I Want To Buy My Friends Gifts.

5 replies to this topic

#1 MissSushi

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

This is my first forum post, so to start with… Thankyou Devs for making us, in my opinion, a great game!

On to the post topic! Many people will probably be able to relate to what I’m going to say. I have been running with the same clan/guild since I was 17 years old, we play everything together and I consider these people my family even though I have never met some of them. I like buying my friends/family gifts.

In the steam sales at x-mas I must have bought at least 5 copies of every game I bought so my friends could play with me. And I bought a lot of games in the steam sales but in MechWarrior I can’t be cheeky and buy a friend the hero or champ of their favourite mech. I can’t do something stupid like buy all my friends fluro pink paint and delight in the comments we get when we all drop looking super sassy.

In short – I want to buy my friends MechGifts and I can guarantee that if a gifting system was available in the game that I would spend even more money than I do now. I already need to buy more MC to pay for my cockpit item addiction. :)

#2 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,675 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

they are concerned about abuse of the feature, but maybe they will figure something out.

#3 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:27 AM

If it concerns cosmetic items then I cannot see any problem with its use.

Money can already pass hands in the real world so the idea of gifting MC again not something that cannot be equivalently done using a PAYPAL account. There may be other issues with the international transfer of virtual currency however? But otherwise I could see MC being applied here as it is not an acquired item or C-Bills as part of rewards accumulated with playing the game.

#4 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

I support trading and gifting of items in all inventory-based video games.

But I am listening to what the devs have to say, and they seem to be worried about people creating a paypal "black market" where you can buy "hacked" or even stolen items for cheaper.

I would definitely not recommend allowing direct transfer of virtual currencies. Your C-Bills and MC are yours and yours alone, if you buy an MC gift, it's credited to the friends' account and you can't give any from your current pool.

Anyways, it'd be nice to wrap up a hero 'Mech and give it to someone.

#5 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

Asked this a while ago, suggested to produce a code for the redeem system to gift an ilya and a mech bay for one of my friends but support (who was really nice and polite) said it's not possible at that time but they want that too.

maybe with our new UI finally here they make such things possible.

I still think generating a code is the simplest solution. And I doubt you can exploit such a system, at the end you have to pay mc for it and there's no way to trade ingame...

#6 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:08 AM

Gifting is a very potent and fair monetization feature and i'm sure PGI will sooner or later implement it in some way.

As long as gifted items can't be traded, i see no way to abuse such a system. It works for the very similar WoT and many other games, so it should work here too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users