Better Clan Concept Art Gold Mech Art?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Arrogusss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

Just need to throw this out there if it hasn't been talked about already in detail.
I am really on the fence about purchasing ANY of the clan packages, or even the alaCarte, as I am Notorious for purchasing mechs even hero chassis only to find out I just can't play them. It's pretty crazy to think people will pre-purchase mechs for hundreds of dollars when we have no idea how they will play. It doesn't take long to search the forums a bit and find the lack of satisfaction from the phoenix mech packages people purchased.
ALL THAT and then some.... Where is the concept art for the GOLD MECHS? All I see is a little photoshop action recolor on a tiny pic. Really? You Devs want people to pre-purchase a mech chassis for the color alone without even giving a 360 degree concept art of each chassis for 250 dollars a mech? Totally outrageous.
1) Needs to be an option to purchase Gold mech seperate and add mechs alaCarte' if wanted. I might bite on a Gold Mech and 1 other clan variant for 320 dollars but not all for 500, thx anyways.
2) Need concept art. NOW not later.
3) Would be a good idea to add metallic silver, and a copper/bronze metallic. Let's say $250 Gold, $175 Silver, $150 Bronze.
4) Better Concept art... or have I made that point already?? O.K. THEN how about some figure prints or miniatures, figures like some 3d printers on here have come up with. I am sure you could take some of that $$$ and buy some licensing from topps or whoever it is.. COME ON NOW.

If anyone agrees or disagrees, or wants to start a new thread but better. PLEASE DO.
thx all.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

I wouldn't be buying the Gold mechs regardless, but I'm still feeling a little burnt by the difference between the awesome art I was sold with the phoenix pack (particularly the decals, like "OVERLORD" written on the Battlemaster) and what I actually got. I'm much more hesitant to buy mechs when there's just artwork and nothing else.

#3 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,818 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

How about the actual functions of the titles, war horns, and modules?

#4 Arrogusss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

Still waiting on GOLD concept art etc.... and I will keep bumping this regardless of no interest every couple days or so until I see some.
I actually miss the old large format, same background template concept art we used to get; that ended with the kintaro mech I think.
Come on Alex, go rogue and post what you got :(

#5 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

View PostArrogusss, on 19 February 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Still waiting on GOLD concept art etc.... and I will keep bumping this regardless of no interest every couple days or so until I see some.
I actually miss the old large format, same background template concept art we used to get; that ended with the kintaro mech I think.
Come on Alex, go rogue and post what you got :(

agreed, i want the regular concept art back that they have in the media section.

#6 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

I concur with the others; having learned my lesson about buying stuff "sight unseen" with the Phoenix Package, I'm hesitant to spend almost 3 times as much on the top tier Clan package (the $500 gold mechs don't count...nobody that has any respect for money would do such a thing :( ).

This may seem petty, but when I bought the Overlord package, I actually bought it for the design of the Overlord badge that was advertised — i.e., a BLACK star on a RED field...without the gradient (seen below).

Posted Image

When the badges were finally delivered, they were completely redesigned to what we have now, which was hugely disappointing for me, since that was a large reason why I pre-ordered the Phoenix package in the first place.

I didn't really even care about the mechs all that much because I knew they'd be for MC sale eventually. I was buying into the package for the extras.

So...until I see EXACTLY what I'm buying with the Clan extras, I can't pre-order anything.

Edited by Bhael Fire, 19 February 2014 - 07:54 PM.

#7 Arrogusss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostStingray1234, on 19 February 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

agreed, i want the regular concept art back that they have in the media section.

yup... kinda funny also that your sig has that "rise of the paper models" with the old concept art theme.

I really enjoyed all the work that went into the battle damage, decals, and color scheme of the old concept art mechs. Most spent more then a few days as desktop backgrounds.
Watched the most recent dev podcast and I even recall Alex talking about the Firestarter concept art and that he threw this and that in the drawings etc... but all I ever saw was the ember html background and the MC promo shot of the firestarter... unless someone can direct me to the artwork he is talking about.
-
For me it's not really about seeing EXACTLY what I am going to get, although that should be the way it is to some extent.
I understand that with the phoenix packages there was alot of disgust with the difference between the art and actual in game models. Maybe that is why we are being refused the beautiful artwork that we used to get???
I have played for about 1 year to the day... and I have wayyy more money into this game than I should. Especially seeing as I am the most successfull and enjoy playing only 3 or 4 different mechs. If I knew now what I didn't know then I could have saved myself hundreds and hundreds of dollars. I look at it as some do as supporting the franchise and salaries of the devs.. BUT I HAVE ALREADY SUPPORTED ENOUGH believe that. I am only interested in 2 clan mechs, one of which I would spring for gold..maybe. Without showing me some cool concept art, or in game models (subject to change whatever) you will not get 1 more dolllaaarrrr.
Still want the SILVER and BRONZE colors even more than the gold. Would be cool if they offered silver and bronze as a MC color for IS mechs. Would I drop 25 bucks more for a metallic silver..yeah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users