1 reply to this topic

#1 MaelornDekal

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, US

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

My merc corp and I had an apiphany regarding the Inventory screen. We were searching for alternate engines, and realized that, if the Inventory screen showed the equipment that you owned and not just what is not installed, then it would be a lot easier to, for lack of a better term, take inventory of your spare parts.

Expanding on this idea, we thought that it would be nice if it showed what mech the desired equipment/module etc was installed on. We realized that that could create a huge "wall 'o text," so we tried to come up with a solution.

The un-installed equipment could be listed exactly as it is, but the installed equipment could be differentiated by, perhaps, a different color than its counterparts. Then, clicking on the installed item (ie XL 350 engine) would open a drop down menu showing all the mechs currently carrying an XL 350 engine. Clicking again on equipment in question would collapse the drop down menu, hiding said "wall 'o text." Taking the idea a bit further, you could then click on one of the mechs in the drop down menu, and it would take you straight to the mech lab, where you could, obviously, strip the engine for use in another chassis.

Adding a nifty little feature like this could really speed up the time spent hunting down that one weapons system that you "know you have somewhere, but can't remember where you left it." I hope that it is possible to write something like this into the code, and would love to see it implemented.

Thank you to the devs for this awesome, and sadly unappreciated at times, game. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to (hopefully) getting a reply from the devs, as well as some constructive feedback from the community.

See 'ya in the Verse!

-Maelorn "Viper" Dekal
XO, Browncoats 'n Independents Mercenary Corp.
"We aim to misbehave"

#2 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

Yeah, mechs have a limited sorting function [on their screen, such as sorting alphabetical or by price], looking forward to see [more sorting options] used for items as you point out in the future.

Edited by Praetor Shepard, 19 February 2014 - 11:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users