45 replies to this topic

#21 AlanEsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

View PostXhaleon, on 15 November 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

Beta soon, Mechwarrior!

Highly unlikely. This would be much too early for a beta, given the amount of info (or lack thereof) provided on the progress of this game so far.

#22 Xmetal

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

Lol maybe in another 6 yrs ,,,or was it 10 years when this was supposed to come out

#23 Deliverator

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

They have to be further along in the process than they are admitting... the game is set to release in about 8 months... Based on the rate of information release from the dev crew I am guessing they are trying to keep most of it in the shadows so that they don't over promise and under deliver. Everything they have said is vague at this point. I am anticipating we will have very little information until either a beta is released or the game is damn near being released. I do anticipate MWO to have a huge fanbase to begin with, and I hope that it is of the quality that we are all hoping for. If it is, I would anticipate a significant growth over the first year of game release. As far as a beta, they definitely need to release a beta early being as it is a F2P game. This allows them to look at how the game is being played and get feedback on what should be available via real money and what should only be available with in game currency/experience. It can also give them ideas about where to take the game in the future and what they could add to it.

I vote we need a beta soon, mostly so that you Devs can really get a handle on how the audience is appreciating your game, and see what might need tweaking.

#24 AlanEsh

• The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

View PostDeliverator, on 16 November 2011 - 09:53 AM, said:

They have to be further along in the process than they are admitting... the game is set to release in about 8 months

I thought it was slated for "second half of 2012" which could easily mean 1 year or (has this ever happened??) it may slip a month or three.

I think a 6-8 month beta would be good, but I don't think we're that close to release.

#25 Gravitas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 139 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

I know I love my local MechWarrior Training Simulators. I invite all public to tour them when possible! :)

#26 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

View PostWil_Scarlet, on 15 November 2011 - 09:28 PM, said:

I swear I wont look at any more ****

Don't make the Big Man any promises you can't keep. That's kind of a steep one there.

#27 Deliverator

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

View PostAngelicon, on 16 November 2011 - 10:14 AM, said:

I thought it was slated for "second half of 2012" which could easily mean 1 year or (has this ever happened??) it may slip a month or three.

I think a 6-8 month beta would be good, but I don't think we're that close to release.

Well considering its November... and its set to release "Summer 2012" and summer ends in August... lets see here... December, January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August. So at MOST 9 months. Unless they update their release date I'm going to assume they are still planning to release it in the Summer of 2012. This may not happen, they may postpone. But based on the time table they have given us, I have come to the conclusion that they are nearing completion.

#28 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

Agreed, Deliverator. Now, I'm going to go read the new posts in this section.

#29 CT Sparty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 118 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec, CA

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

View PostForsakened, on 15 November 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

Thank goodness for forums, design art, and a new Mechwarrior to fuel my need for mechanized chaos daydreams, at least till the game is released.

Aye aye, thxs 100 times to them for keeping the dream alive but shall we all awake soon?

#30 Thoth

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:13 AM

I doubt Beta would be coming that quick. Perhaps in the New Year.

#31 AlanEsh

• The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

View PostDeliverator, on 16 November 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

Well considering its November... and its set to release "Summer 2012" and summer ends in August... lets see here... December, January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August. So at MOST 9 months. Unless they update their release date I'm going to assume they are still planning to release it in the Summer of 2012. This may not happen, they may postpone. But based on the time table they have given us, I have come to the conclusion that they are nearing completion.

Well one of us needs to find where they stated either "summer 2012" or "second half of 2012" to settle this :)

#32 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

Go to the home page of this site and watch the cards up-top flip for a while. One of them says Summer 2012, unless of course they removed it.

Yep, it's still there.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 18 November 2011 - 01:03 PM.

#33 Melissia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

I think this news post just caused gamergasm in several fans.

A bit premature I think :)

#34 CT Sparty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 118 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec, CA

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

View PostMelissia, on 18 November 2011 - 03:05 PM, said:

I think this news post just caused gamergasm in several fans.

A bit premature I think :)

Aff, I totally agree.
Good thing we can still shoot at each other on MP3.1 everynight meanwhile^^
It keeps us all "turned on" meanwhile...
<S>

#35 Deliverator

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

My definition of "soon" is within the next 90 days. I anticipate a beta coming out by February unless they push back their release date. Like I've been saying all along, I am guessing that they are further along in the process than they are leading us to believe because they haven't updated that release date.

#36 rollermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

Well I'm under the impression that they licensed the digital rights of Mechwarrior from Microsoft and it is a timed licensed. Also that they are supposed to prepare a product within certain time limit. And it seems to be Summer 2012.

Well, at least thats what I seem to recall from the earliest interviews. By hook or by crook they have to get the game ready in Summer 2012...

I really hope they are actually further along in the game development than what they've been telling us. Wish them all the best.

#37 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

View Postrollermint, on 20 November 2011 - 09:23 AM, said:

Well I'm under the impression that they licensed the digital rights of Mechwarrior from Microsoft and it is a timed licensed. Also that they are supposed to prepare a product within certain time limit. And it seems to be Summer 2012.

Well, at least thats what I seem to recall from the earliest interviews. By hook or by crook they have to get the game ready in Summer 2012...

I really hope they are actually further along in the game development than what they've been telling us. Wish them all the best.

I hope thats not the case if so it puts them in the same boat that EA/ Kemsai was in.

#38 Deliverator

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

The good news about f2p is they can release a barebones game and be like "See its out!" and keep working on it.

#39 AlanEsh

• The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 18 November 2011 - 01:02 PM, said:

Go to the home page of this site and watch the cards up-top flip for a while. One of them says Summer 2012, unless of course they removed it.

Yep, it's still there.

Ah thanks... i peek at this site during the work day and have Adblocked most images so couldn't see that :lol:

#40 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

Sure, no problem at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users