Head Damage?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

some actual damage to the head graphically would be good, cracked windows and what not messed up HUD's that sorta stuff.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

dont' know about the HUD messing up, that should feed through the neuro helmet but cracked cockpits and such would be awesome

#3 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

One of the reasons they added the Cockpit windows was so that, going forward, they could apply circumstantial effects to it (water after being submersed, rain effects, cracks when you take a head hit, etc.

#4 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

Sure, I'd love to see some cockpit damage upon head hit, but I have a few conditions:

1. The cracks appear at the edges, so many people are already complaining about the dust on the windshields.

2. Obviously the ferroglass can't entirely shatter. On HPG, if this happened, the warrior would be exposed to vacuum. I'm not sure if the suits are sealed tight enough to warrant survival, since I haven't read THAT deeply into lore yet, despite playing since MW2.

3. I hope it doesn't melt/blur from laser fire, or head hits will tempt people into going into 3rd person for the rest of the game.

4. Perhaps if the head is destroyed, we should get a split-second animation of the glass blowing out and the mechwarrior throwing his arm across his eyes in terror before death.

#5 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

Forgot about that ridiculous 3rd person. In the case of head damage don't allow 3rd person drone? Damage only to the sides of the glass would not make sense as the head damage should somewhat obscure visibility.

#6 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

Maybe upon head damage a player who tries to switch to 3pv just to circumvent that would have their vision blurred slightly? Maybe increase the film grain slightly in that case

#7 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

I'd say just add static and interference. Damage to the sensor suite or something prevents the drone from transmitting a clear picture to the pilot. It could be functionally equivalent to the canopy cracks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users