11 replies to this topic

#1 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:17 AM

I decided to go ahead and pre-order a clan package but I noticed the purchase page is not https but http yet requesting my credit card and security code.

These conditions present a problem.

The problem is compounded. The link to log in on that interface does not accept my login, though clearly my login works, since I am able to post here.

Now, I understand that I will probably have better luck going through the active game client but I imagine it might be useful fr you to attend to the detail I noticed.

best wishes

~Tibs

#2 Vanguard836

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:10 AM

If I'm not mistaken the purchase is done via Playspan which should open another window, this window should be an HTTPS link.

Again, I could be wrong.

#3 Enigmos

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

If so, there is no assurance of a secure connection evident, and did not accept my MWO login. It seems foolhardy to even enter my mwo login let alone my credit card info.

Additionally, though the storefront provides an integrated way to buy MC, there isn't an integrated way to buy the clan package.

#4 Vanguard836

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

I recommend looking into the FAQ for the MC purchase thread. There's something about playspan that needs you to "recover" your password ( regular mwo one doesn't work ).

Other than this I don't have anymore info that I know of from experience with this topic. Sorry :/

Either an employee will check the thread or you could awlays send in a support ticket with what you mentionmed above.

#5 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

HTTPS is only used on the login screen because there is no reason to encrypt data once the login process is complete. The server keeps track of the session and will not allow any traffic to your account that didn't originate from the current session. Not without re-authenticating, anyway.

As far as the clan pack, they just pass the shopping cart information to play span. The card information is handled via HTTPS as usual. It doesn't show in the address bar because it's a frame.

Simply right click on the frame > View Frame Info and select the Connection tab. You'll see the SSL information, issuing authority, date, and encryption type:

Posted Image

#6 Azerius Mezinar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

So in order to log in to buy the clan pack, I have to create an UltimatePay account? Or do I tell them to recover my password? Kinda confused here.

#7 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

You shouldn't have to log in anywhere but the main MW:O site. Then click to get to the Clan page, and it should say your account name between the regular collections and the Gold Khan collections on the Clan page.

Then you can click to purchase one of the regular packages, or a Gold Khan package, or an a la carte purchase. It should have a new window pop up where you put in payment info. No need to log in at all.

#8 Azerius Mezinar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Cool, thanks. However, I figured out what the problem was; it turned out that the form didn't like Opera (the browser I was using when I made this post). Once I used I.E., it all went smoothly - even got the e-mail showing the receipt for what I got. Thanks all. :wacko:

#9 2ndBEAST

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

Hallo,

i like to inform you about a little "error" in the Timber Wolf specification window.

Spoiler

The Timber Wolf specification lists the following Hard Points:

Left Arm: 2 Energie

Right Arm: 2 Energie

Left Torso: 1 Energie, 1 Missile

Right Torso: 1 Energie, 1 Missle

Center Torso: 1 Ballistic -> Should be 2 Ballistic ?

The Weapons & Equipment lists the following Items:

Left Arm: ER Large Laser (Energy), ER Medium Laser (Energie) -> Right

Right Arm: ER Large Laser (Energy), ER Medium Laser (Energie) -> Right

Left Torso: Medium Pulse Laser (Energy), LRM 20 (Missile) -> Right

Right Torso: Machine Gun (Ballistic) ?, LRM 20 (Missle) -> Impossible (by the Leading Hard-Points)

Right Toso Should be: Medium Pulse Laser (Energy), LRM 20 (Missile)

Center Torso: Machine Gun (Ballistic) -> "Right"

Center Torso: 2x Machine Gun (Ballistic) -> maybe right - not sure

Greetings from Germany

Edited by 2ndBEAST, 17 March 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#10 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

Timber Wolf Prime in TT game has:

LA: ERLL, ERML
LT: LRM20, MPL
CT: MG
RT: LRM20, MG
RA: ERLL, ERML

They did say that some Omnis would have weapons and equipment that could not be removed. It's entirely possible that the MG in the RT is fixed, plus there is an empty Energy hardpoint. Or, it could be an error. 50/50 shot.

#11 Azerius Mezinar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

Okay, I just have one question that I would love answered by a PGI staffer:

When you buy the clan pack, do you have to redeem the purchase via a code (I know that in another game I play [Dungeons and Dragons Online], you buy the pack and have to redeem it via entering a code on their page), or is it already applied to my account, and no action need be taken (same deal for those monthly injections as incentives to purchase the clan stuff sooner)?

I would have to end up missing out on March's rewards on account of my not entering any codes (what is Redeem code for anyways?).

Thanks. :rolleyes:

#12 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostAzerius Mezinar, on 27 March 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Okay, I just have one question that I would love answered by a PGI staffer:

When you buy the clan pack, do you have to redeem the purchase via a code (I know that in another game I play [Dungeons and Dragons Online], you buy the pack and have to redeem it via entering a code on their page), or is it already applied to my account, and no action need be taken (same deal for those monthly injections as incentives to purchase the clan stuff sooner)?

I would have to end up missing out on March's rewards on account of my not entering any codes (what is Redeem code for anyways?).

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Already applied to your account, and no action need be taken.

Locking to starve zombies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users