- - - - -

Can You Buy Mc With A Visa Gift Card?

8 replies to this topic

#1 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

i found old posts about buying MC with a gift card but didnt find a clear answer or consensus.1 person wrote i can buy a giftcard and register it with visa , then buy MC (it doesnt go thru if you dont register the card, i read) anybody have a precise answer?

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

you can use a pre-paid Visa.

#3 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

thanks
you do have more posts than any sane person.
only mech pit builders and spider pilots are crazier i guess

does it have to be a prepaid card or can a 'gift card' be used?

Edited by EyeDie I, 10 August 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#4 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

I think we would need to either dig up old threads (which may contain outdated information) or wait for an official response on this one.

EyeDie I, make sure to follow this topic on the top right corner of the webpage (to the right of the thread title at the top) so you'll immediately know when someone responds to your question.

#5 Relic1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationDying at the end of your cheese build!

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

I use my Visa Debit card.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

saying "a gift card" is incredibly vague.

I did just notice that MWO now accepts payments via Ultimate Game Card, which can be purchased in many retail stores.

If your issue is that you do not have a credit card, I'd invest in a prepaid credit card (no credit required, but usable anywhere credit cards are accepted!) but Ultimate Game Cards are also usable.

If your issue is you already have a gift card of sort some, then you'd probably have to spend it to buy an acceptable payment method

Edited by Redshift2k5, 10 August 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

*Posts just to test his post count.*

Sheesh, even I have more posts than a sane person.

Far as any actual purchase is concerned, the card must be backed by a credit company that Ultimate Pay (Playspan) will accept. So yes Visa would work.

But then you must remember that the Visa card must not be tied to a specific store. A Walmart giftcard, for example, won't work. It's tied to Walmart. Limited to purchases from Walmart.

Just because a gift card has "Visa" on it, doesn't mean it isn't tied. So make sure to go for a Prepaid Card, or one that doesn't say a very specific store or location.

Edited by Koniving, 10 August 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#8 Ishanaut

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

with the dsi you can buy cards with codes on them that can be redeemed and are available in stores. I don't have a credit card but do these gift cards exist for MC?

Edited by Ishanaut, 16 February 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#9 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Little confused. What is dsi? I'd say, if it's a card number that correlates to a generic prepaid credit card like visa or mastercard you should be able to use it, even if you only have the numbers (electronic gift card, in essence). They should work like the real thing. Make sure it is a generic one though, as Koniving pointed out. Today I rang a customer up using a visa rebate card that had staples rewards logo on it, but it must have been a rebate as a result of staples, not a staples card itself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users