Quick-Access To The Social Interface

1 reply to this topic

#1 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

The current social frame is extremely uncomfortable. And instead of of going into design details, let me present a possible solution instead:
Apply a simple shortcut to open/close it, like the TAB key for example.

Advantages:
  • The left hand is on the keyboard anyway, so all requirements are met already (except one, see below)
  • instant access to social stuff, then instant mechlab, then instant social stuff again. No time lost, no cursor moving-searching, no confusion about what button to press to actually leave the damn thing.
  • very easy to implement - it basically does what the social button does (plus closing, which the button should do too). --> cost-efficient way to help PGI make it real
  • additional requirement: give a visible hint right near the social button, so people have a chance to get it. A simple tooltip "Social interface [TAB]" works, I promise!

If anyone is interested in improving his design knowledge by learning why exactly the current interface is bad, feel free to PM me. I'll gladly spread some knowledge to those who care.
This suggestion is more of a workaround, but it's probably the thing that has the highest chance to happen (while still fixing the issue) due to the low cost.

Edited by Denolven, 14 February 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

Totally, it should be a persistent part of the interface not an add on. The current UI2.0 is attrocious from a UX point of view. 4 clicks to exit the game. 3-4 clicks to see my skills on a mech I currently have selected etc... needs some serious working over

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users