Premium Horror

33 replies to this topic

#21 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

dont buy premium time. Dont buy hero mechs. Dont buy consumables dont buy mechs, dont buy paint.
buy the only thing you need to, mech bays.

You will be much happier.
btw. im serious.

#22 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

The problem is that cash grabbing PGI doesnt want to give an option to its player base. Especially an option that might save its players money. Just not that hard to see. 500 dollar mechs, 240 dollar mech packages, 50 dollar hero mechs, rare MC sales ... PGI is grabbing all the money it can till we are all gone. PGI isnt even shy about it.

#23 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostZolaz, on 17 February 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

The problem is that cash grabbing PGI doesnt want to give an option to its player base. Especially an option that might save its players money. Just not that hard to see. 500 dollar mechs, 240 dollar mech packages, 50 dollar hero mechs, rare MC sales ... PGI is grabbing all the money it can till we are all gone. PGI isnt even shy about it.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Well all opinions are valid they say, this one doesn't make much sense to me but it's definitely valid for you

#24 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

It's just like your cable TV subscription.
You cannot demand the cable company to pay you back for days/hours you don't get to watch TV.

#25 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I don't think they will change to 'only used when playing.'

However, I would like to Activate banked time by the day. Say I have 3 days saved, I Activate 1 and save the other 2 for other days to get max usage out of them.

#26 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

View PostNaduk, on 16 February 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

can somebody tell me why premium time ticks off when your not even logged in ?

Is this a serious question?

#27 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

every other game i play , any boosts or xp upgrades or income injectors only apply when your playing the game
even battlefields boosts only count when you have spawned, thats right you can sit in the menu and it wont tick over

View Postxengk, on 17 February 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

It's just like your cable TV subscription.
You cannot demand the cable company to pay you back for days/hours you don't get to watch TV.

if i had cable tv, i would also have some sort of Digital set top box, tivo or what ever they are called
you can record what ever shows you want to watch and view it at your discretion

due to my work i cannot sit and play this game for 10 hours straight let alone 24hrs
im lucky if i get a few hours a day

if i do not go to work i do not get paid, while at work i must perform various tasks to have it count as doing work and be paid

so somebody explain to me this
premium time costs PGI NOTHING to generate
it costs them nothing to add or subtract it from a players account (unless doing it manually for CSR reasons)
it never expires and it never runs out of supply, it does not need to be mined or harvested
yet we must pay for it
not only must we pay for it, but it evaporates at a speed that is impossible to gain any value from

if this was food , your meal would be rotten before you were half way through eating it

im not asking for handouts
i just want a little fairness for a system that will benefit players as much as the company

#28 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

You sound like you can't play the game at all if you don't have PT.

You have the choice of using PT, buying mechs with MC, or just taking a bit longer to get what you want.
Just see what gives you more profit.
If you use PT and play x hours for your 30day pack, or if you spend the same MC for x mechs, or if you spend your MC only for Mechbays and play the game as a game and have fun while you "wait" for enough CBills to get new stuff.

Ofc they could offer 5 matches for 150MC premium bonus, but somewhere the difference between match-numbers or days for PT would overlap and days would take over for efficiency anyways.
If you look at it like this, then PT 100% efficiency for MC price is at about 3-4h per day.
Now for players with more time, they have a lot more use and this gives them also a reason to play more.

Example1:
(numbers are for demonstration)
5 matches = 100 MC
vs
1 day = 150 MC
3 days = 300 MC
7 days = 600 MC

For a single day you could play 1-5 matches and would pay more MC and "waste" money, but if you play more games, you can get more out of it

For 3 days with less than 15 games you could use 300MC instead of 500MC and save money, but for anyone playing more than 15 games in 3 days, the 300MC of course comes up with better use.

Now for 7 days (and average 5 games), you would play 700MC for match-numbers or 600MC for 7-day package.

In your scenario, where you can't play much or often, the 7day pack would be not much better.
But if you just choose 2x 1-day pack and 1x 3-day pack, you can have 5 days of fun for the same price and get the PT for way more matches in one (the 5 days) evening.

The urge to use the time you "already paid for" is part of what gives players a reason to play.
If you see it more like a subscription (like WoW), you won't feel like wasting money.

All that said, you have to decide yourself, if you want to use MC for a little boost (30%), or just play the game and have fun 30% slower.
If you are not a collector (50+ mechs in a year), you don't NEED PT.
I got over 60 mechs, but my friends play the game like once a month with 6 mechs only and had them mastered and equipped in no time.

#29 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostNaduk, on 18 February 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

every other game i play , any boosts or xp upgrades or income injectors only apply when your playing the game
even battlefields boosts only count when you have spawned, thats right you can sit in the menu and it wont tick over

if i had cable tv, i would also have some sort of Digital set top box, tivo or what ever they are called
you can record what ever shows you want to watch and view it at your discretion

due to my work i cannot sit and play this game for 10 hours straight let alone 24hrs
im lucky if i get a few hours a day

if i do not go to work i do not get paid, while at work i must perform various tasks to have it count as doing work and be paid

so somebody explain to me this
premium time costs PGI NOTHING to generate
it costs them nothing to add or subtract it from a players account (unless doing it manually for CSR reasons)
it never expires and it never runs out of supply, it does not need to be mined or harvested
yet we must pay for it
not only must we pay for it, but it evaporates at a speed that is impossible to gain any value from

if this was food , your meal would be rotten before you were half way through eating it

im not asking for handouts
i just want a little fairness for a system that will benefit players as much as the company

It's been explained. You just don't like the explanations.

#30 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostNaduk, on 16 February 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

can somebody tell me why premium time ticks off when your not even logged in ?

i am putting out the call the for nonsense to stop

premium time should only count for play time
i would settle for logged in time (ticks down in mechlab ect)

Based on what precident? If you buy a monthly subscription to another service (NetFlix, World of Warcraft, whatever), does that month stop dependent upon your use?

#31 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

View Postmekabuser, on 17 February 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

dont buy premium time. Dont buy hero mechs. Dont buy consumables dont buy mechs, dont buy paint.
buy the only thing you need to, mech bays.

You will be much happier.
btw. im serious.

actually i value my time/fun ratio very different from you. If i want anew mech.. i buy a new mech. If i want some new paint. I buy some new paint. Why should i waste time doing things that are not fun ... I do that all day to earn money....

Any way back to the OP.

It is the same with magazine subscriptions, cable subscriptions, food, cinema-visits and so on and so forth.

None of them stop expiring just because you can´t partake in them.

Same with premium.

#32 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

So by this logic every minute your not playing WoW your being ripped off too?

#33 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

Id honestly never thought of it, but ya this would be really nice if it was implemented. Not like it would really hurt PGI much and make people pretty happy / more willing to actually get premum time.

#34 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 18 February 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

So by this logic every minute your not playing WoW your being ripped off too?

Of course not. He stays logged in all day long and records everything with fraps.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users