Terrain Without Hitbox Issues Please

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Fix Terrain Hitbox (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the terrain hitboxes fixed

1. Yes, I would like my rounds to go where they are supposed to (6 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No, don't take away my invisible walls (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

Would you like to have terrain/buildings to not have invisible walls sticking 10 meters out of them?

#2 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

in a shooting game this is kind of a big deal so i agree :)
i believe cry engine should be able to give you options to better clip the corners of buildings and stuff, the problem is sometimes in the map there is a building which has rounder corners, but the hitmodel on it is just a simple box, for detection convenience.
sometimes this is fine and good, but in river city for example there should be a little bit of a cleanup - in fact all maps could use a little bit more work on the clipping models for the map objects. the terrain itself isn't that bad., the buildings are the worst offenders

#3 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostTyrnea Smurf, on 11 February 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

Yes they customed their scale in MWO iirc because of how they have upscaled the native cryengine scale prospective.The cryengine they are using is set at normal human scale, and PGI expanded it - its one of the reasons why often shots hit walls and ridgelines despite the fact it looks clearly like you have plenty of room, your running into some of the scaling fudging they have done.

this might provide a clue

#4 Vegetal Maldito

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

It's specially bad in HPG, right below the antenna, with those huge round pillars. Shooting someone there is ridiculous...

#5 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Dont forget that frequently the weapons you are firing are 5-10 meters from where you are. there are problems but not that bad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users