River City On Assault Mode Has Problems.

4 replies to this topic

#1 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

I will start by saying ever since they moved the capture point from the dropship to its current location for the one side I have not been a fan because it has eliminated the traffic on most of the map that used to happen.

That being said, with the addition of turrets it has become even more problematic. The side that starts on the island by the dock with what appear to be fuel tanks seem to be at a rather steep disadvantage. The cover on that side of the map is rather lacking, and it becomes difficult to get into a position that doesn't end up as a turkey shoot. The taller buildings as well as the easy access to the higher ground in the middle that the other team has give them a rather well dug in position to fight from. The only option it seems for the team on the island/dock area is to swing around to the left, but that leaves their base more or less unprotected. They either need to return the original spawn points or move the island/dock spawn point to the buildings in the upper area in my opinion.

#2 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

No thoughts from anyone? Agree, disagree, or just don't care?

#3 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

OR... the team on the dock-side leaves a lance on the left side and conquers the high point in a flank-attack on the right. Then the team on the city-side has no safe marching-routes to get to the other side.

#4 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 24 February 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

OR... the team on the dock-side leaves a lance on the left side and conquers the high point in a flank-attack on the right. Then the team on the city-side has no safe marching-routes to get to the other side.

Perhaps, but the side that can so easily dig in has the advantage of dictating the fight. In your scenario the lance left behind is going to get picked apart at range by the entrenched enemy across the water who will in turn take less damage due to having superior cover from the taller and more densely placed cover, or they hide and do nothing while the rest of their team gets picked apart by an entrenched enemy that can quickly and easily move into a position to attack from multiple angles.

I'm not saying dock side can't win and it it may happen more than I realize, but from my personal experience I have only seen that side win once so far and even then it was 12/11 victory. The balance of the map just feels off right now with the current base locations.

#5 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

i like it as it is so i guess im in the dont care category :(
the map is to small for 12 vs 12 and turret mode
small maps should work just for an improved conquest tip of game
not assault or skirmish. When the Huge maps not meant to play on conquest

2 user(s) are reading this topic