#1 JigglyMoobs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

Or else this could happen to you:

Action starting act 3:30.

One of the worst mistakes I see new people make is that they go chasing after mechs that look vulnerable but are actually very hard to hit (lights), or mechs that they think are "their match" in terms of weight class and load out, to duel 1 v 1.

The reality is that this is a battle field with many players and your attention and weapons are best employed engaging the mechs that are A: the biggest threats, B: easier to hit and kill than lights and pop-tarts, and C: being engaged by other players on your team.

These guys are usually heavy mechs like Jagers and Cataphracts that are closest to you and your team mates, or worse yet, close by on your flank. Focus on these guys first and you can quickly eliminate a lot of pain. Ignore them, as the other team did me in the game above, and, well, the above happens.

Happy hunting mechwarriors! :rolleyes:

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 18 February 2014 - 10:51 PM.

#2 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

"This video is unavailable."

#3 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

View PostCurccu, on 18 February 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

"This video is unavailable."

Haha, you clicked to quickly. It was still processing! Now it should work.

PS - commentary is not me. Another guy on the premade recounting some prior matches. :rolleyes:

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 18 February 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#4 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:35 AM

View Postsneeking, on 19 February 2014 - 01:27 AM, said:

thats right, learn to ignore me (while I run about like a headless chook )

Yes, leave Sneeking for the pros. :rolleyes:

#5 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:58 AM

Pseudo pro mumbo jumbo.
Watching this was essentialy like seeing a playschool group beeing beaten up by some teen thugs.
Those two guys do nothing but repeating the same cheese cheese cheeeeese and my cheese is better than yours ( even if he simply doesn't know why exactly ) and now I'm just shooting my own light in the back principaly aiming at intact armor instead of shooting the already wounded side of an enemy an' oh by the way look how I just autofire the ACs and let them just jam, haha thank god the enemy is oviously just a couple of guys without a clue what they are doing in this game.

Nothing usefull to see here except mindless piloting on both sides.

Normaly a jaeger without a beefy meatshield is just a future scrap heap especialy if equiped with UACs only.
The reason it was ignored is normaly it wouldn't be a threat.

I would't take this as an exemplary situation.
Why ? : -- Tera Therma as map isn't comparable to all other maps.
-- Using a tripple UAC5 Jaeger as *ignored threat* is ..... meh just meh
-- The situations shown in the video where all mindless chickenrun.
There where no visible groups. Just some guys shooting at targets of opportunity.
The enemy team seemed to be distributed as single mechs all over the map.
So where should any threat assessment come from without information ?

The biggest threat in MWO is beeing shot by too many mechs or getting circled by the enemy.
First thing to do is keep your own numbers up and kill as quickly as possible enemy sources of fire.
So meds don't just run away and be triggerhappy. Orient towards the heavys and assaults.
Do a quick forray and fall back to your assaults and heavys.
Focus fire on the target the assault is shooting at.
Enemy paperdoll shows you where he is already damaged instead of pounding away at fresh armor try shooting at already damaged parts.
Destroying components doesn't only yield points and money but also reduces enemy firepower.
Running away or just running around or doing strafing runs at enemys yields the danger of friendly fire.
NEVER pass by into the LOS of an assault mech.
Even if he trys to avert shooting you he is too large and too slow to NOT hit you. ( and by the way I stoped caring if little jenner thinks overtaking me in a narrow valley without possibility to get out of the way is a good idea.... so be it )

Edited by The Basilisk, 19 February 2014 - 02:21 AM.

#6 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 19 February 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

Normaly a jaeger without a beefy meatshield is just a future scrap heap especialy if equiped with UACs only.
The reason it was ignored is normaly it wouldn't be a threat.

Haha, easy there bud, wasn't that the exactoint I was trying to make? Normally it would have been easy to suppress a jager or at least make it fire in bursts, but the enemy players here ignored me to disastrous consequences. :wacko:

-- The situations shown in the video where all mindless chickenrun.
There where no visible groups. Just some guys shooting at targets of opportunity.
The enemy team seemed to be distributed as single mechs all over the map.

They were disorganized initially from chasing down and killing our other lance, but of course most of them were new.

So where should any threat assessment come from without information ?

Simple. Ignore mechs you can't hit easily. Focus fire on exposed heavies, then assaults, then mediums. That's the advice and the point here.

The biggest threat in MWO is beeing shot by too many mechs or getting circled by the enemy.

Wrong. The biggest threat is the one that's going to kill or cripple your mech on the next 10 seconds. In this case it was a Jager and a phract going full dakka backed by arty and air strikes. :D

First thing to do is keep your own numbers up and kill as quickly as possible enemy sources of fire.
So meds don't just run away and be triggerhappy. Orient towards the heavys and assaults.

EXACTLY. This advice was for new guys who don't know this, not elite founders ;)

Do a quick forray and fall back to your assaults and heavys.
Focus fire on the target the assault is shooting at.
Enemy paperdoll shows you where he is already damaged instead of pounding away at fresh armor try shooting at already damaged parts.
Destroying components doesn't only yield points and money but also reduces enemy firepower.
Running away or just running around or doing strafing runs at enemys yields the danger of friendly fire.
NEVER pass by into the LOS of an assault mech.
Even if he trys to avert shooting you he is too large and too slow to NOT hit you. ( and by the way I stoped caring if little jenner thinks overtaking me in a narrow valley without possibility to get out of the way is a good idea.... so be it )

All good advice. The thing about Los is like the "Don't cross the streams!" Bit in Ghostbusters. You never do it, you expect bad things to happen, but some times you do it anyways. I've had some good pilots in the game walk directly in front of me while I was going full dakka or doing something similar. Why? Because they know that JigglyMoobs will stop firing and not hit them. They may not be so sure about Basilisk, but Jiggly is at least reliable. :D

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users