- - - - -

In Game Mech Stats And Mc/nc

25 replies to this topic

#1 Espionage07

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Hi all

Been playing the game for about 5 hours and i love it espically with the maxed graphics ontop of the cry engine.

Just wondering about in game mech stats, is the way to make them show up via a mod or something?

Tips on the best mods if any?

Are there ever any discount sales that happen for what i think is called MC or NC?

Does this game have clans or major corporations that use teamspeak and work together?
(Australian)

Are the mecs bought with money the best ones in the game?

Thank you for any help

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

An actual sale on MC itself has only happened once in the 1.5 years I've been playing.

Usually, sales are on 'Mechs that you can buy with MC.

There is no "best in the game" 'Mech. There is only "best for you" 'Mech. I have bought several 'Mechs for money, but none of them was the best for me. They only offer extra choices.

There are units from Australia that play, and they certainly use TeamSpeak or other such voice programs. Look in the Merc Corps -- Outreach forum for their advertisements.

As far as stats ... are you talking about wins/losses, how many kills and assists you get, plus weapon accuracy and such? Those can be found on the website by clicking Profile at the top, then clicking Stats in the small menu below. Make sure you're logged into the web site first, of course.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 14 February 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#3 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

1. No, there aren't really any mods for this game apart from basic user.cfg tweaks to things like FoV. Exactly what do you mean by "in game 'Mech stats" though?

2. They only usually discount MC once or teice a year, but they constantly have discounts on MC-only itms.

3. Yes, there are a ton of groups who play together regularly. Check here for units that are recruiting: http://mwomercs.com/...corps-outreach/

4. No, the game isn't pay to win. A very few of the Hero 'Mechs (which are the ones that are only buyable with real money, and give you 30% more c-bills earnings) are better than their free brthren -- such as the Yen Lo Wang, or the Misery -- but on the whole they're equal to, or not as good as, the other variants.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

There are no mods. you can see most of a mech's stats in the game client by going to Mechlab, change the pull-down from "owned" to "purchasable", and you can mouse-over the mechs for details. Visiting http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ will also provide lots of details, as well an an offline building tool

Sales on the purchase cost for MC are rare, generally only once a year. more frequently, there are sales on the actual items one can buy with MC, mechs, premium time, colours & camo, GXP conversion,etc.

The game has a HUGE segment of the population using Teamspeak and other VOIP to play together in groups, mercs, house units, etc Here is a nice, if slightly old list http://mwomercs.com/...e-chat-servers/

Mechs hat are cash-only come in a few varieties, and none of them are better than mechs bought with in-game currency. Buting Hero mechs gives you a very handy C-bill bonus and unique hardpoints, but they are not regarded as better than non-hero mechs. Champion mechs have the same loadout as regular mechs but have an XP bonus.

#5 Espionage07

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

By stats i meant the actual stats of mecs themselves armor and firepower, not sure what the correct terms are yet been less then a day playing the game. Ill give myself a few weeks before joining clans and such so ill know all the basics first. Also please link a out of game mech guide with weapon stats and such

If i purchase a certain camo pattern will that be unlocked for all future mecs or just that mec alone?

What would you say is the best money purchased mec?

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

Best spot for viewing mech stats, weapon stats, everything http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

Camo patterns have two different types of unlock.
  • limited use patterns are for one mech only and for one application only; if you change the pattern the previous one is lost (you may change colours)
  • permenent unlocks are for all variants of that chassis ,fro any number of applications. If you apply it to a Hunchback you csn use it on all your Hunchbacks, but would have to pay again to use it on a Shadowhawk.
That being said, unless you play to change the pattern more than ten times among all variants of one chassis, its cheaper to buy the limited use pattern at 10% the price.

Best Hero mech is a matter of opinion, strongly dependent on how you want to play. An Ember is very, very different than an Ilya Muromets.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 14 February 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#7 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

The 'Mech stats are available in the Mech Lab. Once there, click Filter in the upper left and choose Purchasable. That will show you all 'Mechs available. Hover your mouse over one, and the stats will fly out to the right.

Best advice for real-money 'Mechs -- DO NOT buy them until you are absolutely sure you will like them. Only consider an Ilya Muromets if you really like playing the other Cataphracts. Only consider the Boar's Head if you really like playing the other Atlases.

You said you were going to wait a few weeks to join a unit. That's good advice for the real-money 'Mechs too. Find out what you like to play first.

#8 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Just for the uber skeptical that may read this down the road, +1 for the money mechs not being OP or P2W.

#9 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

To see an enemy 'Mechs loadout in game, press "R" and you'll target it - its weapon loadout and a paper doll showing the 'Mechs damage will show up in the top right corner of your screen.

#10 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

Click here for your stats

Click here for a new player guide with links to further info

The strongest mechs in the game (at the moment: Cataphract 3D, Highlander 733C) are free. You can quickly earn enough cash with your free 24 hours of premium time to buy and fully upgrade a competitive loadout. It takes more time to fully unlock all skills (requires buying and leveling 3 mechs, which will take some time) and modules (lots of GXP, which is earned slowly).

Hero mechs provide unique loadouts, but most importantly, they offer a permanent grind reduction option (30% more Cbills). Other than that, you pay for fluff like paint jobs or cockpit items, and for the ability to field more mechs (apart from free 4 for everyone, mechbays are MC-only).

There are no mods. To prevent cheating, it is explicitly forbidden to modify MWO apart from user.cfg settings. This is typical in the free to play model.

Edited by Modo44, 14 February 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#11 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

Check the top of the forum for stickies -- great references! Yes there are lots of teamspeaks out there for anyone -- any group -- check out my tier list and videos and especially the community resources at the end. Also, check out mwo smurfy -- google it for a mech lab, mech details, weapons.. also check out reddit.com/r/outreachhpg and finally good no guts no galaxy and check out Sean Lang and friends -- podcasts, videos, teamspeaks, mech builds and so much more.

This game has so much to it and so much potential, you'll find the community really passionate about it and the future...

And don't forget your free day of premium time when you download the game.. check the download page again.. this will increase your cadet cbill bonus of 9 million for the first 25 games and give you an extra 5 million! Which is huge!

This weekend is double XP so any xp you earn using the trial mech is doubled for when you buy the mech...

Try to stay away from the trial Stalker -- it's fragile and tough to use btw!!

Enjoy!

Edited by MavRCK, 14 February 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#12 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

Just a note: The "firepower" stat doesn't actually mean much. Don't base your decision on that. Don't look at the stock loadout either (except maybe the engine) as those parts can be swapped out (the engine can be swapped as well, but they are very expensive to buy and most players use the same engine in multiple mechs by moving them between matches). What you want to base all your mech purchasing decisions around are the tonnage, hardpoints, whether it can have jump jets, and possibly, can it hold an ecm (ecm is a pretty specific decision and only a few mechs can mount it). Other thing to consider are where the weapons are mounted--high or low--and the overal hitboxes of the mech (or in general, does x mech have good hitboxes?)

Edit: Oh, and are the arms able to move horizonatally away from the torso or not? One might also consider tweaks, but they usually aren't a huge difference other than max engine rating.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 15 February 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#13 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

MC Sales: Every Christmas and Black Friday. That's really it. Usually 20%.

OP: They recently changed the UI and this version is REALLY buggy, confusing, and missing features. Among those are stats on 'mechs you want to buy. This should be corrected next month.

I am shocked nobody has pointed you here yet: Smurfy's.

This site will let you pre-build 'mechs but also get an exact list of stats on every 'mech in the game, including all the details not listed in mechlab. It'll also save you tons of cbills and frustration as you can put together a 'mech before you even start to buy the parts, and know what you're working towards.

It'll really save you so much frustration, for sure!

#14 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 15 February 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

I am shocked nobody has pointed you here yet: Smurfy's.

Vercinix's guide contains that link, among others. No need to be redundant.

#15 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostModo44, on 15 February 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Vercinix's guide contains that link, among others. No need to be redundant.

It's best to be pointed out nevertheless, important website.

#16 Espionage07

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:37 AM

I extended my premium for another 30 days been playing the champion trail mechs till i can get 5000xp for the zoom upgrade i find it hard to hit targets even when using a 40inch tv. Thank you for the information on guides and different mechs, the only issue im having with the game is after matches i get stuck on connecting. I noticed that if i leave a game as i die then maybe it wont happen or after the match however anything timed outside of that means getting stuck on connecting. Its really annoying and takes away the possibility of getting a good couple of hours into the game.

#17 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

If you're having trouble drawing a bead on enemies, try lowering your mouse sensitivity a little. Helped me to no end.

The 'Connecting...' bug is known, and as far as I know they're working on a solution. Hopefully it'll come with the next patch.

#18 Espionage07

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

I see people typing LRM's Lock targets alot what does it mean? Does it have something to do with the TAG or does it help team members spot the enemy?

#19 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 14 February 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Just for the uber skeptical that may read this down the road, +1 for the money mechs not being OP or P2W.

Yep. There's a couple Heroes that have been adopted as popular 'mechs in the top tier community, but the vast majority are Cbill. MW:O is one of the least P2W F2P games out there, the one thing they've consistently done right.

View PostEspionage07, on 17 February 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

I see people typing LRM's Lock targets alot what does it mean? Does it have something to do with the TAG or does it help team members spot the enemy?

If you lock an enemy target, people with LRMs can indirectly fire at it while you hold lock. It's very useful. R to lock targets by the way.

PS: In the corner of the lock you'll see a letter; this is the ID marker for the unit to all allies, so you can call prime target with just a single letter. It's currently bugged where it's spinning/changing, which should not be happening and is likely to be fixed in the next patch, as it's a known issue. But it's still useful!

#20 Espionage07

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

Thanks for help victor :lol:

I looking at very expensive mechs in the clan collection whats that all about?
Can they be used in combat or are they clan related im clueless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users