Artillery Strike After You're Dead

2 replies to this topic

#1 D U S T Y

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

I've noticed on more than one occassion that I can call in an artillery strike within a few seconds after I've been destroyed. No, I am not forgetting about flight time or anything like that. I actually waited until I was falling over dead and then called it in. Sure enough, a few seconds later the arty came and dropped on the swarm of enemies that had just surrounded and killed me. For further proof, my death screen showed 1 amount of damage dealt, and the end screen showed another way higher. Again, I only called it in AFTER I was falling over dead. I havent tried this with an airstrike but I'm sure it has the same result. Can anyone else confirm this?

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

I've actually done it before, although it tends to waste the arty/airstrike.

So, yea, it does happen.

#3 D U S T Y

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 18 February 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

I've actually done it before, although it tends to waste the arty/airstrike.

An airstrike I can see because you don't know which direction it will fire, but the arty drops right on your dead carcass, which could deal some real damage from the grave. Especially while the mechs that just killed you pause a moment and look for their next target. I've had 200+ damage difference from the two screens and that could be make or break in a close match.

I know I would be pissed getting a leg blown off from a mech I just helped kill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users