Heat Sinks & Customization

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Heat Sinks & Customization (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support OP's suggestion?

1. Yes (9 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. No (7 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

3. Abstain (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:50 AM

Per the topic. Do you support the removal of the 10 heat sink minimum requirement?

This will greatly increase customization for light mechs. Plus with the current Ghost Heat system in place the penalty for heavier mechs ignoring their heat sinks in favor of fire power (which has happened before) will be doubly effected by ignoring their heat sinks.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

I'd prefer for the base 10 sinks to be built directly into the engine instead of having to sometimes be placed outside of it. This would free up a lot of critical slots on Locust, Commando, and some Spider builds. Note that the engine weight would be increased accordingly to accommodate the sinks being inside of it.

#3 Supersmacky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 239 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

I am not in favor of this. Ghost heat already gets us away from BT and introduces problem. You won't fix things by getting even farther from the core system. Should ghost heat should be removed? Yes. Should adding the 10 heat sinks to the engine automatically (adjusting the weight accordingly if needed)? Yes. Introducing another change that makes this even less like Battletech/Mechwarrior? No.

#4 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

There are a few things that would help minimum-weight mechs to be more viable. One of the big ones is reducing/removing the heat sink minimum.

I'd also like to see 20-tonners get the same leg armor proportionality that every other mech does (match the total of side torso armor).

#5 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

. You won't fix things by getting even farther from the core system.

I disagree. Adhering to the core system has been the problem all along. This isnt a turn-based tabletop game. Its a live action fps game. The fact they tried to incorporate values from tabletop and make them work is the whole reason this game is such a balance mess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users