Game Needs Specialized Units

3 replies to this topic

#1 PaintedWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

Like the Hellstar and Thunder Hawk. It makes zero sense why we don't see these in the game. In real our military uses specialized units.

For example a US army tank platoon consists of 4 M1A1 Abrams. It does not consist of: 1 Abrams, 1 Bradley Fighting vehicle, 1 MLRP and 1 Tiger Tank.

I'm not saying it has to be as extreme as real life, but heck, not even one House Lord, General, Khan or Galaxy Commander can figure out something this simple?

Even in Table Top, if I play with a Star of Hellstars, there pretty much is not a single Star that can stand up to it.

And don't bring up Battle Value, unless that is you saying the Coordinator of the DCMS stands around all day saying "Guys we can't do that because the Battle Value will be too high!" Craziness.

Anyways, I am not saying all units should be specialized or in formations, but to have a game where all groups are just random, and all Mechs are basically put together in a random manner, well, it just detracts from any serious strategy in the game.

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hellstar - 4 ERPPCs... well you can do that in a Stalker... but I'd advise against it.

Thunder Hawk - 3 Gauss Rifles... not sure Gauss rifles are balanced properly to handle the result of alpha striking 3 of them to one component (45 damage alpha!!)

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 21 February 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

Like the Hellstar and Thunder Hawk. It makes zero sense why we don't see these in the game. In real our military uses specialized units.

For example a US army tank platoon consists of 4 M1A1 Abrams. It does not consist of: 1 Abrams, 1 Bradley Fighting vehicle, 1 MLRP and 1 Tiger Tank.

I'm not saying it has to be as extreme as real life, but heck, not even one House Lord, General, Khan or Galaxy Commander can figure out something this simple?

Even in Table Top, if I play with a Star of Hellstars, there pretty much is not a single Star that can stand up to it.

And don't bring up Battle Value, unless that is you saying the Coordinator of the DCMS stands around all day saying "Guys we can't do that because the Battle Value will be too high!" Craziness.

Anyways, I am not saying all units should be specialized or in formations, but to have a game where all groups are just random, and all Mechs are basically put together in a random manner, well, it just detracts from any serious strategy in the game.

Firestarters and Spiders are specialized units! Or they were, until they became MW:O Units.

#4 Supersmacky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 239 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 21 February 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

No, it makes no sense to have a Ready button that doesn't really do anything. It is a product management choice concerning what mechs are in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users