4 replies to this topic

#1 ogy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

I have just finished my 5th battle tech book . . .And one thing that pops out to me is the lack of heat created by movement / speed in the game. In the books moving at greater speed then say 75% is a real heat concern in battle . Is there any intention of including this in game ? It could make lights really consider when and where to use speed / weapons . . .

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

100% throttle is the equiv of 2 heatsinks from memory. More on hot maps. So a big mexh can be at 15% or more heat when flat out. Its not a lot but not insignificant.

I still want to see heat penalties for running hot. Where t slows youdown and mmaneuvering etc. Target gets flakey etc. Make running hot progressively worse not just on or off.

#3 ogy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:07 AM

Beads of sweat running down the screen obscuring your view . . .

PS the fan in the cockpit should make a difference !

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostFirewuff, on 20 February 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

I still want to see heat penalties for running hot. Where t slows youdown and mmaneuvering etc. Target gets flakey etc. Make running hot progressively worse not just on or off.

Interesting idea. A drop in mech performance above 85% heat (similar to running a smaller engine) would be interesting. Running around 95% would be similiar to being legged. I could see that as adding an interesting dynamic to the game.

I don't think I would want any additional affects though (like that target flaky thing you were hinting at), but just mech performance degradation till the mech cools.

View Postogy, on 20 February 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

Beads of sweat running down the screen obscuring your view . . .

PS the fan in the cockpit should make a difference !

Nah, I don't think that is a good idea. People complain about the cockpit glass effect and that is pretty minimal, I don't want to see what type of forum rage would come about from adding screen distortions due to sweat.

#5 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

Speed penalty I was thinking of wasn't quite that severe, more amount the lines of 1..5% abve 75% heat. It could be killer but worth it. With the glitches. More like about 90% the HUD flickers, mini map studders, small amounts of visible steam escapes. Possiblysome mmodules and equipment fails for 1 to 3 seconds such ecm, ams, 360 deg target retention etc. None of these are killer but just enough to be a real penalty. This would all be only very briefly as mechs can cool 10% in 1-2ses in most caase. Makes flamers more useful too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users