Players In Private Matches Getting Rewarded The Same As Those In Public Community Game Modes.

225 replies to this topic

Poll: Private Matches being rewarded.. (179 member(s) have cast votes)

Should players in private matches, when they are implemented, be ranked and rewarded with cbills and xp?

1. Yes (31 votes [17.32%])

Percentage of vote: 17.32%

2. No (148 votes [82.68%])

Percentage of vote: 82.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 February 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

Rich you haven't been here all that long, I have seen a few matches that made me raise an eyebrow about possible Aimbots during closed beta. there is also a site that supposedly will sell you the download for it. I have seen it.

Most of those sites are bogus, I have seen a site supposedly for gaining free MC. But you will probably virus your machine going to any of those sites. Real game hacks are private and cost money, and you need to go an underground site to find them. Some hack sites even have monthly subscriptions I kid you not. Kids in bf3 were paying 50 dollars a month for hacks.

I'm not saying they don't exist, but they must be very rare in MWO cause I never even thought i've seen one, or read about one officially, unlike in most other fps games.

But I'm sure Davions remarks were to imply that, if cheaters exist, of course they will cheat in a cheat-able game mode that doesn't even require 3rd party software? I don't have to go into how that affects the rest of the community anymore. Its been answered over and over again.

Spectating in this game is a great bot deterrent though. So is the grind. I'm sure PGI also has cheat protection in place. They do limit what you can edit in the cfg, would be cool if they made people run the repair tool occasional, but thats probably asking too much haha.

IMO, and i'm not just saying this, there is less bots in this game then any game I've ever played.

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#102 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:25 AM

That's a pretty fair assessment Rich! :) :D

#103 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

The point is they both get 0 points. So there is nothing for you to whine about!

They get 10k c-bills and 100 exp. And all whine is yours. You wanted an opinion I gave you an opinion. If you want to start 'RichAC hates all people who have friends and want to play this game with friends' thread keep me out of it.

read the previous statement... and again, you sound like your defending it by saying exploiters already exploit the game.....as if thats an excuse dude??? But once again, going afk or disconnecting, is not exploiting the game for easy rewards, but still griefing other players by disadvantaging one team.

You accuse me of defending exploiters then tell me to read my previous statement where I do not defend anything? Then you tell me how I am wrong by saying exact same thing I said. You do sound special.

Excuse for what? For me wanting to play with people I want to play rather than same exploiters and griefers?

Think for more than 2 seconds before you post something and actually read what others post before you do.

I would never have said such a thing. I'm all for private matches.... You used counterstrike, as an example of players progressing in xp and other rewards in private matches, which is the deabate here. hahaha. Are you sure your on planet earth dude? Because you must be playing counterstrike on mars.

This ...

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

Or just no sports sense. This is not an RPG COOP MMO friend, Its PVP an arena shooter as far as I'm concerned and should be treated like a sport.

... is your original comment that brought up 'arena shooter' and couter-strike discussion. To which I replied that 'arena shooters' also have private matches. It had nothing to do with 'example of players progressing in xp and other rewards in private matches'.

You have to pay if you want more then 4 mechs regardless of private matches, because you have to buy the mech bay slots. So your argument about private matches is invalid. Yes i defend the Devs, this game is not only f2p its not p2w either.

You get 4 free mechbays with free account. Those mechbays are not occupied by trial mechs. You do NOT have to pay anything to have more than 4 trial mechs. This was my original statement which you again failed to comprehend with your impressive reading skills.

I played last night. Havent' played today yet. ELO would be better if scores were calculated also, but when your W/L evens out, your scores should also, for most people. Again, the more people, the better the match maker is for guys on the bottom and top end of the spectrum. But Having a match maker is way better then no match maker at all my friend.

Haveing a completely broken matchmaker isn't any better than no matchmaker at all. Pick 24 people for a game at random and balancing would be same as it is now. Ever heard of 'law of large numbers'?

They want you to play the game period. If everyone just played private matches, people that aren't part of some clique, or those who prefer CW, would be left out, the community would be even smaller, and PGI would lose more money. Cliques of people playing private matches would be the only ones left in the game, I've seen it happen before.

Couple posts ago you claimed that me as a 'part of some clique' is 10% of MWO population and game won't lose much if we leave. Following that logic remaining 90% won't even notice it. But now you claim that if these same 10% leave than poor solo players will have nobody to play with.

It is very convinient for 'premade haters' to cry 'so many premades' when they are getting stomped and yet claim PGI needs to do everything in favor of solo players because premades are a vast minority of playerbase.

You can play their game or not. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Your already complaining about something you have yet to see, which means, it would not matter to you regardless.

How is you crying about people exploiting private matches any different? It is not.
Your lack of any sensible arguments does not help your cause.

Because a rotten 10% is what ruins it for the whole bunch. Myabe this link will help you understand. http://en.wikipedia....i/Sportsmanship

Wow you know how to provide links after all. I am truly impressed.

Oh contraire mon fraire, this has to be a disingenous statement by you. I don't understand how people can believe such a preposterous statemetn. You have to just be trolling. There is no way this is a serious comment.

The dev already has made a statement regarding this, I have given countless examples. This last statement is suspect and I'm going to stop replying to you now.

Zero isn't exactly countless. Just like your 'endless discussion in other thread' wasn't even 10 posts.

The fact that you can not comprehend or do not want to comprehend what other people tell you does not make them trolls

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 21 February 2014 - 07:28 AM.

#104 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostLukoi, on 21 February 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

Needless to say, one can clearly exploit things to greater effect in a purely private setting than they can in a community accessible environment so they will likely never come off of this stance. Look at BF3 servers as a prime exqmple of this.

Here you are discussing pvp only and stats and rewards based on performance in that arena. It is very easy to exploit those kinds of things even someone controlls the setti gs and potentially colludes with others to stat pad.

Only if something you can gain in private matches actually affects community enviro. The amount of c-bills I have or the amount of exp I have hardly affect community in any way. Stats? Maybe. But nobody ever asked for stats in privates.

You can play Wow with juet a couple of key friends but on the overall game world AND in a primarily pve environment. Major apple to orange issue there.

Yes, and I will still earn exp/gold doing so. And I will in no way affect the rest of community.

Does it punish a majority due to a tiny minority? Yes. Welcome to the real world in that regard.

Exploits / griefing can be tracked, it just requires effort. Where effort is lacking, majority is screwed.

#105 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

The game modes you get skill rated in. PGI's "official" "ranked" game modes.

So PUG queue is "official" "ranked" game mode. That made my day.

#106 Nightfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

exactly

So ... your problem is that your preferred game mode would become less popular than another game mode if it had rewards and therefore, shouldn't? How is that different from "Play the game the way I want you to or don't get rewards!"?

We'd still have players, PGI would still be getting purchases, you just wouldn't have as many players in your preferred game mode. Doesn't that seem selfish to you? That you'd rather other people have a lesser experience just so you can keep your experience better?

refer to previous statement...

It was a question. You don't get to answer a question with "exactly". It makes no sense!
The question was: Is your problem with Private Matches that there would be less people in that queue to play with or is it that there would be people playing in a way you don't agree with?

They shouldn't even reduce the rewards, because besides not participaiting in the community, it will still be xploitable. This is not conjecture, its a fact. 90% of the community disagree with you, I made this poll at your suggestion...lol Should I make another one?

They would be participating with the community. Many drop systems in the past have welcomed many varied players into the styles of matches. You don't get to discount these people from the community because they would prefer not to play in the random public queue with its many faults.

I have never stated it wasn't exploitable. My queries are to what extent? What real affect does this have on the public queue? and why is it bad if a different mode becomes popular? You really haven't actually addressed those points.

Yes, you made a poll. Then you tied two options together and gave no option to differentiate. I'll give you an example.
"Are you in favor of a $1000 tax rebate and murdering some kittens?"
I'm pretty sure I could count on people's greed to murder those poor, cute kittens! It is bad methodology.
Finally, 51 votes is no where close to the majority of the community. You have some votes in a rigged poll, good job. I will give you credit though, I don't recall anyone other than myself complaining about the false choice.

"Why do you care if you don't?"

Why do I care if I don't get XP or C-Bills? Are you dense? I like progression and never claimed otherwise. What I have claimed is I like to play with my friends. That doesn't mean I should have to choose between playing with my friends and progression, why can't I have both? You seem to be stuck on this being mutually exclusive.

Oh i think alot of people would, and that would make the playerbase in the public game modes smaller.
  • No one who would play CW would abandon it for Private Matches that yield XP/C-Bills. CW is a completely different beast and any competitive player who wanted to play CW to start with still would. It would be the only way we could affect the star map, have any bragging rights and have any sort of real ranking.
  • The number of players in the Public Queue is not even comparable to CW.
  • If Private Matches that yield XP/C-Bills make the Public Random Queue smaller, that isn't something that bothers me. The Public Random Queue is not sacred to me and I don't see why another mode shouldn't replace it if it is more popular. It isn't an economics question since people would still be playing, it would just be in Private Matches. I have no problem jumping from virtual dropship to virtual dropship seeing if anyone minds if I snag a few drops with them. I don't see that as an issue at all.

First of all again, i have never noticed an aimbot.

This means nothing.

Second, your statement implies that because people already cheat in the game, You don't care if they cheat in a private match..... SHame on you.

You're really going to start these tactics all over again after I'm being nice enough to only address the arguments you put forward? My statement implies nothing of the sort and I resent your accusation.

I simply said cheats exist for MWO. I know they do. Championing a different game mode doesn't mean I condone cheating in that or in any game mode. Your leaps of logic are ... unfounded.

Cheating should not be rewarded in any game mode. Private matches would be the most "cheat-able" game mode there is. And if what you say is true, then these so called "cheaters" would have a field day with private matches, the game would become even more exploited.

There is a difference between cheating and exploitation. Private Matches would be no more cheatable than any other game mode. Seriously, how are cheats going to help you exploit a Private Match if you already had that intention? Private Matches would be more exploitable but I've raised questions around that issue, please address them.

haha your in your own world man. your out there...

Please address the points, don't attack the person.

again, noone gets paid, or sponsored for how well they do in training or practice.

Yes they do but it would become more obvious if you drop the sports analogy. People get paid the more they are worth. People with more qualifications / education / abilities are paid more than those that don't.

And again, cbills and xp have nothing to do with your improving your human/physical attributes.

So what? This is a game. This needs to be approached from game design theory, not trying to pretend as if this was real.

'Joseph Mallan': "That's a pretty fair assessment Rich! :) :D"

Agreed.

Edited by Nightfire, 21 February 2014 - 07:53 AM.

#107 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

Anyway. I am gonna go gather my 4x3 sync-dropping exploiting griefing premade of doom and stomp some pubs in pub queue using all-meta cheese builds with wall hacks and aimbots while also ggclose-ing and insulting them in chat, violating sacred shrines and virgins, eating their babies and all other stuff that I actually do in my free time. Did I forget anything?

#108 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 21 February 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

They get 10k c-bills and 100 exp. And all whine is yours. You wanted an opinion I gave you an opinion. If you want to start 'RichAC hates all people who have friends and want to play this game with friends' thread keep me out of it.

what stat do they get that for? the win or loss?

You accuse me of defending exploiters then tell me to read my previous statement where I do not defend anything? Then you tell me how I am wrong by saying exact same thing I said. You do sound special.

Excuse for what? For me wanting to play with people I want to play rather than same exploiters and griefers?

Think for more than 2 seconds before you post something and actually read what others post before you do.

you comparing how much effort it takes in the different ways to cheat, is pretty much defending cheating.

This ...

... is your original comment that brought up 'arena shooter' and couter-strike discussion. To which I replied that 'arena shooters' also have private matches. It had nothing to do with 'example of players progressing in xp and other rewards in private matches'.

Thats exactly what you were implying. You sound like nightfire, trying to retract his statement about Blizzard including macros as an in game option in WoW, to try and sell their special gaming mouse haha.

You get 4 free mechbays with free account. Those mechbays are not occupied by trial mechs. You do NOT have to pay anything to have more than 4 trial mechs. This was my original statement which you again failed to comprehend with your impressive reading skills.

You keep asking for private matches to be rewarded, because otherwise how fun would it be to only play with 4 mech. Because you would have to play with ******* or pay, as you put it. I meant to say to master more then 4 mechs, you still have to buy another 4 mech bay slots, which has nothing to do with private matches.

Haveing a completely broken matchmaker isn't any better than no matchmaker at all. Pick 24 people for a game at random and balancing would be same as it is now. Ever heard of 'law of large numbers'?

I dont' think its completely broken at all. And no, I totaly disagree. There are alot of players, I will never see in any match, because they are rated much lower...... and yes, one time I teamed up with those players, and I got 8 kills and 1200 dmg.....and players almost seemed like they were standing still to me. I'm not saying I'm a top lvl player, i'm just in a higher bracket. I disagree strongly with your belief.

Couple posts ago you claimed that me as a 'part of some clique' is 10% of MWO population and game won't lose much if we leave. Following that logic remaining 90% won't even notice it. But now you claim that if these same 10% leave than poor solo players will have nobody to play with.

Thats right, see ya later /bye 90% don't agree, doesn't mean cheating and unsportlike behavior won't affect them.

It is very convinient for 'premade haters' to cry 'so many premades' when they are getting stomped and yet claim PGI needs to do everything in favor of solo players because premades are a vast minority of playerbase.

huh? you lost me.

How is you crying about people exploiting private matches any different? It is not.

Your lack of any sensible arguments does not help your cause.

The difference is we don't know what CW will be like for you to make the conclusion whether you will like it or not. But we do know for a 100% fact, that private matches are exploitable? See the difference?

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#109 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

You do know that being compared to Nightfire is not an insult as you are implying it to be, His responses are easy to read, on topic,mature and rarely resort to name calling and insults. More posters need to be capable of disagreeing like he does.

You show signs of the same qualities when we quickly discussed Hacks.

#110 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostNightfire, on 21 February 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

So ... your problem is that your preferred game mode would become less popular than another game mode if it had rewards and therefore, shouldn't? How is that different from "Play the game the way I want you to or don't get rewards!"?

We'd still have players, PGI would still be getting purchases, you just wouldn't have as many players in your preferred game mode. Doesn't that seem selfish to you? That you'd rather other people have a lesser experience just so you can keep your experience better?

More like the game mode PGI is designing this game around, by your own admission. And the game mode 90% of the community prefer. If you don't like the game don't play it. A Dev already said private matches will not be rewarded. To continue to argue against the devs themselves and 90% of this community, is whats selfish.

They would be participating with the community. Many drop systems in the past have welcomed many varied players into the styles of matches. You don't get to discount these people from the community because they would prefer not to play in the random public queue with its many faults.

Thats the point, they would not be participating with the community. Only their private community. Which is fine, as long as they understand, to get the benefits everyone else does, they need to participate with the whole community.

I have never stated it wasn't exploitable. My queries are to what extent? What real affect does this have on the public queue? and why is it bad if a different mode becomes popular? You really haven't actually addressed those points.

What a troll..hahah. As if the fact its exploitable isn't enough..... I've addressed these points over and over again. Everytime you ask me this I will just keep reposting this:

Because you are avoiding the challenge of playing with random teamates and opponents, for easier/faster rewards. Apparently "playing with friends" for "fun" is not your real issue. If cbills were not an issue, why would you care in the first place?

I'm sure PGI also wants to make sure people still actually play CW and other game modes. Which they are working hard on and what keeps them in business, and how they designed this game to be played.

^ this is just one reply i repasted that answers this question, you should actually try reading this thread instead of trolling it "for personal reasons" lol.

Another reason, which you've already quoted from me I didn't bother to reply to, is that if you only progressed in a private match, it would throw the match maker off balance, and your ELO would be invalid, for obivous reasons, when dropping back in with the community. The longer you don't play with the community, the more in accurate your ELO becomes, especially when gaining xp and equipment, meaning abilities and attributes, for obvious reasons.

Yes, you made a poll. Then you tied two options together and gave no option to differentiate. I'll give you an example.

"Are you in favor of a $1000 tax rebate and murdering some kittens?"

I'm pretty sure I could count on people's greed to murder those poor, cute kittens! It is bad methodology.

Finally, 51 votes is no where close to the majority of the community. You have some votes in a rigged poll, good job. I will give you credit though, I don't recall anyone other than myself complaining about the false choice.

HAHAHA.... The reason why, is because there is no "choice" Its fun to read insane replies like this....

Why do I care if I don't get XP or C-Bills? Are you dense? I like progression and never claimed otherwise. What I have claimed is I like to play with my friends. That doesn't mean I should have to choose between playing with my friends and progression, why can't I have both? You seem to be stuck on this being mutually exclusive.

You can still play with friends in a 4 man. Or you can form a 12 man.

No one who would play CW would abandon it for Private Matches that yield XP/C-Bills. CW is a completely different beast and any competitive player who wanted to play CW to start with still would. It would be the only way we could affect the star map, have any bragging rights and have any sort of real ranking.
The number of players in the Public Queue is not even comparable to CW.
If Private Matches that yield XP/C-Bills make the Public Random Queue smaller, that isn't something that bothers me. The Public Random Queue is not sacred to me and I don't see why another mode shouldn't replace it if it is more popular. It isn't an economics question since people would still be playing, it would just be in Private Matches. I have no problem jumping from virtual dropship to virtual dropship seeing if anyone minds if I snag a few drops with them. I don't see that as an issue at all.

I disagree and refer to the first statement of this post.

You're really going to start these tactics all over again after I'm being nice enough to only address the arguments you put forward? My statement implies nothing of the sort and I resent your accusation.

I simply said cheats exist for MWO. I know they do. Championing a different game mode doesn't mean I condone cheating in that or in any game mode. Your leaps of logic are ... unfounded.

There is a difference between cheating and exploitation. Private Matches would be no more cheatable than any other game mode. Seriously, how are cheats going to help you exploit a Private Match if you already had that intention? Private Matches would be more exploitable but I've raised questions around that issue, please address them.

Please address the points, don't attack the person.

You "know" they do? hmmm And I disagree that cheating and exploitation be treated any different. Why would you even want to have a debate on that? Cheat-able, exploitable, pure semantics. Just like a criminal is a crimnal, we don't have to argue the diffrence between their crimes. They both go directly to jail and don't pass go...lol

Yes they do but it would become more obvious if you drop the sports analogy. People get paid the more they are worth. People with more qualifications / education / abilities are paid more than those that don't.

So what? This is a game. This needs to be approached from game design theory, not trying to pretend as if this was real.

'Joseph Mallan': "That's a pretty fair assessment Rich! :) :D"

Agreed.

Sporstmanship is required, whether its a video game, and athletic sport or board game.

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#111 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

huh? you lost me.

Yes. Long ago.

Also, live up to your own words ...

This last statement is suspect and I'm going to stop replying to you now.

#112 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

More like the game mode PGI is designing this game around, by your own admission. And the game mode 90% of the community prefer. If you don't like the game don't play it. A Dev already said private matches will not be rewarded. To continue to argue against the devs themselves and 90% of this community, is whats selfish.
Then why start a conversation if you are not ready for people to have other opinions and beliefs? You even put up a poll and everything.

I would and do support having XP awards for training cause training is one way people learn and gain experience. I don't see a need to have C-Bill rewards for training even though I have proven it happens in real life.

#113 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 February 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Then why start a conversation if you are not ready for people to have other opinions and beliefs? You even put up a poll and everything.

I would and do support having XP awards for training cause training is one way people learn and gain experience. I don't see a need to have C-Bill rewards for training even though I have proven it happens in real life.

This whole poll was rhetorical, its all based on common sense, and was made for nightfire at his suggestion.

xp is more of an advantage and reward, then cbills.

You have not proved pro athletes or sportsmen, get sponsored or paid for how well they do in training lmao. Even though that has nothing to do with anything.

Since, And again xp, has nothing to do with improving your physical attributes, which along with better tactics, also comes from practice and is rewarding in itself.

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#114 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

This whole poll was rhetorical, and made for nightfire.

xp is more of an advantage and reward, then cbills.

You have not proved pro athletes or sportsmen, get sponsored or paid for how well they do in training lmao.

And again xp, has nothing to do with improving your physical attributes, which along with better tactics, also comes from practice and is rewarding in itself.

if they didn't train they wouldn't be Pro atheltes You haven't proven they aren't paid for training. An Athlete is paid by the season/year So everything they do to earn their paycheck is covered under that pay umbrella. Also I remember that a few Football players were fined for not showing up for practices over the years... So if it weren't a part of the pay package why fine the player.

Notice you are avoiding my being paid to go to school and during my Apprenticeship training, or my Wife's 2 week course she had to have before even becoming a full time employee. OR m being paid to have never killed a single enemy of the US.

I have been paid a lot for training Rich.

I Use XP to be able to get my Mech to be able to move faster. That is training an experience being spent. A new Boot player doesn't get that ability He has to put in time playing the game. and if I am playing in private matches I am playing the game. If we wanna make money in private matches, then let us wager the C-Bills. IF Murphy's Law can buy ME a computer to play the game on, the players of the group should be able to give money to less fortunate/new players, to help the over all continuity of the unit if it is deemed best for the unit. :)

Experience comes from more training
Shared wealth increases the performance of team as a whole.

Solo Players... well they chose their bed and as my parents have always taught me, they need to lay in it.

#115 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 February 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

if they didn't train they wouldn't be Pro atheltes You haven't proven they aren't paid for training. An Athlete is paid by the season/year So everything they do to earn their paycheck is covered under that pay umbrella. Also I remember that a few Football players were fined for not showing up for practices over the years... So if it weren't a part of the pay package why fine the player.

Notice you are avoiding my being paid to go to school and during my Apprenticeship training, or my Wife's 2 week course she had to have before even becoming a full time employee. OR m being paid to have never killed a single enemy of the US.

I have been paid a lot for training Rich.

I Use XP to be able to get my Mech to be able to move faster. That is training an experience being spent. A new Boot player doesn't get that ability He has to put in time playing the game. and if I am playing in private matches I am playing the game. If we wanna make money in private matches, then let us wager the C-Bills. IF Murphy's Law can buy ME a computer to play the game on, the players of the group should be able to give money to less fortunate/new players, to help the over all continuity of the unit if it is deemed best for the unit. :)

Experience comes from more training
Shared wealth increases the performance of team as a whole.

Solo Players... well they chose their bed and as my parents have always taught me, they need to lay in it.

Bringing up combat and sports again, Haven't we already had this debate in another thread? The two have nothing to do with each other.

Maybe if I use the word hired? Athletes do not get "hired" or drafted, or sponsored, based on their training and practice...Scouts watch their performance in official ranked matches. They also do not get paid to practice, they get paid for competing.

After they are hired, sure training facilities and equipment are provided to the them, but that is not the reason they are hired in the first place. Thats absolutely ridiculous.

XP in the game, is not the same as "experience" in real life. Which has to do with improved tactics and human attributes. Honestly man, I'm tired of repeating this. XP in the game has nothing to do with your physical or mind abilities, which is what is improved from practice.

I don't want to sound condescending, but I find it hard to believe you don't understand the difference.

Also, XP are more of an advantage then cbills. If you only progressed in a private match, it would throw the match maker off balance, and your ELO would be invalid, for obivous reasons, when dropping back in with the community. The longer you don't play with the community, the more inaccurate your ELO becomes, especially when gaining xp and equipment, meaning abilities and attributes, for obvious reasons.

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#116 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 20 February 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

[color=cyan]As this feature is currently in the pipe, I'll comment on it. It has never been our stance to allow rewards in Private Matches. It is something easily gamed and exploited. CB/XP rewards will only be available in the public queue.[/color]

On the other hand Paul it was never your stance to allow Coolant Flush and 3rd Person/1st Person in a single Que... originally. :)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 21 February 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#117 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

Bringing up combat and sports again, Haven't we already had this debate in another thread? The two have nothing to do with each other.

Maybe if I use the word hired? Athletes do not get "hired" or drafted, or sponsored, based on their training and practice...Scouts watch their performance in official ranked matches. They also do not get paid to practice, they get paid for competing.

After they are hired, sure training facilities and equipment are provided to the them, but that is not the reason they are hired in the first place. Thats absolutely ridiculous.

XP in the game, is not the same as "experience" in real life. Which has to do with improved tactics and human attributes. Honestly man, I'm tired of repeating this. XP in the game has nothing to do with your physical or mind abilities, which what is improved from practice.
I don't want to sound condescending, but I find it hard to believe you don't understand the difference.

Also, XP are more of an advantage then cbills. If you only progressed in a private match, it would throw the match maker off balance, and your ELO would be invalid, for obivous reasons, when dropping back in with the community. The longer you don't play with the community, the more in accurate your ELO becomes, especially when gaining xp and equipment, meaning abilities and attributes, for obvious reasons.

You'd be wrong again. You think Micheal Jordan would have gotten drafted or scouted if he hadn't put up 1,000s and 1,000s of free throw, lay ups, hook shots et al as a kid? THOSE were free... Or were they? would Micheal have gotten on he Bull's to earn Million dollar contracts, Hw much was those lay ups worth.

As to military, this is a game that revolves around armies of multiple nations making war to gain control of the known universe, you are playing a MechWARRIOR. As such, it is a fair example of how our nation's warriors are paid whether they are killing enemies or not.

Still not touching the Paid for schooling are you though? And Paid for 4 years to learn my skilled trade.

In this instance, I really don't believe there is a right or wrong answer to this debate Rich. Because I don't agree with you does not mean you are wrong OR right.

Just like Paul saying they don't intend to give EXP for private matches really does not hold any meaning.

(Paul,
Sorry but you do deserve that poke. You have multiple times said THIS will not happen, and yet we have it in game.

You are supposed to say what you do. Do what you say. Then prove it. Over and over again. It is the ISO mantra for Quality.)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 21 February 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#118 Nightfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

you comparing how much effort it takes in the different ways to cheat, is pretty much defending cheating.

It is not and that is blatantly dishonest. One can not be a cheater, not condone cheating and still be able to critically cheating and various forms. We do this with crimes, yet anyone who looks at one crime being worse than another crime is not judged as a criminal or defending crime.

Thats exactly what you were implying. You sound like nightfire, trying to retract his statement about Blizzard including macros as an in game option in WoW, to try and sell their special gaming mouse haha.

Really!? Not only do you blatantly lie here, you use my name as an insult again? you know what? ... Let me quote that since you want to keep bringing it back!

This was the challenge IceSerpent put forward that you failed to meet.

View PostIceSerpent, on 08 February 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Name one. Post a link to any game that provides instructions on how to use hardware macros for a specific (make and model - wise) gaming device, instead of just instructions on how to create in-game macros if such are available.

This is me partially defending your position that there is indeed one company that indeed does provide said support but only because they sell the hardware.

View PostNightfire, on 09 February 2014 - 02:18 AM, said:

Conflation again of built in and supplied, language interpreter with macro support with macro support with PGI's failure to support external 3rd party products supplied and supported by said 3rd party. The supplied page (I looked myself) doesn't make any mention of hardware though it should be mentioned that through SteelSeries, Blizzard does make, distribute and support their own hardware. (WoW Mouse)

Again, the concept of supply and ownership is either lost or completely ignored by RichAC.

This is you, blatantly twisting, straw-manning and lying. Trying to turn my partial defense of your position into me claiming WoW only had macros to sell their mice ... ?

View PostRichAC, on 19 February 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

I was being sarcastic, about you talking about macros are in wow because they want to sell their special mouse....lmao. Which was a totally out of touch clueless reply...

and here again, repeating the lie to try and convince people it was true.

View PostRichAC, on 19 February 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I requoted what you said word for word, why even bring up the fact blizzard makes their own mouse? The fact still remains, that many people don't have access to such hardware, and blizzard didn't add the macro in the game to sell their special mouse.

If you're going to do this sort of stuff, try and do it about things that people can't just go back and easily disprove.
I retract nothing. I offer a full dissection of that conversation here.

You keep asking for private matches to be rewarded, because otherwise how fun would it be to only play with 4 mech. Because you would have to play with ******* or pay, as you put it. I meant to say to master more then 4 mechs, you still have to buy another 4 mech bay slots, which has nothing to do with private matches.

This, while a nice rant, has nothing to do with why Private Matches shouldn't get rewards.

I dont' think its completely broken at all. And no, I totaly disagree. There are alot of players, I will never see in any match, because they are rated much lower...... and yes, one time I teamed up with those players, and I got 8 kills and 1200 dmg.....and players almost seemed like they were standing still to me. I'm not saying I'm a top lvl player, i'm just in a higher bracket. I disagree strongly with your belief.

I disagree strongly with yours also. I play with many players who would I would consider to be in the top brackets and I have had people in trial mechs who haven't a clue. The matchmaker is terribly broken. This is actually a precursor to a position that you yourself have put forward. That the Elo range for the Matchmaker has been widened because of the low player base.

"RichAC': "Thats right, see ya later /bye"

Once again, argue the point put forward, don't attack the person.

'RichAC': "90% don't agree, doesn't mean cheating and unsportlike behavior won't affect them."

Having a different game mode have rewards doesn't automatically lead to them being a sub-community of cheaters. You have no grounds or basis for making that claim.

'RichAC': "The difference is we don't know what CW will be like for you to make the conclusion whether you will like it or not. But we do know for a 100% fact, that private matches are exploitable? See the difference?"

Yeah, no we don't. We have a strong suspicion that there is room for exploitation but people exploit the Random Public Queue now. If we apply the same logic, should we abolish the public queue because people exploit sync dropping?

#119 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 February 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

You'd be wrong again. You think Micheal Jordan would have gotten drafted or scouted if he hadn't put up 1,000s and 1,000s of free throw, lay ups, hook shots et al as a kid? THOSE were free... Or were they? would Micheal have gotten on he Bull's to earn Million dollar contracts, Hw much was those lay ups worth.

As to military, this is a game that revolves around armies of multiple nations making war to gain control of the known universe, you are playing a MechWARRIOR. As such, it is a fair example of how our nation's warriors are paid whether they are killing enemies or not.

Still not touching the Paid for schooling are you though? And Paid for 4 years to learn my skilled trade.

In this instance, I really don't believe there is a right or wrong answer to this debate Rich. Because I don't agree with you does not mean you are wrong OR right.

Just like Paul saying they don't intend to give EXP for private matches really does not hold any meaning.

(Paul,
Sorry but you do deserve that poke. You have multiple times said THIS will not happen, and yet we have it in game.

You are supposed to say what you do. Do what you say. Then prove it. Over and over again. It is the ISO mantra for Quality.)

Michael Jordan wasn't drafted for doing those things in Practice bud.

Unlike War, this game should be played fairly bud, Sorry this isn't the roleplaying simulation based on the book you want.

So you dont think Dev Paul will stick to his guns? Like Nightfire, do you also think I rigged this Poll? lmao....

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#120 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

You know, I used to get to playtest the CBT rules for a few years. Me and the other couple hundred testers ha forus and chats and discussed our findings. We didnt give up til we could not break a rule any more. The rules got published, and within a week Someone out there came up with a way to break Rule X by doing Y. We had Nuclear physicists, Aerospace Engineers, Cops, Soldiers, and Beer swilling life long gamer geeks( Like myself) hammer the rules and some guy from Podunk found a hitch we over looked. *hit Happens is all I can say!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users