#1 wamX

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

I had an idea for this game type a while back and would love to see it become a reality.

The standard Skirmish rules apply a.k.a. shoot everything and kill everyone, however, lets give our mechbay engineers some love. Before each game, Players would choose a number of their mechs (Lets say 4 it sounds nice for talking) in a spawn order.

An example: (from my purchased mechs)

1st: CN9-A
2nd: DRG-5N
3rd: RVN-4X
4th SDR-5K

At the beginning of every match, each player would see the inside of their drop ship, as shown in the reveal trailer powering up and being prepped for battle. Following thus would be the drop from the ship to the ground (maybe 10 seconds in length?) on touchdown, the mech would be in the players control and the battle would continue on normal terms.

Now, during the fight, say someone pops off two shots on my cockpit, destroying my Centurion. The mech falls to the ground like any other game and the screen goes dark, only to come back as the pilot of the Dragon ready to continue fighting.

This also gives the game (perhaps this game-type only) to feature the eject button. Say I'm sitting in my Dragon with both arms and torsos gone...and I'm limping. I know i have two other battle mechs prepped and waiting and the current one is useless. (perhaps the game limit of mech is under 25% total health before ejection is allowed) I pull the cord and a couple seconds later I'm sitting in my Raven, ready to go.

I'd love to see some input on this idea and maybe if lucky, see it as a playable game type in the future.

-wamX

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users