3 replies to this topic

#1 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

After reading a little about the new Starter Bundle packs and some of the critiques within, I thought it might be good to start a thread on bundle suggestions. I expect PGI to create and promote more packs in the future. So, list your suggested bundles for both old and new players along with the full price and what you feel the discounted price should be. Feel free to explain your reasonings as well.

#2 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

Hero mech + mechbay bundle.
Paint and camo bundle (one normal camo, 6 paint colours, 3 to make an actual camo, and the other three to make something fun)
Classy Camo - (bundle deal on ____ camo, unlocks the perm ____ camo for 3 or 5 mechs within a weight class. You choose the mechs)
I like their mech bundles. nice savings and neat package of stuff.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 19 February 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#3 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

Bargain Basement megastarterpack (aka... one one wants to buy these things and they are taking up space in our server warehouse)

Mechbays: 4
Light Mech: Locust
Medium Mech: Cicada (not the 3M)
Heavy Mech: Dragon
Asault Mech: Awsome

#4 TyrEol

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:58 AM

With a focus on new players I think another option is obviously multiple variants of one chassis to allow people to get the elite skills level on the new mechs in a similar way to how clan / pheonix bundles are constructed.

I think that going with champions while not a cbill grinder is actually good for two reasons

1) You get an out of the box mech that needs no expensive upgrades to get it working (not always the case with Heroes)
2) As a new player you've probably already played it during the trial period and have an idea if you like it or not

I'd suggest put these into the store when the mech goes on trial.

You need to think carefully about what mechs you put into the bundle to accommodate a range of play styles, for the hunchback I'd suggest these numbers are standard MC prices sources from Smurfy

HBK-4H 1460 (could go with the G for classic feel) for some ballistics
HBK-4SP 1455 (or maybe J) LRM potential or another laser option
HBK-4P(C) 1800 because its the champion with the decent kit out
3xmech bays 900
7 days 1250 (could go with 30 but 7 keeps the price down a little)

The base MC cost for this lot is 6865

I would suggest a discount of 50% making the price 3433, that's more than the 45% current pricing in recognition that most other people won't buy cbill non hero / non champion mechs for MC as they aren't on their own a good deal.

If they wanted a more attractive (than they've previously offered) deal that fitted nicely into an MC purchasing option then dropping that price to 3000 MC would make it simpler for people to buy.

Having said all that I don't think their current bundles are that bad, if you look at it this way: You get the champion to play now and the premium time to make some cbills to choose your other variants, I'd lose the vanity items though, as a new player those are of very limited interest IMO, they may want to drop the discount to 40% though as they aren't then shifting those vanity items and developers need to eat too.

In general I think bundle discounts of 30-50% seem realistic given the previous and current sales that PGI have put up.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users