Drop, The Weight?

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Drop, the weight? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Like to see weight groupings for Mech selection?

1. Yes, I'd like to filter by weight (4 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No (1 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

Whilst most pilots will have a good awareness to the overall tonnage values of their preferred Mechs I cannot but feel that with the introduction of tonnage restrictions that some useful assistance in being able to quickly select appropriate Mechs for a certain weight. This will become more self evident when the list of Mechs increases with time. (I'm assuming that Clan Mechs may be separate from IS Mechs again in these lists or have further help in identifying tech areas.)

In the Mech selection and possibly Mech Lab I'm proposing that the list of Mechs Classes have optional sub menus of specific weights per every relevant 5 tons to be able to select from. Either that or an extra menu separated from the Class values using an extra weight category with weight sub menus that allows you again to filter by weight value.

This in theory may then help pilots in making quicker and easier selections for Mechs of a certain weight either for when tonnage restriction needs based on groups or as part of private match needs are applied.

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:35 AM

That could be nice, though I'd rather have a list right now than the current grid view anyway (this goes for mechs AND equipment). The Inventory screen already has the list view, so would like to have that in other areas (preferably a detailed list where you could see the tonnage and crit spaces next to each piece of equipment, and tonnage for each mech.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 21 February 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#3 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

This is one of many sorts and filters that should be added. It won't be truly necessary until the Launch module, but PGI could add it in a bit early to sort of lay some groundwork.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users