- - - - -

How Do I Join A Game

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ardan Sortec

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

So after signing up and logging on, I've been searching around the website (Amazing site, btw) for about a half hour now, and I still have no idea how to join or start a game. I can't be the first newbie to be confused about this, right? Help please? :wacko:

#2 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

I believe all there should be to it is going to the Mechlab, selecting a 'mech and hit "Play Now" in the corner. :wacko:

Forgive me if I have that button name wrong; the UI is new and I don't have the game in front of me right now. Does someone here have a screenshot to post for Ardan?

#3 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

First off, press the button marked download now, if you have not downloaded the client yet.(next to Support button) It is separate from the web site. What is called a client you have to download. PM me if you have further problems.

#4 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

After downloading the client and installing/patching you'll hit the sign in screen. Sign in and you'll be in the mechlab. Select your mech, which will be one of four trial mechs since you're new. And then press the green "Play Now" button. From there you can select a specific game mode or leave it on "Any" to get a random one. Press the affirmative on the at dialogue box and matchmaker will search for your drop.

If you are confused about how to download the client, sign in and scroll to the top of this page. At the top on the right side will be a blue box that says "Download Now". Click it and follow the prompts through downloading and installing. Expect a very long patch time following the installation.

Edited by Voivode, 19 February 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

The game program is about 4 GB fyi

#6 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Don't forget to claim 1 day of free premium time in the downloads page. If you've already downloaded the client, you'll have to reclick for the ad to appear (below). No re-downloading needed.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users