month of premium" provides a 50% Boost to XP and C-bills. The Founder mech 25% bonus to C-bills STACKS with the premium time.

5. All you EU and other place players will be allowed to move whatever you have on the NA server to the EU server FOR FREE when the EU (or wherever) server opens.

6. The "$80 of in game money" is "ballpark subject to change" equal to about 8 Medium mechs. So about $10 a medium mech. We're guesstimating that you can probably get 6 Heavies and 4 Assaults with that money. TOTAL CONJECTURE AT THIS POINT AND NOT CONFIRMED!

I hope this helps you make any purchasing decisions! :)

#457 Gromkey Blackwind

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

I would like to know which mech will earn the most C Bills of the 4 founder mechs.. as in.. how the exp is added.. is it damage..or kills.. I thought i found this thread but nows a great time to answer again! :)

#458 Alfred VonGunn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostArgon3, on 19 June 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Petrified

It would be nice if the $120 for the Legendary actually gave you more in the way of C -bills than elite.

Yes but it does not

Sure, 4 founders mechs, but what are they?
It is posted on page 10 as specific mechs and has been out in genral form for A LONG TIME
Atlas Catapult Hunchback Jenner

What can we do with them (think customize)?
Just like all the others.....

I want to know that it is fiscally better than simply dropping $60 for the Elite package and then spending $60 additional on C-bills which could buy me more than I am getting in Legendary. Game credit is nice, but not enough to bridge the gap in price.

Then don't buy it

Read before you post people

It also gives you an extra month of Premium.

#459 HedgeHog1

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSt Peters, MO

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostKadix, on 19 June 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

Can I please get an answer to this question from back on page four?

Well Russ did say the bonuses do stack but they didn't say if their would be more premium account type mechs for sale later.

#460 kelmar6821

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

The difference between me spending 0$ and $60 is whether or not i can put ppcs on my founders catapult. I don't understand what this primevariant stuff is, its been over a month since I read the mechlab devblog. Can i get a quick answer to this question

Thank you very much.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users